• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas culture change.....

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It simple math which I showed to help the A&M fans, so you all could follow. Kick off does not mean giving up a possession.

It's my opinion that kicking off twice without following a score does indeed give up a possession.

If the coin flip was no big deal (no impact), then why did Charlie Strong show disappointment about it on the sideline?

Please explain and help us all understand. I'll even start it out for you.

Charlie Strong was wrong to be unhappy with the coin-flip, because............................................

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started with SCar, which is tougher than anything you play...for starters. .

BYU *and* UCLA are both better than SCAR... ask SCAR's coach.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already agreed with you Coda. It was a brilliant strategic move. However, I think you guys wasted it. Should have saved it for the OU game. Now that you have shown it, Stoops will be working on a way to counter it. If Texas would have saved it, you could have caught OU by surprise.

Sarcasm font mf'er.

USE IT!!!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas will be ok, they just need a dynamic QB, that's what is required in this conference. I have a hard time believing that between Strong (Teddy B) and HS football in Texas that they wont have theirs sooner rather than later.

If they DON'T, then....well....Looks like we gonna have to kick em out of the conference like we did Temple back in the BigEast days...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the one overrating my conference (I don't make the rankings) and BYU was not ranked when Texas played them.

Look, the last 3 weeks have bored the hell out of me watching Aggie football, but I don't make the schedule and I know there a plenty of quality opponents in the near future for the Aggies.

Before you go talking trash about scheduling Rice OOC "by choice".....you may want to see if they are on your schedule next year.

A&M's ooc schedule is Bayloresque and shameful.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has played two ranked teams already in OOC. Aggie's OOC schedule was Rice, SMU, Lamar High School and ULM; that is by choice. Also, stop overrating the hell out of your conference.....

He's also forgetting that North Texas, which Texas beat 38-7, beat SMU 43-6. ... and his school beat SMU 58-6.

Both Rice and SMU are winless, while UCLA and BYU are undefeated.

Facts escape these types of fans.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's my opinion that kicking off twice without following a score does indeed give up a possession.

If the coin flip was no big deal (no impact), then why did Charlie Strong show disappointment about it on the sideline?

Please explain and help us all understand. I'll even start it out for you.

Charlie Strong was wrong to be unhappy with the coin-flip, because............................................

Try it out. Odds of UCLA getting 2 extra passions is 25% (50*50). Odds of even possessions in both halves is 25% (50*50). 50% chance of 1 more possession for UCLA. Pretty simple math, but you keep sticking to your opinion. Like I said it increase the odds, but it does not guarantee an extra possession.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also forgetting that North Texas, which Texas beat 38-7, beat SMU 43-6. ... and his school beat SMU 58-6.

SMU has only scored one touchdown this season, and that was basically a hail mary as time expired :laugh3:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M's ooc schedule is Bayloresque and shameful.

and now that we have changed conferences and gave up our good OOC's, we are getting them back.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Playing Texas is a great way to go undefeated. Playing A&M is a great way to get a loss. Funny how that works.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try it out. Odds of UCLA getting 2 extra passions is 25% (50*50). Odds of even possessions in both halves is 25% (50*50). 50% chance of 1 more possession for UCLA. Pretty simple math, but you keep sticking to your opinion. Like I said it increase the odds, but it does not guarantee an extra possession.

There was a question that you avoided in my post.

I'll ask it once again.

If the coin flip was no big deal and had no effect on the # of possessions, the why was Charlie Strong so disappointed in the outcome? On the sideline he was clearly unhappy with the result.

I'll start your answer for you.

Charlie Strong was wrong to be unhappy with the result of the coin flip because.......

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you getting those percentages from? They sound like you just made them up. Time of possession and other factors make it so you can't just say that it's 50/50.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a question that you avoided in my post.

I'll ask it once again.

If the coin flip was no big deal and had no effect on the # of possessions, the why was Charlie Strong so disappointed in the outcome? On the sideline he was clearly unhappy with the result.

I'll start your answer for you.

Charlie Strong was wrong to be unhappy with the result of the coin flip because.......

You came in claiming that kickoff twice gives the opponent an extra possession. I proved that to be incorrect. Your other BS to deflect from actual numbers doesnt concern me. When you can prove your assertion that Kickoff twice gives a team an extra possession with certainty get back to me. If not, you can just crawl back to a Nebraska thread.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to understand that to these guise, OU was successful last year only because they benefited from lucky bounces on fumbles.

For realz. Ask 'em.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you getting those percentages from? They sound like you just made them up. Time of possession and other factors make it so you can't just say that it's 50/50.

doesnt matter if it is 50/50, 55/50, or 60/40, you will get it to be a certainty. Other factors like muffed kicks actually work against your position.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm reading from Longhorn fans is that it was no big deal and that it did not impact number of possessions.

Why was the mastermind Charlie Strong disappointed then?

There has to be another reason for Charlie's demeanor, so let's hear it.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the one overrating my conference (I don't make the rankings) and BYU was not ranked when Texas played them.

Look, the last 3 weeks have bored the hell out of me watching Aggie football, but I don't make the schedule and I know there a plenty of quality opponents in the near future for the Aggies.

Before you go talking trash about scheduling Rice OOC "by choice".....you may want to see if they are on your schedule next year.

Ummm yeah, we also play at South Bend and then get Cal at home. I noticed how you left those two out.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You came in claiming that kickoff twice gives the opponent an extra possession. I proved that to be incorrect. Your other BS to deflect from actual numbers doesnt concern me. When you can prove your assertion that Kickoff twice gives a team an extra possession with certainty get back to me. If not, you can just crawl back to a Nebraska thread.

hahahaha

You fail.

Answer the question.

Why was Strong upset with the outcome?

There has to be a reason.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahaha

You fail.

Answer the question.

Why was Strong upset with the outcome?

There has to be a reason.
I have already answered that and proved your assertion to be invalid. Yet, you claim victory over the internet. You my friend, are a moron

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm yeah, we also play at South Bend and then get Cal at home. I noticed how you left those two out.

Why was Charlie Strong upset with the outcome of the coin flip?