• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2021 - 2022 Offseason Thread

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it was Rule 5 because he stayed in the minors. I saw in another place it was called a waiver claim.

561.svg
December 10, 2020Salt Lake Bees claimed 3B Brendon Davis off waivers from Down East Wood Ducks.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't even borderline. Horrible way to end a marquee game like that.
It really makes the game appear incompetent

Flores looked terrible though

A lot of missed home plate calls too IMO
The pitcher got a lot of borderline strikes even those clearly out of the zone.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really makes the game appear incompetent

Flores looked terrible though

A lot of missed home plate calls too IMO
The pitcher got a lot of borderline strikes even those clearly out of the zone.

Oh yeah, seen a lot of people saying Flores shouldn't have been facing Mad Max in that situation. 0-17 lifetime or some such.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a really bad comparison. Those guys you listed were spread out over several years. Even the best of organizations are going to have that many with various stages of disappointment if you look back over that many years.

Also, several of those guys were never thought of as highly as those first guys I listed.
The majority of those guys were on the 2017 team, very young and expected to be our core.
I may have added 1 or 2 that were not.
But yes, our current prospects are better than those ones we had back then I reckon.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The majority of those guys were on the 2017 team, very young and expected to be our core.
I may have added 1 or 2 that were not.
But yes, our current prospects are better than those ones we had back then I reckon.
By the way, you forgot to include Mike Olt.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it was Rule 5 because he stayed in the minors. I saw in another place it was called a waiver claim.
A good example why trading Garcia now would not be wise this soon. Give another chance to see what we may have in him and not trade off another great one.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good example why trading Garcia now would not be wise this soon. Give another chance to see what we may have in him and not trade off another great one.
I really cannot blame the Rangers for not retaining Davis. He hit .230, .254, and .202 over his 3 years in our system. His sudden, drastic improvement almost never happens.

Adolis, has already improved greatly. He is in a completely different category than Davis was with us already. I am looking forward to seeing how much more he can improve in 2022.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really cannot blame the Rangers for not retaining Davis. He hit .230, .254, and .202 over his 3 years in our system. His sudden, drastic improvement almost never happens.

Adolis, has already improved greatly. He is in a completely different category than Davis was with us already. I am looking forward to seeing how much more he can improve in 2022.
Not blaming the Rangers. Simply making a point concerning Garcia in the fact we may have more than we know and another year to find out is why I do not advise trading him this soon as discussed earlier. Davis is just an example of what might be the case with Adolis I hope.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not blaming the Rangers. Simply making a point concerning Garcia in the fact we may have more than we know and another year to find out is why I do not advise trading him this soon as discussed earlier. Davis is just an example of what might be the case with Adolis I hope.
Not saying you did blame them. Just saying I don't blame them.

Myself, I have never considered trading Adolis. That is why I usually have him penciled in when I mention future lineups.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly how I feel about them not bringing Cruz back.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, seen a lot of people saying Flores shouldn't have been facing Mad Max in that situation. 0-17 lifetime or some such.
Well they say there is no crying in baseball. Joking.

Saw him miss a FB right down the e middle earlier Not a guy who would be first choice in my book

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they say there is no crying in baseball. Joking.

Saw him miss a FB right down the e middle earlier Not a guy who would be first choice in my b

Strange things some mgrs do. Watched a U Tube video where Pete Rose blasted Gallo. He said Ray Charles wouldn't strike out 213 times.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly how I feel about them not bringing Cruz back.
You will have to help me out in how Brendon Davis made you think of Nelson Cruz. The situations were as different as night and day.

Unless, you are referring to when they originally let him go and then later brought him back.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will have to help me out in how Brendon Davis made you think of Nelson Cruz. The situations were as different as night and day.

Unless, you are referring to when they originally let him go and then later brought him back.

"His sudden, drastic improvement almost never happens."

No one could have predicted Cruz would perform the way he has in his post Rangers career. A lot people pointed at that saying that the Rangers were dumb not to bring him back.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"His sudden, drastic improvement almost never happens."

No one could have predicted Cruz would perform the way he has in his post Rangers career. A lot people pointed at that saying that the Rangers were dumb not to bring him back.
Davis' numbers before we released him were pitiful. Nelson Cruz's numbers were great. The Nelson Cruz that we had would have been great to keep if he would have just retained those numbers. That is why I said their situations were night and day.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis' numbers before we released him were pitiful. Nelson Cruz's numbers were great. The Nelson Cruz that we had would have been great to keep if he would have just retained those numbers. That is why I said their situations were night and day.

Yes, the only similarity between the two situations is that the Rangers made the right move at the time based on the assumed future performances of both players.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the only similarity between the two situations is that the Rangers made the right move at the time based on the assumed future performances of both players.
Well, I strongly disagree, but that argument never goes anywhere so I will not go down that road.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say, I didn’t say allow Adolis to be claimed, or not to resign him, Or DFA him or trade for a bucket of balls.

I was asking if there could be a trade worked out that netted us a similar type player. Adolis is a 3.5 WAR player with a cannon and good power.
He could put up similar #s, worse numbers or better numbers. If a team like the Marlins for example wanted a cheap controllable OF and thought adolis had better days ahead and they traded us a very good controllable SP one might say yes? We may have to kick in a couple of others we have depth at and take one more from them that they have depth at.

I personally would entertain the idea if it meant we got back a good return, because imo Adolis will take a step back.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say, I didn’t say allow Adolis to be claimed, or not to resign him, Or DFA him or trade for a bucket of balls.

I was asking if there could be a trade worked out that netted us a similar type player. Adolis is a 3.5 WAR player with a cannon and good power.
He could put up similar #s, worse numbers or better numbers. If a team like the Marlins for example wanted a cheap controllable OF and thought adolis had better days ahead and they traded us a very good controllable SP one might say yes? We may have to kick in a couple of others we have depth at and take one more from them that they have depth at.

I personally would entertain the idea if it meant we got back a good return, because imo Adolis will take a step back.
And another thing.
Adolis strikes out just as much as Gallo. Is older than Gallo. Doesn’t draw any where close to as many walks as Gallo either.
Gallo also has a better track record.

Yet I feel the same people saying they won’t miss Gallo are the same ones so infatuated with Adolis lol