• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2021 - 2022 Offseason Thread

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading what Manfred and Clark are saying the gap between the owners and the Players Association is wider than the Pacific Ocean. this could carry on for months

Manfred is one of the worst dudes to be commissioner in this scenario. Say what you will about Selig, but on some level he was at least a fan of the game.

Manfred is 100% about the dollar, and cares nothing about the game itself.

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would never do that though. Not a single one of those guys is ranked anywhere close to Melendez. Would you trade any of our guys, ranked even as high as Winn, for a package like that? I mean of you wouldn't trade Winn for that package, they certainly wouldn't trade Melendez for it.

Melendez is a great prospect, but if you are going to even try prying him away from the Royals, you are going to have to come up with a package that hurts us a lot more than that.

If I had a player that was stuck behind a player like Salvador Perez, who’s there for awhile, then I would entertain the idea. If I was a small market club looking to get multiple prospects vs an expensive 2 year rental then I would definitely entertain the idea!

I wouldn’t be mad if the Rangers traded Foscue to the Royals for Kyle Isbel (not in top 100), Jon Heasley, Vinny Pasquantino and Jake Brentz.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manfred is one of the worst dudes to be commissioner in this scenario. Say what you will about Selig, but on some level he was at least a fan of the game.

Manfred is 100% about the dollar, and cares nothing about the game itself.

I agree. Never liked Manfred.
He come across as a DB. (Not defensive back)

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just don't feel the love toward Willie that y'all do. i think the DH last name is Calhoun but the 1st is Kole. outfield to me is Suzuki in LF, Adolis in RF with either Taveras or Peters in CF
Btw Peters is not on the roster. I think Willie had more potential bat wise but he has definitely not produced. Him buddying up to Marcus S makes me think he has another year here
Kole looks to be RF

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had a player that was stuck behind a player like Salvador Perez, who’s there for awhile, then I would entertain the idea. If I was a small market club looking to get multiple prospects vs an expensive 2 year rental then I would definitely entertain the idea!

I wouldn’t be mad if the Rangers traded Foscue to the Royals for Kyle Isbel (not in top 100), Jon Heasley, Vinny Pasquantino and Jake Brentz.
I have already heard them talk about Melendez changing positions so that he is not blocked.

Then there is the Fansided article that suggests if the trade him, they should trade him for big league players to help them right now.(sounds familiar doesn't it?)

To me, the always frugal Royals may be more willing to trade Perez in a year or two and keep the cheaper Melendez.

The idea of him being traded on the cheap, relatively speaking, since he is blocked, is the very thing everyone keeps telling me won't happen to our blocked prospects. One of which, is in the deal you gave as an example, with Foscue.

On the one hand, you are indicating that it would be natural for us to have to take lesser players for Foscue because he is blocked, but on the other hand, you think we could have Foscue as the centerpiece for Melendez. Lol

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
royals are greedy for their prospects. It will take a big haul to pry him loose and almost Major league ready. Jung would be in that equation

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have already heard them talk about Melendez changing positions so that he is not blocked.

Then there is the Fansided article that suggests if the trade him, they should trade him for big league players to help them right now.(sounds familiar doesn't it?)

To me, the always frugal Royals may be more willing to trade Perez in a year or two and keep the cheaper Melendez.

The idea of him being traded on the cheap, relatively speaking, since he is blocked, is the very thing everyone keeps telling me won't happen to our blocked prospects. One of which, is in the deal you gave as an example, with Foscue.

On the one hand, you are indicating that it would be natural for us to have to take lesser players for Foscue because he is blocked, but on the other hand, you think we could have Foscue as the centerpiece for Melendez. Lol
Yea a trade of Perez seems quite likely to me before moving Melendez or position change

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about our middle If glut. A great team has ready to go guys due to injury. We need a guy who can perform and likely in AAA due to injury insurance . Come playoffs you get him in more for rest days etc.

Let’s not start trading our prospects just yet unless the haul is impressive

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read where the rule 5 minor league draft is still in though. But yes this lockout really does leave a bad taste. Trying to figure out what changes I think are needed (as If it matters)

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea a trade of Perez seems quite likely to me before moving Melendez or position change

I thought about them trading Perez too, but his extension is just beginning. He’s a fan favorite and he played well at the Major league level.
Melendez had a breakout year, maybe the Royals sell high on him, he could come back to earth? Moving him to another position would decrease his value I would think. If they keep him, value might not matter you would think, but if they moved him to RF and he became avg they would kick themselves for not trading him at his peak value as a catcher. An OF that can hit .255 with 30 HRs isn’t too impressive…
Or is it??
Adolis Garcia, Brett Martin, Glenn Otto and Hauver for MJ Melendez? Lol

Look guys, there’s got to be a way we can pry him away from the Royals.
I’m hoping CY gets it done.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about our middle If glut. A great team has ready to go guys due to injury. We need a guy who can perform and likely in AAA due to injury insurance . Come playoffs you get him in more for rest days etc.

Let’s not start trading our prospects just yet unless the haul is impressive
If they get to AAA and are performing really well, like Jung did last year, they would be more valuable in trade than for insurance purposes, don't you think. That is, unless your team has no needs in the lineup, the rotation, or the pen.

To me I am hoping they can find a place for two or three of them, maybe four of them if Wendzel becomes the utility guy. Then, we can trade the rest if they turn into good trade chips. I am not as big on Acuna as some are. Acosta hasn't shown yet what he could become, if much. I have no faith in Cauley at all.

If they can only convert one of Foscue, Smith or Duran to another position, then I have no problem trading the others.

I think guys like Wendzel, Dorrow, and Ibanez can do an adequate job of being bench players and stepping in if we need them to play an extended period.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty good summary of issues at hamd

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about them trading Perez too, but his extension is just beginning. He’s a fan favorite and he played well at the Major league level.
Melendez had a breakout year, maybe the Royals sell high on him, he could come back to earth? Moving him to another position would decrease his value I would think. If they keep him, value might not matter you would think, but if they moved him to RF and he became avg they would kick themselves for not trading him at his peak value as a catcher. An OF that can hit .255 with 30 HRs isn’t too impressive…
Or is it??
Adolis Garcia, Brett Martin, Glenn Otto and Hauver for MJ Melendez? Lol

Look guys, there’s got to be a way we can pry him away from the Royals.
I’m hoping CY gets it done.
I don't think Vanasco, Foscue, and Duran gets it done.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a fan favorite and he played well at the Major league level.
You just described Michael Young right before we traded him.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they get to AAA and are performing really well, like Jung did last year, they would be more valuable in trade than for insurance purposes, don't you think. That is, unless your team has no needs in the lineup, the rotation, or the pen.

To me I am hoping they can find a place for two or three of them, maybe four of them if Wendzel becomes the utility guy. Then, we can trade the rest if they turn into good trade chips. I am not as big on Acuna as some are. Acosta hasn't shown yet what he could become, if much. I have no faith in Cauley at all.

If they can only convert one of Foscue, Smith or Duran to another position, then I have no problem trading the others.

I think guys like Wendzel, Dorrow, and Ibanez can do an adequate job of being bench players and stepping in if we need them to play an extended period.
Yes I think Wendzel has a future here especially pending IKF trade or he waits

I still like one versatile guy in the minors you can bring up to fill in to start. That might be Foscue
Obviously anyone is traceable. I just think that even with guys like our new MIF we need someone in the wings MLB ready

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry @DTC Thinking lockout will stunt the trade market

Kelleyman