• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2021 - 2022 Offseason Thread

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More fuel to the fire but had hoped Crouse could become his remake

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The voice of the owners right on queue

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday was a rough day for draft prospect Chase DeLauter.

"One that was absent for most of the game was redshirt sophomore outfielder Chase DeLauter. In the bottom of the first, DeLauter was hit in the head by a 3-2 pitch. He went down for a few seconds as the ballpark stood in silence. He got up and continued on, scoring off the RBI from Novak later that inning."

"In the top of the second, he collided with the center field wall going after a fly ball. He left the game under his own power. Freshman outfielder Bryce Suters filled in for DeLauter."

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old men talk in generalities l. Sorry if I did not provide enough.

Was not that fired up with keeping Holt and Culbertson. Did not mind them flipping pitchers and Gallo. Glad they traded Elvis and Odor. Don’t mind them picking up a pitcher this year.

To me there is a difference tanking day one vs ASB. Probably stuff I am forgetting but there
It sounds like you have been in agreement with what they did, but would you have liked the rules to have not allowed them to do any of those things?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old men talk in generalities l. Sorry if I did not provide enough.

Was not that fired up with keeping Holt and Culbertson. Did not mind them flipping pitchers and Gallo. Glad they traded Elvis and Odor. Don’t mind them picking up a pitcher this year.

To me there is a difference tanking day one vs ASB. Probably stuff I am forgetting but there
the last few years the Rangers started spring training tanking. actually, as soon as season ended the Rangers were already tanking the next season

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Deadlock I s a hot word that could lead to bad faith negotiation

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my tickets to the April 14 game will be refunded soon. Now I am wondering if I will be able to go to the other game I bought tickets to, in September.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So it does lend itself to the 3 outcome player such as Gallo

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like you have been in agreement with what they did, but would you have liked the rules to have not allowed them to do any of those things?
Overall yes but every team has the right and obligation to play their young players if it is for the overall good of the team

I objected to the Astros fielding a AAA ball club back in the day. Not fair to the genera fans too

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall yes but every team has the right and obligation to play their young players if it is for the overall good of the team

I objected to the Astros fielding a AAA ball club back in the day. Not fair to the genera fans too
If any of these proposed changes had been put into place 5 years ago, do you think any of the bottom 5 or 6 teams would have done anything of substance differently in those 5 years? I don't think it would have made much of a difference myself.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So it does lend itself to the 3 outcome player such as Gallo
I think a combination of getting out of NY and getting rid of the shift will turn Gallo into a perennial all star.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of these proposed changes had been put into place 5 years ago, do you think any of the bottom 5 or 6 teams would have done anything of substance differently in those 5 years? I don't think it would have made much of a difference myself.
Not too much but maybe less 100 loss teams at first glance

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Wilson lists a few players he wants to get a look at in the minor league camp.

Justin Foscue, 2B

No player’s future was effected by the Semien signing as much as Foscue, who was positioned as the second baseman of the future entering November.

Foscue says is willing to play wherever but recognizes that he will have to hit his way to the Rangers’ roster. The belief is he can, with the ability to potentially hit .280 with 30-homer power.

Where will he end up? Third base and left field are the leading candidates. First base could be a possibility, too.

Cody Bradford, LHP

Bradford probably isn’t a sleeper prospect anymore after his solid 2021, and probably should have never been a sleeper.

He was one of the best pitchers in the Big 12 Conference before he needed surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome in 2019, which affected his draft status. Bradford didn’t pitch in 2020 because of the COVID pandemic.

He’s a fastball-changeup pitcher. You know, the kind who for years have given the Rangers trouble.

Yosy Galan, OF

The Arizona Complex League produced some interesting storylines last season, including the prodigious power shown by Galan.

His story is an interesting one, as he didn’t sign until he was 18 and had been playing softball to stay sharp. The Rangers never saw him in person and signed him based on what they watched on video.

Galan is raw. He also turns 21 next month. He needs to get better in many areas, but power and athleticism aren’t among them.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too much but maybe less 100 loss teams at first glance
So you think the changes would have caused them to build slightly better teams? You might be right, but I can't wrap my head around what specifically would have made them do so.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think the changes would have caused them to build slightly better teams? You might be right, but I can't wrap my head around what specifically would have made them do so.

Definitely hard to wrap head around. In principle teams that are penalized for tanking play better

The nut and bolts how to do this are very up in the air including a salary floor that will likely not come into play

No having a lot of Faith other than draft lottery that tanking will be addressed in new CBA

Do really likely much ado about nothing

I wish more emphasis on the quality of the product was more a priority

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely hard to wrap head around. In principle teams that are penalized for tanking play better

The nut and bolts how to do this are very up in the air including a salary floor that will likely not come into play

No having a lot of Faith other than draft lottery that tanking will be addressed in new CBA

Do really likely much ado about nothing

I wish more emphasis on the quality of the product was more a priority
Yeah, I think it is much ado about nothing. When it comes down to it, it is really hard to force a team to make decisions the way someone else wants them to.

I think the best way to improve the overall product is to have better owners, front offices and coaching staffs. That is impossible to accomplish through additional rules and regulations.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think it is much ado about nothing. When it comes down to it, it is really hard to force a team to make decisions the way someone else wants them to.

I think the best way to improve the overall product is to have better owners, front offices and coaching staffs. That is impossible to accomplish through additional rules and regulations.
and how do you accomplish that?