• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tennessee Hype Machine In Full Mode

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, 2021 class hasn't even been inked and it's already being projected for the 2023 season?? Now that's how you offseason.
Now you see my point. They've lost their minds.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how the school treats it. For most schools, that's how it works. Dabo is a little more hardcore. He commits to offers. He tells players to take their time deciding, but not to commit unless they're all-in. If a player commits, he won't recruit another at their position and doesn't oversign. And he won't allow players committed to Clemson to take visits elsewhere and nor will he let players committed elsewhere visit Clemson. That can be a good thing, but it can also be risky. Korey Foreman seemed like he loved Clemson (that giant tiger tattoo on his arm shows that). But I think his mom wanted him to tour other schools close to home, probably due to covid. Dabo told him he'd have to decommitment, and then offered other defensive ends his spot. I think that was pretty harsh given the circumstances (and because Foreman could be great - he'll probably suck if he goes to USC).
I'm behind Dabo on this one. Dabo has built this program where he wants his players All-In. If Korey Foreman needs some extra time to figure that out, it's all good, our door will be still open for guy like that but Clemson needs to look at other prospects if a guy is not 100% on coming here.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me a Tennessee fan pushing this hype.

Been there, done that, have fallen for the hype too many times. + this current class is nothing special compared to what they normally bring in. Anyone taken the current 2021 recruiting rankings serious should lose all credibility

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Been there, done that, have fallen for the hype too many times. + this current class is nothing special compared to what they normally bring in. Anyone taken the current 2021 recruiting rankings serious should lose all credibility

How about your own board? I have it on very good authority that Tennessee is back. The latter two are about how Godlike Pruitt is at recruiting and evaluating talent. The first one is about Tennessee's inevitable win over the East this year. 9-3 record this year is expected. 10-2 is probable. Apparently the absolute worst case scenario is 8-4. That's a relief. Here when I looked at Tennessee's schedule, I thought I saw a best case scenario of 7-5 and a likely 6-6 record.

Saturday Down South predicts Vols record...
Why Pruitt is excelling in recruiting
247 rankings

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why they have them ranked as the #2 class but it's early.
Because it's May, and they have more people in their class than anyone else. Few of the top prospects have committed, which is the norm. Only people who know nothing about recruiting get excited about large classes and being no. 2 in May.

2 better ways to look at this:
  • Look at the average of their class and see that they aren't even in the top 10.
  • Look at their points and see where that would have put them last year. They have 259 according to 247 composite, with an average of 89.73. For the class of 2020, that would have put them 7th - in the SEC. Around 11th overall.
There have actually been some tweets in the past few days where some of their 3* have said that they are still open to be recruited. They realize they won't make it when they get processed. And their two 5* will be recruited by the big boys ... let's see if they end up at UT.

All that said, there are 2 things true about Pruitt - he's a really good evaluator of talent, and he can recruit really well (or at least he did at UGA and Bama). UT will get better under him. But not likely top of the SEC good.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's May, and they have more people in their class than anyone else. Few of the top prospects have committed, which is the norm. Only people who know nothing about recruiting get excited about large classes and being no. 2 in May.

2 better ways to look at this:
  • Look at the average of their class and see that they aren't even in the top 10.
  • Look at their points and see where that would have put them last year. They have 259 according to 247 composite, with an average of 89.73. For the class of 2020, that would have put them 7th - in the SEC. Around 11th overall.
There have actually been some tweets in the past few days where some of their 3* have said that they are still open to be recruited. They realize they won't make it when they get processed. And their two 5* will be recruited by the big boys ... let's see if they end up at UT.

All that said, there are 2 things true about Pruitt - he's a really good evaluator of talent, and he can recruit really well (or at least he did at UGA and Bama). UT will get better under him. But not likely top of the SEC good.
Think some of those 3 stars that still say their commitment is still open will be the most sought out this fall as they get more tape out. I'm not going to dismiss 3 stars for 4/5 stars rated right now when the services have no idea what's going on

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about your own board? I have it on very good authority that Tennessee is back. The latter two are about how Godlike Pruitt is at recruiting and evaluating talent. The first one is about Tennessee's inevitable win over the East this year. 9-3 record this year is expected. 10-2 is probable. Apparently the absolute worst case scenario is 8-4. That's a relief. Here when I looked at Tennessee's schedule, I thought I saw a best case scenario of 7-5 and a likely 6-6 record.

Saturday Down South predicts Vols record...
Why Pruitt is excelling in recruiting
247 rankings
Fair enough. Seems like most are aiming for 8 wins, some for 9 wins. I can see 8 wins but I'm predicting 7

Tennessee Schedule
vs Charlotte
at Oklahoma
vs Furman
vs Florida
vs Missouri
at South Carolina
vs Alabama
at Arkansas
vs Kentucky
at Georgia
vs Troy
at Vanderbilt

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have access to your 247 site ... trust me, they're talking like it's 1998. Not many of them seem to understand recruiting, but that doesn't keep them from posting.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, 2021 class hasn't even been inked and it's already being projected for the 2023 season?? Now that's how you offseason.
Kind of takes the pressure off of us to win this year's pre-season natty. I'm liking it.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to start a thread

ImaginativeBriefCrab-small.gif

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's all appreciate how great an accomplishment is to beat those kinds of odds. Truly spectacular and the height of beauty. I mean they started probability in the face and gave it the finger.