• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe LAD keeps. He is not a free agent is he?
I have heard the Dodgers would release him. If that is the case the team that signs him would only be out the league minimum.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CY and Davis claimed to be putting together a competitive team sooner rather than later. While DeGrom can be outstanding and the Heaney and Odorizzi acquisitions are definitely upgrades to a pitiful rotation besides Perez last year, I just dont see them being any better offensively. Jung should helps some but not enough.

This team has to spend more to compete, not saying they have to try and keep up with Cohen because that is ludicrous but they aren't keeping up, even within the division. The Astros are still better, as are the Mariners and the Angels seem to have done more to upgrade their offense although they seem to still lack SP.

1 major signing, the re-signing of Perez (this was an absolute must really) and 2 options to upgrade the back end of the rotation, doesn't scream we are going for it. No move to close games or any upgrade to the BP and nothing to improve the lineup as of yet and day by day the options become slimmer.

Yes I am being unrealistic but I want to see more.....

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CY and Davis claimed to be putting together a competitive team sooner rather than later. While DeGrom can be outstanding and the Heaney and Odorizzi acquisitions are definitely upgrades to a pitiful rotation besides Perez last year, I just dont see them being any better offensively. Jung should helps some but not enough.

This team has to spend more to compete, not saying they have to try and keep up with Cohen because that is ludicrous but they aren't keeping up, even within the division. The Astros are still better, as are the Mariners and the Angels seem to have done more to upgrade their offense although they seem to still lack SP.

1 major signing, the re-signing of Perez (this was an absolute must really) and 2 options to upgrade the back end of the rotation, doesn't scream we are going for it. No move to close games or any upgrade to the BP and nothing to improve the lineup as of yet and day by day the options become slimmer.

Yes I am being unrealistic but I want to see more.....
I agree. Not signing Perez to an extension is puzzling.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have heard the Dodgers would release him. If that is the case the team that signs him would only be out the league minimum.
If he’s released the Dodgers are guaranteed to be on the hook for 22 million. If they can trade him they are not necessarily out that amount depending on the deal.
Some team will pick him up either way despite what off the field baggage he has.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Couldn't they try to send him to the Minors in an attempt to get him to exercise his opt-out and only be paid $15M and be a free agent? That would give the team a little breathing room under the $233M threshold which they say they want to stay under...

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't they try to send him to the Minors in an attempt to get him to exercise his opt-out and only be paid $15M and be a free agent? That would give the team a little breathing room under the $233M threshold which they say they want to stay under...
I imagine he is out of options at this point.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine he is out of options at this point.

I realize that, this would be a way to try to force his hand so they aren't on the hook for as much money...

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that, this would be a way to try to force his hand so they aren't on the hook for as much money...
I meant they aren't allowed to do so.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant they aren't allowed to do so.

Outright Waivers​

Definition​

A club attempting to remove a player from the 40-man roster and send him to the Minor Leagues must first place that player on outright waivers, allowing the 29 other Major League clubs the opportunity to claim him. The claiming club assumes responsibility for the remaining money owed to the claimed player, who is placed on his new club's 40-man roster. Should the player clear waivers, he can be sent to any Minor League affiliate the club chooses. Outright waivers are also used when clubs wish to remove a player who is out of Minor League options from the 26-man roster by sending him to the Minors.

Claiming priority is based on league and reverse winning percentage. So, if a player is placed on outright waivers by an American League club, the 14 other AL clubs will have priority over the 15 National League clubs, with top priority going to the AL club with the weakest record, followed by the AL club with the second-weakest record, and so on. If a club has already previously claimed a player on outright waivers in a given year, the club’s claiming priority will be moved to last among the 30 clubs.

If a player has more than three years of Major League service time or was previously outrighted in his career (by his current club or another club), he is eligible to reject the outright assignment and instead opt for free agency. Players with more than three but less than five years of Major League service time must forfeit any remaining guaranteed money on their contract if they reject an outright assignment. Conversely, those with five or more years of Major League service time are still owed any guaranteed money remaining on their contract, should they elect free agency following an outright.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Conversely, those with five or more years of Major League service time are still owed any guaranteed money remaining on their contract, should they elect free agency following an outright.
This is what I was talking about. He would still be owed all the money from them and could still be a free agent.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers could sign two of the best relievers available and that would make them a wildcard contender, if their starting pitching stays relatively healthy. They are still a long ways off from being a WS contender, but no one should have expected that in 2023.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we picked this guy up

DFAd Eli white

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They see OF holes. Not too big on Jung. Think Lowe was a fluke. They like Heim. Not too big on Adolis. Love our SP. Projected Corey low on HRs. Look at Foscue

Pretty obvious that to do better we need another OF but a 3 Year contract makes no sense

They see us contending for a WC spot but surely not as a serious contender as oppose to Seattle

No mention of Duran He may be the surprise of the year

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol