• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2020-2021 Offseason Thread

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking he was not set to start although I knew Pads were still pursuing him. Money is tight for others like Os who are trying to dump money.
Maybe Profar becomes a true super utility player. Glad he got a payday. This might be their year. Still think he has that clutch gene

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would have hoped JD and Young could find some way to unload Odor even if it entailed eating 50-60% of his remaining contract. that alone would make for a good off-season.
Bet it would take more than that. Wonder if they move Guzman who is swinging bat well and put on weight. We shall see

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would have hoped JD and Young could find some way to unload Odor even if it entailed eating 50-60% of his remaining contract. that alone would make for a good off-season.
So he is the only one?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet it would take more than that. Wonder if they move Guzman who is swinging bat well and put on weight. We shall see
As long as he is on the bench, I am fine with it. He isn't blocking anyone there.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe Young could coax the Redsox into picking up Odor. They’re looking for a lefty bat.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at this point the only trade that we might make, that would impact us when it really matters, would be a Gallo trade. It doesn't look like we are going to pull off a big sign and trade where we give a good player a one year deal and then trade him at the deadline. Therefore, trading Joey might be the only thing left that could make much of a difference.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at this point the only trade that we might make, that would impact us when it really matters, would be a Gallo trade. It doesn't look like we are going to pull off a big sign and trade where we give a good player a one year deal and then trade him at the deadline. Therefore, trading Joey might be the only thing left that could make much of a difference.
i just don't know of any GOOD players that would sign just a 1 year knowing they get traded at the deadline. anyone we sign is going to be virtually worthless except they will take a roster spot from one of the kids that we should be watching. any real options consist of trading some of our assets that include Gallo, Andrus, Leclerc, Guzman and yes even Odor.

Last edited:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just don't know of any GOOD players that would sign just a 1 year knowing they get traded at the deadline. anyone we sign is going to be virtually worthless except they will take a roster spot from one of the kids that we should be watching. any real options consist of trading some of our assets that include Gallo, Andrus, Leclerc, Guzman and yes even Odor.
oh i forgot Kyle Gibson and Jordan Lyles. hopefully we can unload them at least by the training deadline

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they get paid and then know they’re going to a playoff (hopeful) team mid year why wouldn’t they want to sign? It would allow them to try again next off-season when the market is a little healthier.
The Braves were reportedly trying to get Liam Hendricks before he signed with the whitesox.
They need a Corner Outfielder
They also need a 2nd catcher.
I wonder what Gallo, Leclerc and Trevino could net in trade with the Braves..

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy Stokes was DFA by the pirates today after they acquired 4 prospects for Taillon.
This is a guy the Rangers should look into. High OBP guy with enough pop and speed to be a 20/20 player with a .345 OBP. Still kind of young. With his speed and high OBP he could be a valuable player.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy Stokes was DFA by the pirates today after they acquired 4 prospects for Taillon.
This is a guy the Rangers should look into. High OBP guy with enough pop and speed to be a 20/20 player with a .345 OBP. Still kind of young. With his speed and high OBP he could be a valuable player.

I would pass on him myself.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they get paid and then know they’re going to a playoff (hopeful) team mid year why wouldn’t they want to sign? It would allow them to try again next off-season when the market is a little healthier.
The Braves were reportedly trying to get Liam Hendricks before he signed with the whitesox.
They need a Corner Outfielder
They also need a 2nd catcher.
I wonder what Gallo, Leclerc and Trevino could net in trade with the Braves..
we've seen the quality of the FA's we've signed and the return we got. i would rather see us play our kids and give them a chance rather than another Frazier or Chirinos etc. i would rather see the use of trades of certain assets for more assets some of which might bring more at the trade deadline

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we've seen the quality of the FA's we've signed and the return we got. i would rather see us play our kids and give them a chance rather than another Frazier or Chirinos etc. i would rather see the use of trades of certain assets for more assets some of which might bring more at the trade deadline
Frazier and Chirinos would not fit into the category that he was talking about.

About the only opening we have now is at 3B and there are not any free agents at that position that fit into the category either. So, it does not appear that that tactic is one that could be used even if the Rangers wanted to.

Now, if they trade Gallo sometime very soon, that could open up a spot for a sign and trade scenario.

I think it is safe to say that the Rangers are not going that route this offseason.

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Frazier, Kyle Cody had very good things to say about Frazier encouraging him this past season. That kind of thing may be enough for the Rangers to consider bringing him in to fill in at 3B until Jung is ready.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a Newberg article today, the idea was floated that Lowe could move to 3B while Guzman plays 1B, to allow both to start.

That might be the best thing for the organization until they can see if Guzman's breakout winter translates to a breakout MLB season.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a Newberg article today, the idea was floated that Lowe could move to 3B while Guzman plays 1B, to allow both to start.

That might be the best thing for the organization until they can see if Guzman's breakout winter translates to a breakout MLB season.
That definitely sounds like a better idea than picking up Frazier. We really do need to see what Guzman has this year and let it play out. Don't start him and then sit him but just let him play so we can be sure of what we have.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That definitely sounds like a better idea than picking up Frazier. We really do need to see what Guzman has this year and let it play out. Don't start him and then sit him but just let him play so we can be sure of what we have.
Could not agree more. We have nothing to lose and possibly lots to gain. Let it play out.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3