• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas and Okie reportedly interested in joining SEC ....

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about the division, if they don't re-align. SEC West is a meat-grinder. Okies could def compete in the East.
Let's say they go to four divisions:

A) Georgia, Florida, UK, USC

B) Tenn, Vandy, Bama, Auburn

C) Miss, MSU, LSU, aTm

D) Mizzou, Arkie, OU, Tex

All four divisions have two tough teams, and uhh, two teams who have wonderful personalities

They could arrange it so that A & C, B & D play each other one year, then next season it's A & B, C & D, third season its A & D, B & C.

Every year they would play at least one team from the other divisions they're not scheduled to face. This would balance out the schedules faster and you can preserve more of the traditional rivalry games.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say they go to four divisions:

A) Georgia, Florida, UK, USC

B) Tenn, Vandy, Bama, Auburn

C) Miss, MSU, LSU, aTm

D) Mizzou, Arkie, OU, Tex

All four divisions have two tough teams, and uhh, two teams who have wonderful personalities

They could arrange it so that A & C, B & D play each other one year, then next season it's A & B, C & D, third season its A & D, B & C.

Every year they would play at least one team from the other divisions they're not scheduled to face. This would balance out the schedules faster and you can preserve more of the traditional rivalry games.
Ok, so Bold they could maintain the annual Tide-Vol beatdown, Auburn-UGA, and FL-LSU. I like this idea overall, it's like what the NFL does between divisions.

But do you have a two-game champeenship then? On top of the expanded playoff system?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think no matter what the SEC will do a complete realignment.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being reported here that Texas has already agreed to merging the shorthorn network into the SEC network. I have been expecting ESPN to pull the plug on that anyway, they have lost a lot of money on it.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so Bold they could maintain the annual Tide-Vol beatdown, Auburn-UGA, and FL-LSU. I like this idea overall, it's like what the NFL does between divisions.

But do you have a two-game champeenship then? On top of the expanded playoff system?
If there are four superconferences of 16 teams each, then yeah, each league has a four-team playoff for their conference title, then the four winners do the current playoff.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there are four superconferences of 16 teams each, then yeah, each league has a four-team playoff for their conference title, then the four winners do the current playoff.
Since there is 65 Power 5 schools. Your scenario allows 64. Which school is left out??? I’ll start - Kansas.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since there is 65 Power 5 schools. Your scenario allows 64. Which school is left out??? I’ll start - Kansas.

A lot of conferences may want their basketball program though. I wonder if we'll start to see programs being in different conferences for different sports. It's rare but it does happen for a lot of the smaller schools. FCS realignment already happened this offseason with the Southland and WAC and some schools have dual membership in the new ASUN/Big South conference structure.

Last edited:

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of conferences may want their basketball program though. I wonder if we'll start to see programs being in different conferences for different sports. It's rare but it does happen for a lot of the smaller schools.
Ya hear ya. Kansas has hoop. Vanderbilt has Baseball. Maybe it’s Rutgers?

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a given that OU is out of the big 12 after 2023. Multiple reasons but one is fans and powers that be are sick of constantly being picked to play 11 am starts. OU comes into the SEC as the solid #2 tram and once in the league will recruit with anyone and everyone. That is actually already happening.

Join the PAC 12 and you'll never play an early game again

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC would take OU in a heartbeat. Tu not so sure on that. Texas is the problem child of the big 12 and what caused all the BS to begin with. I hope OU goes to the SEC
Tejas has money. Their brand is bigger than OU's brand.
They're still a bunch of fags tho.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of conferences may want their basketball program though. I wonder if we'll start to see programs being in different conferences for different sports. It's rare but it does happen for a lot of the smaller schools. FCS realignment already happened this offseason with the Southland and WAC and some schools have dual membership in the new ASUN/Big South conference structure.
If it's gonna be 16 all-around, the B1G needs a couple of teams. And every time I see the topic being discussed, UNC comes up. But I'm thinking they're not willing to scuttle tradition by leaving the ACC, because of the BBall.

If this evolves as the new super-conference movement, Notre Dame should either be fully independent or not eligible for playoffs unless fully belonging to a conference. Enough of the back-dooring into the playoffs.

Last edited:

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tejas has money. Their brand is bigger than OU's brand.
They're still a bunch of fags tho.
See the source image

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being reported here that Texas has already agreed to merging the shorthorn network into the SEC network. I have been expecting ESPN to pull the plug on that anyway, they have lost a lot of money on it.

You can be damn sure they are gonna get paid somehow.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Longhorn Channel would get bought out … a$m would never allow Texas to be in same conference as them. They cannot compete with Texas.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Longhorn Channel would get bought out … a$m would never allow Texas to be in same conference as them. They cannot compete with Texas.
It would not have made it this far if it wasn’t already a done deal.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only need 11 votes. aTm can't do it themselves. And I disagree with the latter as well, think aTm would have surely beat Tejas last year, for example.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only need 11 votes. aTm can't do it themselves. And I disagree with the latter as well, think aTm would have surely beat Tejas last year, for example.
A&M is just posturing to save face with their fans. This deal is already done.