• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is for starting pitching then yes but otherwise I think not. Especially Otto as I see him as a winning piece in relief if our rotation is stacked

why would we trade starting pitching for starting pitching? especially since we're stacked on starting pitching?

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another reliever is off the board.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would we trade starting pitching for starting pitching? especially since we're stacked on starting pitching?
If we can land a true #2 I would and still looking for a closer

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really hoping when Daniels got fired that that would mean an end to us taking shortcuts to fill out the bullpen. I guess he influenced CY's thinking in that area too much for that to change very quickly.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really hoping when Daniels got fired that that would mean an end to us taking shortcuts to fill out the bullpen. I guess he influenced CY's thinking in that area too much for that to change very quickly.

I’ll wait til Feb 15th before I judge lol

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’ll wait til Feb 15th before I judge lol

Still a lot of names out there, to be fair. And CY has more than earned my trust and patience. But every name that comes off the board does bump up the urgency.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a lot of names out there, to be fair. And CY has more than earned my trust and patience. But every name that comes off the board does bump up the urgency.
It would help me to feel better if we were at least rumored to be interested in a couple of them.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would help me to feel better if we were at least rumored to be interested in a couple of them.

not sure how the Twitterverse is going, but on Reddit, there have been strangely few rumors about any RP's. It's mostly Rodon, Correa, and Senga.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure how the Twitterverse is going, but on Reddit, there have been strangely few rumors about any RP's. It's mostly Rodon, Correa, and Senga.
That's a good point.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still no Heaney on the 40 man.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trades for relief happened with him and this may be the best route now methinks

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This great take from Jeff Wilson:

The latest swipe at deGrom from the New York media comes from Newsweek. Laura Albanese didn't care for his answers to questions from the media, particularly that he wants to win with the Rangers. They won 68 times in 2022 while his former team, the Mets, won 101.

He tarnished his Mets legacy, Albanese wrote. How could he not even consider a Mets counteroffer? He should have said goodbye before being "bailed out by a reporter" about how difficult it is to leave a team (I asked the question).

All the while, though, Albanese said it was deGrom's right to do whatever he wanted and that no Mets fans is going to forget what he did for the franchise (two Cy Young awards, pitching in the 2015 World Series).

There is indeed a dissonance in play here, but it's not on deGrom's end.

New York isn't everyone's cup of tea. For someone to find a comfort level elsewhere and have a desire to be somewhere else is like a slap in the face to some New Yorkers. Steve Cohen's money didn't stack as high this time as another club's, which apparently is unfathomable.

How hard did the Mets really try to keep him? Why weren't they the aggressors? Did they take deGrom coming back for granted?

The reaction is typical New York media. This is simply pandering for clicks and retweets and the affection of Mets (or Yankees, when applicable) fans. I wouldn't have seen it had Buster Olney, who I follow and who also made his mark in New York, not retweeted it.

Imagine what would have happened had Aaron Judge not re-signed with the Yankees. He would have gotten buried.

Instead, deGrom is getting the business from the back pages in New York, where folks find it hard to believe someone might want to be elsewhere.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The latest swipe at deGrom from the New York media comes from Newsweek. Laura Albanese didn't care for his answers to questions from the media, particularly that he wants to win with the Rangers. They won 68 times in 2022 while his former team, the Mets, won 101.

He tarnished his Mets legacy, Albanese wrote. How could he not even consider a Mets counteroffer? He should have said goodbye before being "bailed out by a reporter" about how difficult it is to leave a team (I asked the question).

All the while, though, Albanese said it was deGrom's right to do whatever he wanted and that no Mets fans is going to forget what he did for the franchise (two Cy Young awards, pitching in the 2015 World Series).

New York isn't everyone's cup of tea. For someone to find a comfort level elsewhere and have a desire to be somewhere else is like a slap in the face to some New Yorkers. Steve Cohen's money didn't stack as high this time as another club's, which apparently is unfathomable.

How hard did the Mets really try to keep him? Why weren't they the aggressors? Did they take deGrom coming back for granted?

The reaction is typical New York media. This is simply pandering for clicks and retweets and the affection of Mets (or Yankees, when applicable) fans. I wouldn't have seen it had Buster Olney, who I follow and who also made his mark in New York, not retweeted it.

Imagine what would have happened had Aaron Judge not re-signed with the Yankees. He would have gotten buried.

Instead, deGrom is getting the business from the back pages in New York, where folks find it hard to believe someone might want to be elsewhere.
More motivational fuel. I think this take is quite credible

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trades for relief happened with him and this may be the best route now methinks
Yep, trades can be very costly during the season. JD either converted a starter or traded mid season most of the time. He very rarely saw fit to add a quality bullpen piece via free agency.

That's why Neftali Feliz never was allowed to develop in AAA as a starter. Him and a lot of other guys got converted because the Rangers continually came up short in the pen. With some they tried to reverse courses and convert them to starters again. That mostly failed or ended in an injury. Holland was an exception, at least in the short term.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have seen so many comments from fans (not just Mets fans) who have ripped JdG for saying he wants to win. "If that's true, why did he go to the Rangers?"

It's like people have never seen a franchise build a winning team before. It's so odd and stupid.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Japanese HR champion. He just hit 56 HR, at the ripe old age of 22.

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I was blocked by someone for the first time on Twitter this morning. I guess I have arrived.