• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The question is, should the Rangers consider Trevor Bauer?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Angels got a decent utility guy.

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Angels got a decent utility guy.

They have made some solid additions
Their rotation and line up actually looks pretty good
Mariners, Angels and of course the Astros are going to be tough

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have made some solid additions
Their rotation and line up actually looks pretty good
Mariners, Angels and of course the Astros are going to be tough
Good for them but I want better for us utility or not

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder if the Rangers can land Conforto on a multi year deal with incentives?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder if the Rangers can land Conforto on a multi year deal with incentives?
To me I would rather get a reliever and let Duran take the spot. He has a MLB bat and is cheap
We have other guys coming up too. We have to have some guy who is a rookie take off. We will never be the yanks and buy a WS

Plus keep the powder dry for next year. LAD is doing this. We got ShoTime on the market and some good other food pitchers

Get someone via trade or wait. I guess you can alway flip guys but guys on new contracts are tricky

Just my little viewpoint

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t you know DeGrom is aware of all the smack being laid down. I hope JDG makes JV look 2nd class compared to him and we can hear some Heyman crow being chomped on

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me I would rather get a reliever and let Duran take the spot. He has a MLB bat and is cheap
We have other guys coming up too. We have to have some guy who is a rookie take off. We will never be the yanks and buy a WS

Plus keep the powder dry for next year. LAD is doing this. We got ShoTime on the market and some good other food pitchers

Get someone via trade or wait. I guess you can alway flip guys but guys on new contracts are tricky

Just my little viewpoint

It’s a legit, valid view point.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is not a guy our team needs methinks

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just my little viewpoint

Duran, J Smith & Bubba Thompson have pretty much shown what they can do in the minors.
It’s pretty much expected they would struggle at first at the big league level last year.
Now is probably the time to let them try and cement themselves in the majors.
We can’t spend our way there

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Moore’s market value is 3.3M a year. I thought he would have been brought back by now.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Correa signs with Mets, 12 years 315 M.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Moore’s market value is 3.3M a year. I thought he would have been brought back by now.
Either he wants more money than that (since the market is insane this year), too many years or the Rangers think last year was a fluke or a combination thereof... :noidea:

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correa signs with Mets, 12 years 315 M.

Yes totally crazy and maybe if there is a health concern it does not finalize like Rocker. Article says he goes to 3B. This is weird. Not one thing why Giants did not finalize. The author was the ex best writer for the Halos

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These long term contracts are becoming like money deferrals. No reason to think they will play anywhere worth the money the back end of these contracts.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giants fanbase going nuts

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an insane story
I am a capitalist, some would say to the extreme, and quite in favor of a survival of the fittest type mindset. So I have never been one to balk at there being disparity in MLB payrolls.

But it’s getting absurd, even for my tastes. I’m all for teams like the Yankees and Dodgers being able to spend a bit more. But Steve Cohen has more money than most owners combined, and he is hell-bent on spending his way to a championship. He is making the Dodgers and Yankees seem thrifty by comparison.

There was ZERO reason for him to buy Carlos Correa, other than him being a big name with big dollars attached. They already have Francisco Lindor, who is the superior SS in my opinion when you consider contact, power, speed, fielding, contract, and health. Correa had an identical WAR to Lindor last season (not that WAR is the end-all/be-all stat granted). But honestly, how much better does he really make the Mets? He is vastly overrated on the offensive side of the game, and there’s a reason why the Astros chose to build around Alvarez and Tucker and replace Correa with Peña.

Rangers have been spending like crazy lately as well, but they had a LONG way to go to even get up among the league’s top spenders, and they’re still not there.

If baseball ever does implement a hard salary cap, teams like the Yankees, Dodgers, and Mets will be in major trouble while the Rays and Cardinals will dominate.

For those keeping track at home, this off-season Cohen has purchased Verlander, Correa, Diaz, Senga, Nimmo, Robertson, Quintana, Ottavino, and Narvaez.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a capitalist, some would say to the extreme, and quite in favor of a survival of the fittest type mindset. So I have never been one to balk at there being disparity in MLB payrolls.

But it’s getting absurd, even for my tastes. I’m all for teams like the Yankees and Dodgers being able to spend a bit more. But Steve Cohen has more money than most owners combined, and he is hell-bent on spending his way to a championship. He is making the Dodgers and Yankees seem thrifty by comparison.

There was ZERO reason for him to buy Carlos Correa, other than him being a big name with big dollars attached. They already have Francisco Lindor, who is the superior SS in my opinion when you consider contact, power, speed, fielding, contract, and health. Correa had an identical WAR to Lindor last season (not that WAR is the end-all/be-all stat granted). But honestly, how much better does he really make the Mets? He is vastly overrated on the offensive side of the game, and there’s a reason why the Astros chose to build around Alvarez and Tucker and replace Correa with Peña.

Rangers have been spending like crazy lately as well, but they had a LONG way to go to even get up among the league’s top spenders, and they’re still not there.

If baseball ever does implement a hard salary cap, teams like the Yankees, Dodgers, and Mets will be in major trouble while the Rays and Cardinals will dominate.

For those keeping track at home, this off-season Cohen has purchased Verlander, Correa, Diaz, Senga, Nimmo, Robertson, Quintana, Ottavino, and Narvaez.
Yes there are no real rules for Cohen. Spending like the world is coming to an end pronto

We shall see how the commish reacts. Boras is dancing