• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas culture change.....

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ, Desmond Jackson is a moron and Charlie Strong was pissed we kicked the ball. You know why? Because nobody wants to kick off twice! It's one more chance for the other team to steal an extra possession whether it actually happens or not. Can we move on now?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, Charlie Strong has kicked Kennedy Estelle, OT, off the team.

He has been on thin ice since last year, missing the ALamo Bowl because of bad grades.

Good riddance I say, we'll just finish the year with inexperienced offensive linemen. That's 9 idoits that couldnt get a grip and support their team.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has been on thin ice since last year, missing the ALamo Bowl because of bad grades.

Good riddance I say, we'll just finish the year with inexperienced offensive linemen. That's 9 idoits that couldnt get a grip and support their team.

I'm sure Baylor and Oklahoma have the phone lines working as we speak.:whistle:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that hurts. nobody is going to accuse Strong of situational ethics

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the right attitude to take unless you think Texas can make a good bowl run this year. Chalk it up to a new coach, get the dead weight out, get the guys in who want to be there, and get them experience.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the right attitude to take unless you think Texas can make a good bowl run this year. Chalk it up to a new coach, get the dead weight out, get the guys in who want to be there, and get them experience.

It is for the best long term, but right now I am just hoping Texas can field a team by Thanksgiving

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is, but when you have to play with a 3rd string OT who is 5'11 and 225 lbs, and bench presses 185 - we are in continued trouble.

Exaggeration, yes. But not by much.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this year, unless extreme good luck suddenly thrust itself on this team, was going to be a struggle anyway. With a healthy Ash, and with some talented but troubled players all healthy and in good standing, this team had a shot.

However, that was not meant to be. Might as well clean the mess out, start with a clean slate.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a word should be said about Ash: He is a good young man, who really worked hard. He was put into a shitty situation, thrown out on the field in the first few games (when he'd been told he would be red-shirted) after the failure/injury to Garrett Gilbert.

With all the crummy people making news in sports today, he is one of the good guys.

As he said the other day, he has 5 or so different offensive systems rattling around in his head, and no way to use them. He had a number of people reach out to him, such as Archie Manning, Kevin Durant and a whole bunch of current and former UT players and coaches. He even said a number of Sooners reached out to him, in a good way.

He deserved better.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ, Desmond Jackson is a moron and Charlie Strong was pissed we kicked the ball. You know why? Because nobody wants to kick off twice! It's one more chance for the other team to steal an extra possession whether it actually happens or not. Can we move on now?

I didn't think it was that hard to understand.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a word should be said about Ash: He is a good young man, who really worked hard. He was put into a shitty situation, thrown out on the field in the first few games (when he'd been told he would be red-shirted) after the failure/injury to Garrett Gilbert.

With all the crummy people making news in sports today, he is one of the good guys.

As he said the other day, he has 5 or so different offensive systems rattling around in his head, and no way to use them. He had a number of people reach out to him, such as Archie Manning, Kevin Durant and a whole bunch of current and former UT players and coaches. He even said a number of Sooners reached out to him, in a good way.

He deserved better.

this!

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there ever been a poll that asks would you rather:

have embarrassing idiots and win or have no embarrassing idiots and potentially win less often

I'd be curious how that comes out...especially in light of Winston's antics. Charlie Strong is great and I hope Tejas supports his attitude. You don't want to have a top university, scholastically, with an abundance of dumbshits in front of the public.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Codaxx says you are wrong, it makes no difference, and you are a moron what doesn't know simple math.

That Charlie Strong got upset at the same time as the coin flip was unrelated and entirely coincidental.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Codaxx says you are wrong, it makes no difference, and you are a moron what doesn't know simple math.

That Charlie Strong got upset at the same time as the coin flip was unrelated and entirely coincidental.

clearly, you have not read anything I wrote.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fool failed a THIRD university (not AD) drug test and the school was going to kick him and Desmond Harrison out of school.

Cholly went to bat for them, and got them in a rehab program for 6 weeks and they can continue to go to class. He let the team know.......we WILL kick your dumb ass out of here if you can't leave the weed alone. Some of the kids getting kicked out were done not because of him, but because of university policy. Apparently Mack let these kids just get away with whatever they wanted to do.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fool failed a THIRD university (not AD) drug test and the school was going to kick him and Desmond Harrison out of school.

Cholly went to bat for them, and got them in a rehab program for 6 weeks and they can continue to go to class. He let the team know.......we WILL kick your dumb ass out of here if you can't leave the weed alone. Some of the kids getting kicked out were done not because of him, but because of university policy. Apparently Mack let these kids just get away with whatever they wanted to do.

How do you get on a university drug testing program? I've never heard of the university doing testing. The AD does, but the university does not. I'm not trying to say they don't, I just have never seen that. I'm gonna take a look at my school's policy on that...will report back.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Certainly starting to look that way. No wonder you couldn't put out good teams.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you get on a university drug testing program? I've never heard of the university doing testing. The AD does, but the university does not. I'm not trying to say they don't, I just have never seen that. I'm gonna take a look at my school's policy on that...will report back.

I dont have any information, but I actually heard this one was not a failed drug test that was the final straw. He failed at least one drug test if you listen to the grapevine, but apparently he decided not to go to class while he was suspended. Strong isnt just throwing kids out on one incident, except for felonies. Estelle has been suspended for a long time. Its not about a stance on drugs, guns, or education. He is simply asking kids to make a commitment to the program.