• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2020-2021 Offseason Thread

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"The other news of the world this week of significance to the future Rangers was the release of Baseball America’s annual top 100 prospect list. Good news for the Rangers: They have a top 50 prospect in third baseman Josh Jung, who zoomed up to No. 49. Bad news: Seattle has three in outfielders Julio Rodriguez (No. 3), Jarred Kelenic (No. 4) and pitcher Logan Gilbert (No. 35). Worse: The Mariners have two more in the top 100; the Rangers none. Worse yet: Add that to 2020 AL Rookie of the Year outfielder Kyle Lewis."

"The Mariners, who finished two games behind Houston in the shortened 2020 season, loom as the next great power in the West."

"In the upside-down world of rebuilding in which the Rangers currently find themselves, the present is irrelevant. It’s the future that matters. So, in the Rangers world, it’s not the departure of George Springer that was news this week, but the impending arrival of waves of Mariners."

Last edited:
Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"The other news of the world this week of significance to the future Rangers was the release of Baseball America’s annual top 100 prospect list. Good news for the Rangers: They have a top 50 prospect in third baseman Josh Jung, who zoomed up to No. 49. Bad news: Seattle has three in outfielders Julio Rodriguez (No. 3), Jarred Kelenic (No. 4) and pitcher Logan Gilbert (No. 35). Worse: The Mariners have two more in the top 100; the Rangers none. Worse yet: Add that to 2020 AL Rookie of the Year outfielder Kyle Lewis."

"The Mariners, who finished two games behind Houston in the shortened 2020 season, loom as the next great power in the West."

"In the upside-down world of rebuilding in which the Rangers currently find themselves, the present is irrelevant. It’s the future that matters. So, in the Rangers world, it’s not the departure of George Springer that was news this week, but the impending arrival of waves of Mariners."

The Mariners do have a great farm system. They have 6 in the top 100. 2 acquired by trade.
Austin Nola (Taylor Trammel) and the other (Kelenic) in the Cano Trade.
Hopefully the Rangers can get something for Gallo, Leclerc and possibly one of our young bullpen arms who seem like they are going to be great but who could falter.. J Hernandez or Demarcus Evans.
Could they find someone to sign for 3-4 years with a front loader contract that they could trade a year later for a prospect who will be close to the big leagues?
Like Marcel Ozuna to a 4 year $75 mil with $25 the first year and $20 mil the 2nd.. so whoever trade for him won’t have to pay as much.
Or even picking up a guy like Renato Nunez and helping him have a bad ass 1st year with us then flip him and his 3 years of team control left at arbitration cost.
And or sign a couple of the bullpen arms who seem to be good..slightly front load.. trade current bullpen arms.. then trade the guys you sign now during the dead line in July.

Last edited:

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Rosenthal and Alex Colome would be 2 good options to pick up. 2 year deals with 1st year paying more. It would take 2 more guys off the market too which would theoretically increase trade value of our current arms.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball Prospectus has Taveras at 37 and Jung at 70. They also have Solak at 74 and his position is listed simply as "hitter."

Some services would not include Solak for consideration with all of his big league experience. I know Jamey Newberg isn't including several. Jamey doesn't include Taveras, Cody, Kohei Arihara, Joe Palumbo, Eli White, Anderson Tejeda, Wes Benjamin, John King and Brock Burke for consideration.

Last edited:

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball Prospectus has Taveras at 37 and Jung at 70. They also have Solak at 74 and his position is listed simply as "hitter."

Some services would not include Solak for consideration with all of his big league experience. I know Jamey Newberg isn't including several. Jamey doesn't include Taveras, Cody, Kohei Arihara, Joe Palumbo, Eli White, Anderson Tejeda, Wes Benjamin, John King and Brock Burke for consideration.

That’s true.
I’m not sure if you’re comparing the Mariners talent to ours or not. But I will say the Mariners have a lot of guys not listed either
Justus Sheffield, Justin Dunn, Nick Margevicius,
Kyle Lewis, Evan White, Jake Fraley or Ty France

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s true.
I’m not sure if you’re comparing the Mariners talent to ours or not. But I will say the Mariners have a lot of guys not listed either
Justus Sheffield, Justin Dunn, Nick Margevicius,
Kyle Lewis, Evan White, Jake Fraley or Ty France
The Mariners comparison was on another post. This one that you conmented on wasn't about them.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fell in love with the game of baseball by reading two books in second or third grade. Both were biographies. One was about Lou Gehrig and the other was about Babe Ruth. Babe became this little boy's hero and Gehrig was not far behind, in my eyes.

Therefore, when Hank Aaron was on the verge of breaking Babe Ruth's all-time home run record, I was not very happy about it. As an eleven-year-old boy, I was saddened when Babe's record was eclipsed. As I grew older and learned more about Hank, I learned to appreciate him more and more. Now, I am saddened by his passing. We need more men like Hank Aaron in sports today.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we are getting closer to ST and i'm becoming more pessimistic about us seeing certain players being moved to make room for our younger players

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we are getting closer to ST and i'm becoming more pessimistic about us seeing certain players being moved to make room for our younger players
Besides the two that are unmoveable, who would you like to see moved?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the two that are unmoveable, who would you like to see moved?
i would have hoped JD and Young could find some way to unload Odor even if it entailed eating 50-60% of his remaining contract. that alone would make for a good off-season.