• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texans

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Dak was Ok and was much more accurate than I am reading some say. Sometimes I wonder if people ignore most of the plays and focus on one or two. But, I agree that he often holds the ball too long when he is sitting in the pocket. Both of the interceptions were catchable and tipped and shouldn't have been interceptions, but you are the QB and it falls on you when you decide to make the throw. A better throw to Austin is completed and he probably shouldn't have thrown the second one or perhaps should have put it more to the outside. Teams know Dak is good outside of the pocket and try to keep him in there yet we don't in turn call designed plays to roll him out. He doesn't have Watson's speed of course, but you maximize an athletic QB when you get him moving and make the defense pick what to do and especially when he has shown accuracy on the move.

He played hard no doubt. He just can’t continue the one good game, one bad game thing. Good QBs are not inconstent. I’m not blaming it all on him. He threw for 208 yrds and 120 came on 3 plays. I really thought he would light that secondary up.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You thought Dak was accurate last night? He missed at least 4 throws that just about any starting NFL QB should make. The INT on the pass to Austin? Several others he threw behind WRs streaking across the middle of the field... Sure, some of the bad balls he threw were caught, but he leaves his receivers in bad positions to do anything after the catch.

Dak was not good last night IMO. Accurate he was not.

Swaim did snag one off the turf for him for a first down. The throw to Tavon was high and it seems to get higher everytime I watch it but I thought he should have caught it. The second INT I thought was 80% Dak.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played hard no doubt. He just can’t continue the one good game, one bad game thing. Good QBs are not inconstent. I’m not blaming it all on him. He threw for 208 yrds and 120 came on 3 plays. I really thought he would light that secondary up.

This is my biggest thing with Dak, he can look very good at times, so you know that he has it in him. But Dak is wildly inconsistent, and his accuracy leaves a lot to be desired.

It's still only year 3, and I am not ready to write the book on Dak yet. He needs better coaches around him.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swaim did snag one off the turf for him for a first down. The throw to Tavon was high and it seems to get higher everytime I watch it but I thought he should have caught it. The second INT I thought was 80% Dak.

I get it that Austin could have caught that ball, but really Dak COULD HAVE made a better throw too. Dak sails a lot of passes high, and has since his rookie year. He really needs to get his footwork cleaned up.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You thought Dak was accurate last night? He missed at least 4 throws that just about any starting NFL QB should make. The INT on the pass to Austin? Several others he threw behind WRs streaking across the middle of the field... Sure, some of the bad balls he threw were caught, but he leaves his receivers in bad positions to do anything after the catch.

Yes, the int to Austin was off. Other than that I'm not sure which "Several others he threw behind WRs streaking across the middle of the field" you are talking about. I don't even remember too many times that he even threw incomplete to WRs streaking across the middle of the field.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my biggest thing with Dak, he can look very good at times, so you know that he has it in him. But Dak is wildly inconsistent, and his accuracy leaves a lot to be desired.

It's still only year 3, and I am not ready to write the book on Dak yet. He needs better coaches around him.
I said a couple of weeks ago his best QB coach since he has been here has been Sanchez. That is not a glowing review for our coaching staff. How the Hell an NFL team with a young starting QB and two young backups thinks they can turn the QB coaching job over to Kellen Moore is baffling.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it that Austin could have caught that ball, but really Dak COULD HAVE made a better throw too. Dak sails a lot of passes high, and has since his rookie year. He really needs to get his footwork cleaned up.

I agree. If you watch it close, the throw is also leading him a little which made it even tougher.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the int to Austin was off. Other than that I'm not sure which "Several others he threw behind WRs streaking across the middle of the field" you are talking about. I don't even remember too many times that he even threw incomplete to WRs streaking across the middle of the field.

I can't post video from GamePass but when I rewatch the game later I will try and give you some examples

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which leads to him holding the ball too long. He needs to see the WR come open rather than being able to throw him open. Give him Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley and he will look much better, but he still is what he is. A young Alex Smith. Not bad, but only so good

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like UK said, are you ready to sink 100 million into that though or tag him and pay him 30 million for one yr.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said a couple of weeks ago his best QB coach since he has been here has been Sanchez. That is not a glowing review for our coaching staff. How the Hell an NFL team with a young starting QB and two young backups thinks they can turn the QB coaching job over to Kellen Moore is baffling.
Agree, not the place to try and save a penny.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dak has to play better. When the ball is in his hands at the end of game to win it, i have little confidence in him winning the game. Any pressure and he plays like a dear in the headlights. He s really feeling the pressure now. He needs to get hs confidence back.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which leads to him holding the ball too long. He needs to see the WR come open rather than being able to throw him open. Give him Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley and he will look much better, but he still is what he is. A young Alex Smith. Not bad, but only so good

I said it last year about Alex Smith and that’s not bad at all. Some see Alex Smith and think he sucks. I have never thought that. I also see comparisons to Tebow, which I disagree with except for the intangibles. The odd thing is all three had the same college QB Coach/ Ocord- Dan Mullen.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't post video from GamePass but when I rewatch the game later I will try and give you some examples
I have it on DVR. Let me know the times. He had a pass to Beasley that I remember (wasn't streaking) where Beasley was "jitterbugging" and was open while Dak was getting rushed and before he looked at him. Then as Dak got some space he located him and made the throw but at that point the defender was there. (actually same thing on the pass to the outside to Beasley where Dak looked up late after being rushed and then tried ot get it out to him). One of the things we DON'T do enough of in this offense is having WRs streak across the middle of the field. The slants are one of the passes Dak throws best and we just haven't done it enough this year and we don't even seem to run the pattern that teams used to run on Carr all of the time and Hopkins ran a few times last night where the guy comes all the way across. It's such a hard pattern for a DB to cover. Yes it's tough to hit a guy in stride like that but we seldom even seem to try it. We did it a couple of times with Austin. Once was the interception and once the long completion after the scramble. All the above from memory so could be off a little.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the problem is, if those are options A and B, what's option C?

Option C is to let Dak play out year 4 without an extension in place. See how he develops (hopefully under a new coaching staff). If he plays well and worthy of keeping, negotiate a team friendly deal or franchise tag. Then play the game again the next year. If Dak continues to falter into year 4 then you move on because he's not the guy.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only way I can explain it, convenience. He was standing right in front of them when the job became open. I am pretty sure he didn't even have an interview.

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Option C is to let Dak play out year 4 without an extension in place. See how he develops (hopefully under a new coaching staff). If he plays well and worthy of keeping, negotiate a team friendly deal or franchise tag. Then play the game again the next year. If Dak continues to falter into year 4 then you move on because he's not the guy.
Yeah, I think that is how they play it. When you have the tag at your disposal you should use it and be more patient. This Offense needs to figure out exactly what it's issue is. IMO we need an entirely new Offense. Our plays just don't seem to set up other plays and our patterns against the zone don't seem to use player A to get player B open like other teams do. Everyone else seems to coordinate things to make defenders choose what to do. We seem to have four guys out in four independent patterns.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like UK said, are you ready to sink 100 million into that though or tag him and pay him 30 million for one yr.

Nope. Give him an extension to prove himself and look at a QB in the draft or free agency. Not For Long league for those who can't cut the mustard.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t mean to hit the facepalm