• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After an 0 for 8 start, Blaine Crim shook the rust off and went 2 for 4 yesterday with a double.

Last edited:
Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very interested in Jesus Luzardo at one time, but I think our cupboard is full. To work out a deal we would probably need to include Gray and offer to pay a lot of his salary, or deal Gray elsewhere. The Marlins need a CF plus other pieces.

I would trade them Leody or Bubba, either one, plus a lot more for Luzardo. He is under control for 4 more years.

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From what I understand in the past he is not good for the clubhouse. But on his sexual assault issue was there anything ever proven on that? Just curious as I have not paid much attention to it.
There was not enough evidence to file any charges by law enforcement. MLB was not ok with that and disciplined Bauer anyway.

MLB found evidence of Astros players cheating in 2017 but did not discipline any of them.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worth selling the farm. Right now the asking price is too high.

Seems as if they've been talking since Reynolds made his demand to be traded so maybe they're talking Pittsburgh down off the edge of the building to see if they can get a deal done. Personally I don't think they should make the trade but who am I...

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems as if they've been talking since Reynolds made his demand to be traded so maybe they're talking Pittsburgh down off the edge of the building to see if they can get a deal done. Personally I don't think they should make the trade but who am I...
Who are we? I don't think so either. More in favor developing our young players right now.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are we? I don't think so either. More in favor developing our young players right now.

Problem is the ownership is seeing attendance waning badly from 2012 (3.4M to a little over 2M in 2022) and is desperate to put more butts in the seats. Continuing to develop young players at this slow pace means continued reduced attendance cause the average fan won't spend the bucks to go watch a game if the team stinks :noidea: Hence the sudden bout of spending to make the team relevant again and get fans back in the seats (You have to wonder if ownership is wanting to get the team back to some semblance of respectability so they can cash out soon). :scratch: BTA they may be in it for the long haul and they see signing/trading for all of these players satisfies the desire to win now and give the younguns more time to develop. But if they make the wrong decisions as to who they trade away in the way of prospects and who to keep they'll be right back to where they've been the last 6 years by 2025 or 6...

Me personally I'm not sure they have the right people in place in the Minors to develop the younguns the way they could/should be developed. And I would have taken a chance on Bellinger instead of contemplating trading all those prospects for Reynolds. Trade some of the prospects you know you can do without for some more players to put in A and A+ to thin the herd just a bit...

Last edited:

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have the Rangers announced pitching coaches for AA and AAA yet.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have the Rangers announced pitching coaches for AA and AAA yet.
About 3 weeks ago they mentioned hiring Josh Zeid for AA but never seen a formal statement confirming that...

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 3 weeks ago they mentioned hiring Josh Zeid for AA but never seen a formal statement confirming that...

When the story broke about the AA pitching coach it was mentioned that they are believed to be in the final stages of finding a AAA pitching coach. That was just before Christmas, so I would expect that to break sometime this week.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Relief Pitcher: Andrew Chafin: 57 1/3 IP, 2.83 ERA, 10.5 SO/9, 3.0 BB/9. Chafin’s been a quality left-handed reliever for the past few seasons now, the last of which came with the Tigers. He’s effective against both left and right-handed hitters, and should fit in as a late-inning arm wherever he winds up landing. Control was an issue earlier in his career, but he seems to have tidied that up and posted a mark below 8% for the second-straight season. That figure came with a quality 27.6% strikeout rate. After declining a $6.5MM option on his contract with the Tigers, he should be able to top that on the open market on a multi-year deal.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea if accurate

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea if accurate

The guy who made this tweet says people around the league are beginning to think of Leiter as destined to be a reliever and that there is concern about his height. That is simply ludicrous.

Those things are not so, and if they were, why would the Pirates want him as part of the return?

I think the guy made up everything in the tweet and his reasoning as well.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The guy who made this tweet says people around the league are beginning to think of Leiter as destined to be a reliever and that there is concern about his height. That is simply ludicrous.

Those things are not so, and if they were, why would the Pirates want him as part of the return?

I think the guy made up everything in the tweet and his reasoning as well.
Why trade Jung and create another hole? This can’t be true.