• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good sign of things to come.
Me personally I'm not quite sure how to take that posting...

Do they not have anybody in mind? Are the pickings that slim? Trying to judge interest in coaching for Rangers instead of direct contact? :noidea:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me personally I'm not quite sure how to take that posting...

Do they not have anybody in mind? Are the pickings that slim? Trying to judge interest in coaching for Rangers instead of direct contact? :noidea:
Thinking CY has someone in mind that could connect to our new pitching coach. just guessing.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Ken Rosenthal:

Some of the teams considering free-agent outfielder Michael Conforto are concerned about his ability to throw at full strength, citing the surgery he underwent on his right shoulder last April. If Conforto requires time at designated hitter, he might be less attractive to clubs that want more of a full-time outfielder.

Boras, however, said Conforto is throwing at 150 feet, putting him ahead of players who are just starting to get ready for the season. The Rangers, seeking an impact bat in left field, are among the teams with interest, along with the Mets and Blue Jays, major-league sources said.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Ken Rosenthal:

Some of the teams considering free-agent outfielder Michael Conforto are concerned about his ability to throw at full strength, citing the surgery he underwent on his right shoulder last April. If Conforto requires time at designated hitter, he might be less attractive to clubs that want more of a full-time outfielder.

Boras, however, said Conforto is throwing at 150 feet, putting him ahead of players who are just starting to get ready for the season. The Rangers, seeking an impact bat in left field, are among the teams with interest, along with the Mets and Blue Jays, major-league sources said.
Go big or go home. He has pretty decent bat to ball skills which I think play out and do think speed is a premium on the rise

To me the trade market is an addition. Still think unless a serious upgrade without question marks we stand pat in LF. A guy like Cruz one year at DH if you want to spend money makes more sense.
If we can get someone at the break because we are making noise then great

Still not thinking Bubba and Leody in the lineup is not king term. Not enough pop but until then let the competition begin without signing guys who are potentially marginal upgrades

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if the Rangers see something I don’t re Conforto, more power to them. But Boras surely knows how to blow smoke

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@saddles saw Jeff Wilson mentioned Garver much in the mix going forward. What is up with that. He sees a lot of pitches which is good but we have to have a big arm behind the plate.
Where is 1B and DH in all of this?

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go big or go home. He has pretty decent bat to ball skills which I think play out and do think speed is a premium on the rise

To me the trade market is an addition. Still think unless a serious upgrade without question marks we stand pat in LF. A guy like Cruz one year at DH if you want to spend money makes more sense.
If we can get someone at the break because we are making noise then great

Still not thinking Bubba and Leody in the lineup is not king term. Not enough pop but until then let the competition begin without signing guys who are potentially marginal upgrades

I like Confortos OBP too
Something this team needs

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@saddles saw Jeff Wilson mentioned Garver much in the mix going forward. What is up with that. He sees a lot of pitches which is good but we have to have a big arm behind the plate.
Where is 1B and DH in all of this?
If it was up to me I would trade for Gabriel Moreno and let him catch. I would trade both Garver and Heim. I would put Huff at 1B and Lowe at DH. Then find a decent backup catcher who could also backup 1B, or just keep Garver for that backup. Although, when Moreno needed a break, I might go with Huff at catcher and let the backup play 1B. Moreno would cost a lot, but he would be here 6 or 7 years I believe. He isn't a rental by anyone's definition.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh well

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wonder if problem with medicals

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wonder if problem with medicals

lots of speculation on Reddit. a tweet was posted where someone was saying there was an issue with medicals (likely that they hadn't been received yet). seems weird to schedule a press conference before having those in-hand.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sporting News was great too

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a question about who should be opening day pitcher for the Mets and one response was the best pitcher in baseball currently residing in Texas