• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas AD is absolutely right about athletic scholarships..

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, my question has still not been answered. Why is not okay for athletes to try and make money from the highest bidder while in college?

Because they are playing ametuer sports....there your question is answered.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that angle "its ALL about the school" doesnt hold any water... HOW MUCH MONEY IS BAMA making of its recent success? HOW MUCH money did texas am make of johnny football?

Like I said, there are a handful of guys that transcend the normal. Manziel, Clowney, Tebow.

Everybody else is a JAG (Just Another Guy).

In reality, do those guys bring in more fans for their school? More money for their school?

Florida, A&M, and SC pretty much sell out all the time with our without these guys. Do they get more donations due to their play?

Even with that said, you are taking a 1% of a less than 1% of a less than 1% percent player to make a point as to why these guys should be paid.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they are playing ametuer sports....there your question is answered.

They aren't playing amateur sport's especially considering how much money is involved and how much time they are forced to put in to their sports. It's on par with the professional leagues.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, my question has still not been answered. Why is not okay for athletes to try and make money from the highest bidder while in college?

Because only amateurs are eligible.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, there are a handful of guys that transcend the normal. Manziel, Clowney, Tebow.

In reality, do those guys bring in more fans for their school? More money for their school?

Florida, A&M, and SC pretty much sell out all the time with our without these guys. Do they get more donations due to their play?

Even with that said, you are taking a 1% of a less than 1% of a less than 1% percent player to make a point as to why these guys should be paid.

Don't act like the Universities actually care about the athletes either. They only care about the money they are making off of the athletes. Same with the fans. Most fan's don't care about the players either, they care about bragging rights and being able to gloat and other things like that.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because only amateurs are eligible.

Thats the point, they aren't "amateur athletes" which means that excuse for why they should not be paid goes out the window.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you sellout with a tradition of winning and continuing winning, which doesn't just happen, it takes great coaches AND GREAT PLAYERS. just to use your 1% argument(which i dont agree with ), why can't they make money of fame and talent, isnt that fair in the work place?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't act like the Universities actually care about the athletes either. They only care about the money they are making off of the athletes. Same with the fans. Most fan's don't care about the players either, they care about bragging rights and being able to gloat and other things like that.

They aren't making money off the athletes.

The revenues from football go back into the school and pay for other sports that would not otherwise be allowed to exist. And that's only in about 60 schools,the other schools all lose money and require donations to keep going. Many of the facilities are built not by the school generating money from football, but from donations made by alumni.

At least learn the basics if you are going to try and debate the issue.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isnt

College Football and Basketball make revenue that is more than Hockey and Baseball and on par with the NBA.

Considering the tv contracts, gate revenue, revenue from bowl games, ncaa tournament, sponsorships etc etc.

Your delusional if you think that's not true.

The only one's not getting a slice of any of that pie is the Players themselves.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without playing college football?

Are they going to make millions playing for the West Chattanooga Hillbillies?

what does that matter??

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The revenues from football go back into the school and pay for other sports that would not otherwise be allowed to exist. And that's only in about 60 schools,the other schools all lose money and require donations to keep going. Many of the facilities are built not by the school generating money from football, but from donations made by alumni.

And where do you think that revenue is coming from? It's coming from the football and basketball players.

And again, I'm not talking about the school's themselves paying the players, i talking about outside source of revenue beyond the school. What's wrong with that?

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

please explain how division II has OTHER sports. besides this isnt about what is fair to other sports.