• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2020-2021 Offseason Thread

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem from me but Calhoun might......D/H
3B just needs to be a Frazier type. Not familiar with Andujar
One thought is Jake Lamb a LHB at 3B and platoon with Elvis

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys when we bring people in we also have to send people out. That is why it is hard for me to know what deals to make. Example: 1.You want to bring in a DH, no problem, then we have to do something with Calhoun. 2. Why bring in a CF when Gallo is fine there and Solak can play RF if needed. 3. We may not see Gallo much longer so we may want to get another RF. Just food for thought. 4. A 3B can be anyone on the cheap since we are not playing for anything rather rebuilding and evaluating and we don't know if FO wants a FA or bringing up Jung.
For every action there is a equal reaction.
This is why I do t think we will add a catcher. We will have to place a young guy on waivers to add a rental. 3B is a mystery. Guess we could outright Odor to make room I just think we will have to I get through ST to see that potentially happening

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I do t think we will add a catcher. We will have to place a young guy on waivers to add a rental. 3B is a mystery. Guess we could outright Odor to make room I just think we will have to I get through ST to see that potentially happening
We need to outright him b/c he cost the same either way. The way we could use him will be spotty and then it is not by choice but rather forced to.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys when we bring people in we also have to send people out. That is why it is hard for me to know what deals to make. Example: 1.You want to bring in a DH, no problem, then we have to do something with Calhoun. 2. Why bring in a CF when Gallo is fine there and Solak can play RF if needed. 3. We may not see Gallo much longer so we may want to get another RF. Just food for thought. 4. A 3B can be anyone on the cheap since we are not playing for anything rather rebuilding and evaluating and we don't know if FO wants a FA or bringing up Jung.
For every action there is a equal reaction.

Yeah I get that..
Guys like Eli White and Ronald Guzman..
Honestly if they’re bench players I want a little more versatility than Guzman.. and I honestly don’t know how to feel about Eli White..
But I wouldn’t feel too bad if either one was dropped or traded

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I get that..
Guys like Eli White and Ronald Guzman..
Honestly if they’re bench players I want a little more versatility than Guzman.. and I honestly don’t know how to feel about Eli White..
But I wouldn’t feel too bad if either one was dropped or traded
We will all have a better feeling where we're going when FO makes some moves. Can't do much til then. As for White and Guzman, probably won't be around for much longer. Guessing.

Reactions: DTC

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thought is Jake Lamb a LHB at 3B and platoon with Elvis
Good point. Elvis has to fit some where.
I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing it but JD got this team in a horrible mess.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. Elvis has to fit some where.
I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing it but JD got this team in a horrible mess.
I for one am tired of hearing it. Just saying

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Click on a team and you can sort them by OPS.
The best players on each team are former players from here. They’re tearing it up way more than Ha-seong Kim and they couldn’t cut it here.
Yet Kim is supposed to get a 5 year $40 mil deal.
I can’t help but feel like he maybe over rated.
I never looked into this before but pretty shocking.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sweating a low cost contract for a Japanese non elite pitcher for only 2 years given the attrition of pitching. Lynn ate a lot of innings and that void needs to be filled. If we have so much major league ready pitching do a 6 man rotation lol. Rather have guys develop in the minors. However Wes B and Cody could handle MLB IMO. Palumbo health been an issue Allard looked bad
Don’t think pitchers being blocked is and issue but if it becomes one we can trade one of the vets
It is definitely nothing to sweat about. There are a lot of things I don't agree with that I don't sweat. There are also things I agree with that I don't jump up and down for joy over as well.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong but I don’t see him costing much this off-season.
What about Jonathan Villar?
Would rather have Marwin though
The budget is so low for this team that a one year contract won't harm anything no matter how much it is for. It isn't like if we spend for Marwin that we won't have anything left for a final piece.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Rangers fans curious about Kohei Arihara, Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News suggests that Colby Lewis could be a decent comp for the newly-signed right-hander in terms of eating innings and a similar ability to record outs without the help of a big fastball. The Rangers would certainly be more than pleased if Arihara were to duplicate Lewis’ numbers (4.27 ERA and an average of 166 innings per year) from 2010-16, and GM Chris Young told Grant and other reporters that the team was hopes Arihara can “stabilize the rotation” in terms of covering innings, at the very least.
Lol at Evan. Let's just tap the brakes on thinking he can be another Colby.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not including Odor, there are five guys on the 40 man that we could jettison without hurting the team. So, we have room to add guys.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not including Odor, there are five guys on the 40 man that we could jettison without hurting the team. So, we have room to add guys.
Herget, Gatto, Aramis Garcia, Adolis garcia and White come to mind

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F
Lol. I imagine you are going to keep hearing it as long as he is in charge here.
Fair game Just as it is to mention my distaste for the moaning and groaning diatribe. All good

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now who is this? Of course we can upgrade. Just don’t see us doing it at catcher except maybe end of ST. Not going to roster 5 catchers
We have one OF too many and have gone back and forth with Herget. Not going to give up the LAD rule 5 guy. So 3 are expendable pending upgrade but why upgrade OF?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now who is this? Of course we can upgrade. Just don’t see us doing it at catcher except maybe end of ST. Not going to roster 5 catchers
We have one OF too many and have gone back and forth with Herget. Not going to give up the LAD rule 5 guy. So 3 are expendable pending upgrade but why upgrade OF?
Where did five catchers come from. I think three depending on what they do with Huff. Don't know why we upgrade OF either. Guess we will know a little later as moves begin to happen.
Will be interesting what we will do with Andrus and Odor.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, Guzman has no place on this team because he only plays 1B. I think he is as good as gone already.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, Guzman has no place on this team because he only plays 1B. I think he is as good as gone already.
I agree but what a shame to be so talented on defense and nothing on offense