• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2020-2021 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is kind of embarrassing to be rebuilding for a couple of years and only have one guy in the top 100.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is kind of embarrassing to be rebuilding for a couple of years and only have one guy in the top 100.
You and I both know that you have to take these rankings with a grain of salt. And you can't measure what is inside the player and their growth and ability to handle themselves once they make it to the MLB level. Some guys are just late bloomers. I mean how many top 100 guys have been complete busts?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I both know that you have to take these rankings with a grain of salt. And you can't measure what is inside the player and their growth and ability to handle themselves once they make it to the MLB level. Some guys are just late bloomers. I mean how many top 100 guys have been complete busts?
Well stated.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are certainly not 100% accurate. I do think if you look at the different lists, that you can get a pretty good idea of how good your system is currently.

At this point I think we should have a couple of guys in the top 50 and another one maybe in the top 60 or 70.

It is funny that a few days ago when I questioned how BA had our top 10 prospects ranked, someone reminded me that the "experts" might know more than us. Now, when I show that I have some trust in their overall analysis, I am reminded of how they could be very wrong. Lol

I do think BA is measuring what is inside of Jung. How he handled himself and his outlook are the biggest reasons he has shot up in some analysts' eyes. Apparently, BA is in that camp. I would have had Jung behind Huff, just based on production thus far.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are certainly not 100% accurate. I do think if you look at the different lists, that you can get a pretty good idea of how good your system is currently.

At this point I think we should have a couple of guys in the top 50 and another one maybe in the top 60 or 70.

It is funny that a few days ago when I questioned how BA had our top 10 prospects ranked, someone reminded me that the "experts" might know more than us. Now, when I show that I have some trust in their overall analysis, I am reminded of how they could be very wrong. Lol

I do think BA is measuring what is inside of Jung. How he handled himself and his outlook are the biggest reasons he has shot up in some analysts' eyes. Apparently, BA is in that camp. I would have had Jung behind Huff, just based on production thus far.
I agree on that 100%. I was really surprised at how well Huff did in his short stint.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think this year prospect list is a shot in the dark since there was for all purposes no minor league ball minus team taxi squads. How did they evaluate? I am neither discouraged or encouraged by the list

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think this year prospect list is a shot in the dark since there was for all purposes no minor league ball minus team taxi squads. How did they evaluate? I am neither discouraged or encouraged by the list
Jung fared well because of his work in the alternate site and by his approach and makeup. They also had some fall workouts for some of the guys.

I think we all feel better about Jung and Huff than we did a year ago. Are our improved feelings about them a shot in the dark?

Would the list look differently with a full season of 2020 numbers? Of course, it would. But then, last year's prospect list didn't have 2020 numbers to go by either.

There might be much more movement in this list and the next one compared to the movement between other consecutive lists, but I am not sure it is fair, or accurate, to label it as "a shot in the dark."

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jung fared well because of his work in the alternate site and by his approach and makeup. They also had some fall workouts for some of the guys.

I think we all feel better about Jung and Huff than we did a year ago. Are our improved feelings about them a shot in the dark?

Would the list look differently with a full season of 2020 numbers? Of course, it would. But then, last year's prospect list didn't have 2020 numbers to go by either.

There might be much more movement in this list and the next one compared to the movement between other consecutive lists, but I am not sure it is fair, or accurate, to label it as "a shot in the dark."
But of course you think my assessment is less than adequate.
But it is reasonable to assess there has been less capability for players to progress and less opportunities to make intelligent assessment. You are entitled to your opinion. Thank you

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know if they are going to stay with 3 batter minimum

I guess we will have to see what Theo Epstein thinks about that. I think it stays.
Theo is about to analyze what makes the fans happy.. not necessarily what helps a team.. but what drives more excitement and more plays and faster pace games.
I think he will want to possibly ban the shift?and keep with the 3 batter minimum.
Shrink the strike zone..universal DH. Etc
Maybe Lower the mound to 8 inches..

Last edited:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will have to see what Theo Epstein thinks about that. I think it stays.
Theo is about to analyze what makes the fans happy.. not necessarily what helps a team.. but what drives more excitement and more plays and faster pace games.
I think he will want to possibly ban the shift?and keep with the 3 batter minimum.
What about the special extra inning set up with starting the inning with a runner on 2nd?

and reducing doubleheader games to 7 innings

Reactions: DTC

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ma
Manfred perhaps? I don’t like the 3 batter minimum. Replays are too long. Bet commercials extend game. Limit September call ups. But I guess it is entertainment so things change

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know if they are going to stay with 3 batter minimum
That was going to be a new rule for over a year prior to Covid, do I imagine it stays. I hope it does. I have been wanting something similar for several years now. I hate changing pitchers every batter.