• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Evan:

The Rangers may be interviewing managerial candidates. But they are apparently willing to let at least one interview them.

According to a tweet from Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports and The Athletic, Rangers GM Chris Young met with three-time World Series winner Bruce Bochy on Thursday. Young was seen on a flight to Nashville on Wednesday night. Bochy, who managed Young in 2006 in San Diego and later won three World Series with San Francisco, currently lives in Nashville.

Bochy, 67, is widely considered the frontrunner for the job – if he chooses to return from a three-year retirement. It is not clear if Bochy is interested in officially interviewing for the job with the Rangers’ search committee. That is apparently why Young traveled to Nashville.

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Foscue could play 1B well enough to be considered a top tier defensive first baseman?
Or Sam Huff?
We need to get Lowe to the DH spot

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Foscue could play 1B well enough to be considered a top tier defensive first baseman?
Or Sam Huff?
We need to get Lowe to the DH spot
I'll worry about that after we sign Perez. LOL

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll worry about that after we sign Perez. LOL

Man there for a second I was thinking Martin Perez was kind of old.. then realized he’s only 1 year older than I am..
Then realized, I too am getting old lol

I wish we would hurry up and resign him!

On a side note, Kershaw has about 1282 more innings pitched than Perez..about double
I’m thinking Perez ages like fine wine.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man there for a second I was thinking Martin Perez was kind of old.. then realized he’s only 1 year older than I am..
Then realized, I too am getting old lol

I wish we would hurry up and resign him!

On a side note, Kershaw has about 1282 more innings pitched than Perez..about double
I’m thinking Perez ages like fine wine.
I think Perez will be fine physically. He has lived in the edges so much this season. That is his value but if this slips his effectiveness will as well

But he has earned the right for a 3-4 year contract. We talk about locker room presence needed. He surely fills that gap and willingly mentors.

For a 3-4 year contract I would rather have him than Kershaw

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it have to be an either/or situation?
Ha I am not interested in Kershaw even for next season only
Not much rubber left on the tire IMO.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha I am not interested in Kershaw even for next season only
Not much rubber left on the tire IMO.
I wouldn't want to depend on him to be our ticket to the World Series, but a one year contract wouldn't hurt anything. He is especially a good answer for me because it gives a short bridge to get to guys like Winn, White, Kent and others, and it makes Ray Davis happy. Even if he gets hurt during the season it gives us an opportunity to give a guy like Ragans or one of the others an opportunity.

Not that I think we have a chance to sign him. We most likely don't.

Last edited:

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want to depend on him to be our ticket to the World Series, but a one year contract wouldn't hurt anything. He is especially a good answer for me because it gives a short bridge to get to guys like Winn, White, Kent and others, and it makes Ray Davis happy. Even if he gets hurt during the season it gives us an opportunity to give a guy like Ragans or one of the others an opportunity.

Exactly how I feel about the situation

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Kershaw is out for extended times due to injury and we have to go the bullpen route or bring up guys who have not proven ready then that is a fear otherwise a one year contract is fine with me. But from an owners standpoint He might sell tickets

Regardless that is my fear. I want another dependable pitcher besides Perez

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kershaw is out for extended times due to injury and we have to go the bullpen route or bring up guys who have not proven ready then that is a fear otherwise a one year contract is fine with me. But from an owners standpoint He might sell tickets

Regardless that is my fear. I want another dependable pitcher besides Perez
Winn was our only hope of a guy becoming ready when 2022 started. Therefore when he didn't do well we were in a fix. We will have a whole staff in AAA in 2023 to choose from. Also, the flimsy excuses they gave for not letting Burke start games will be gone.

Ragans, Burke, and Cody should all be available and they all have had experience pitching in the big leagues. Winn, himself, has a chance of being ready as well. Bradford and Kent should be in AAA all year. I imagine Englert will find his way there before July as well. So, going into 2023 we will be a lot better equipped to have guys ready to come up so we don't have to have hardly any bullpen games, even without acquiring another "delendable" pitcher

So, you are already counting Gray as not being dependable? If so, then isn't any other guy we acquire capable of becoming as undetectable as Gray. I don't recall anyone not wanting Gray a year ago because of him not being dependable. I didn't even want Gray signed a year ago, but even I don't see him as undependable after one season with some stints on the DL.

I would also submit that I think Otto has proven dependable.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winn was our only hope of a guy becoming ready when 2022 started. Therefore when he didn't do well we were in a fix. We will have a whole staff in AAA in 2023 to choose from. Also, the flimsy excuses they gave for not letting Burke start games will be gone.

Ragans, Burke, and Cody should all be available and they all have had experience pitching in the big leagues. Winn, himself, has a chance of being ready as well. Bradford and Kent should be in AAA all year. I imagine Englert will find his way there before July as well. So, going into 2023 we will be a lot better equipped to have guys ready to come up so we don't have to have hardly any bullpen games, even without acquiring another "delendable" pitcher

So, you are already counting Gray as not being dependable? If so, then isn't any other guy we acquire capable of becoming as undetectable as Gray. I don't recall anyone not wanting Gray a year ago because of him not being dependable. I didn't even want Gray signed a year ago, but even I don't see him as undependable after one season with some stints on the DL.

I would also submit that I think Otto has proven dependable.
No Gray will likely be more dependable this year. I think his arm can hold up better than Kershaw. I am ok mixing and matching at 5. Otto might even be a consistent 4 but bringing in Kershaw does not eat innings at 3

I like Cody and Ragans somewhat but have no idea about the rest. We counted on progress in AAA that did not happen last year so we w t the bullpen route. If Burke becomes a starter then great. Whether that happens or not is pure speculation as well as assessing blame

Just my personal preference for the other arm needed. If they want to get Kershaw and another starter than Perez, that sounds great. Just don’t think they will do that.
Just a personal opinion

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now this one is interesting

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big players even as elite as Judge don’t age as well but maybe at some point he can become a 1B if we empty the vault

Still pitching is lacking immediately so…

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3