• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2021 - 2022 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get rid of revenue sharing like the players want and let the less affluent teams flounder until the players and owners have to face facts and admit what the best answer is.

I understand not spending when in a rebuild for 2 or 3 years. It is the teams that can't spend, and not the ones who choose not to spend, temporarily, that are the problem. Those teams need to be sold, moved or contracted. That is the best answer.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well MY had regressed a tad lol
The bar was someone who was a fan favorite and played well at the Major league level. Was that a fair way to describe MY? He had an off year before we traded him, but we came very close to trading him a earlier after he had had a really good year. He was so upset when we signed Beltre that we pursued a trade and I think cooler heads prevailed, but it was certainly a real enough possibility. I think it shows that sometimes teams trade fan favorites who do well.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I think Wendzel has a future here especially pending IKF trade or he waits

I still like one versatile guy in the minors you can bring up to fill in to start. That might be Foscue
Obviously anyone is traceable. I just think that even with guys like our new MIF we need someone in the wings MLB ready
Well we can have at least one guy in the upper levels like Ibanez. Later it will be someone else. Right now none of those top prospects are ready for that so whatever the plan is for 2022, a similar plan can be used later.

Also, if they do convert a couple of those guys to OF, then you could have your emergency MIF in the OF. Then you would need an emergency outfielder like Crim, Carter, Hauver, Zavala, or Morrobel to come up.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SeagerSemien22_MLBPA_BreakingT_shirt.jpg

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just described Michael Young right before we traded him.

Seriously @saddles ? Lol
Not even remotely close other than the fan favorite part

Perez is coming off one of the best seasons by a catcher in MLB history and He’s about to start a 4-5 year extension.

MY was 1 year from finishing his contract and had one of the lowest OPS (.600s) of any starter lol.

Far from the same case.. far.. like really far

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously @saddles ? Lol
Not even remotely close other than the fan favorite part

Perez is coming off one of the best seasons by a catcher in MLB history and He’s about to start a 4-5 year extension.

MY was 1 year from finishing his contract and had one of the lowest OPS (.600s) of any starter lol.

Far from the same case.. far.. like really far
Like I previously said, they almost traded him after he had a really good season in 2010. They got close enough then to show it can happen.

Besides, others have mentioned the possibility of trading Perez too, it isn't jist me.

Either way, you aren't going to get a great prospect like Melendez for a quantity over quality package.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we can have at least one guy in the upper levels like Ibanez. Later it will be someone else. Right now none of those top prospects are ready for that so whatever the plan is for 2022, a similar plan can be used later.

Also, if they do convert a couple of those guys to OF, then you could have your emergency MIF in the OF. Then you would need an emergency outfielder like Crim, Carter, Hauver, Zavala, or Morrobel to come up.
I think Ibanez makes the MLB roster. Bat played out fine and does not need the playing time some of the guys in the minors do

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ibanez makes the MLB roster. Bat played out fine and does not need the playing time some of the guys in the minors do

Ibanez definitely makes an mlb roster
Wether or not it’s with the Rangers or with another team through a trade is yet TBD.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I previously said, they almost traded him after he had a really good season in 2010. They got close enough then to show it can happen.

Besides, others have mentioned the possibility of trading Perez too, it isn't jist me.

Either way, you aren't going to get a great prospect like Melendez for a quantity over quality package.

Well how do you suppose we get him without trading from our top 3?

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does everyone hope the Rangers do over the next few months before the season begins?

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m hoping the Royals “sell high” on him and we can somehow come away with him.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aight then, have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

haha, I'm not leaving the board, I'm just saying that we can't really hypothesize about moves when moves are literally not allowed at the moment.

personally speaking, I don't want them trading for anyone this offseason. no trades, only FA's.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha, I'm not leaving the board, I'm just saying that we can't really hypothesize about moves when moves are literally not allowed at the moment.

personally speaking, I don't want them trading for anyone this offseason. no trades, only FA's.

Yeah, I don’t necessarily want to take away from the future either, but there’s only so much room on the 40 man roster and I don’t want to run into a problem where there’s no room to add and other teams won’t trade with us next off season because they know some guys will be left off the roster any way.
Also we do have a bit of a logjam of very talented players. We either trade MLB depth or prospects.
I’m all about trading 1 mlb player and 2 prospects in two separate trades.
6 players total. 2 mlb guys and 4 prospects.
To help us fill 2 of our 3 holes.
I believe we need 1 OF, 1 C and 1 SP.
I would like to add one spot via FA.

In a perfect world. Sign Seiya Suzuki, trade for MJ Melendez and then trade for a Yankees young SP or a Reds SP.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well how do you suppose we get him without trading from our top 3?
I don't think we do. It would be like getting Seager for $25 million AAV. It is a pipe dream. At least, that is how I see it.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does everyone hope the Rangers do over the next few months before the season begins?
Don't trade for Sonny Gray. Sign Suzuki and Kershaw. Don't trade for Sonny Gray. Start working out Duran and Smith in the OF. Finally, don't trade for Sonny Gray.

• Haha

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can't really hypothesize about moves when moves are literally not allowed at the moment.
Lol. We talked about signing a SS well before we could actually do so. I think I was talking about it a year ago.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is.no super hurry to stock our roster with no SP just yet. Can’t go no where without it. Have to wait on our young guys