• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

teams in the KC race this off season

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sold on Allen either. In fact I’m not sold on any of the top QBs as cant miss prospects.

Allens best traits on the old sharkometer

Size, arm strength, he wont require a bone headed trade to acquire.

Accuracy... leaves something to be desired. Not sure about his ability to read defenses or throw to a spot.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The steelers and giants fans think both shuster and bryant are better than crowder, what a surprise.

As I said, if you know football, you know that JC is an outstanding player who
Is definitely better than Bryant, and is probably better than Shuster, a rookie.

Sharkinva said it right: Steelers goggles are hard to take off...

A more interesting discussion is if Doctson is also better than Bryant and Shuster.

FWIW: I’m pretty sure all Redskins fans, myself included, would be ecstatic
If our beloved Redskins could find even a shred of the sustained winning tradition that the Steelers have enjoyed through the decades.
I’m not trying to argue or be a jerk. Crowder is a great player. But he’s a slot wr

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right on Bryant, but that woukd only continue the tradition of overpaying tor inevitable underproduction.

Crowder is a fantastic wr, Bryant is not. Shuster is a rookie.
If crowderbis fantastic and juju a rookie why r the stats similar? Especially when juju wasn’t involved half the year?!?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Every time I see one of these mobile QBs I hear how he might be "The ONE" that guy who can transcende and become the new NFL prototype. And I have to stop from throwing up over that statement when people say.. the Redskins need this guy. Give me a QB that plays the game from the head down over a guy who plays from the legs up any day of the week.

2. The only assumptions I make about Allen is if we are going to fuck this up and ditch Cousins, he might be the best Available option without trading up. I think he is raw, will need work at the pro level. But he WONT be that arm candy dan craves, so I suspect he wont get the enablement complex of trips on the owners private jet.

See thats the thing, with this team the best thing at QB might actually be a QB Dan ISNT in love with, but realizes is the best thing for his business. He needs to be an employee, not the owners buddy. Jackson comes with entirely too much of the buddy potential for me to think there is any way Snyder doesnt screw this up. And thats on top of the fact that I think his size and playing style are not conducive to a long career.

And sorry Dude, I'm not buying a QB with 4000 RUSHING Yards and damn near 50 Rushing TD is some master at reading defenses. and the career 57% completion ratio does NOT inspire confidence

1. Nah. He wouldn' be "the one". He'd just be one of several already and plenty more to come I'm sure.
2. You say that but....there's really nothing backing that claim up. He needs more work than Jackson does.

That last part is you just knocking a dude for having an additional skill set. Btw you might wanna go check your boy Allen's completion percentage.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Nah. He wouldn' be "the one". He'd just be one of several already and plenty more to come I'm sure.
2. You say that but....there's really nothing backing that claim up. He needs more work than Jackson does.

That last part is you just knocking a dude for having an additional skill set. Btw you might wanna go check your boy Allen's completion percentage.

What part of the only reason I would be OK with Allen is that we are going to fuck up the Kirk thing, and IM not a fan of trading up do you not get??

Skins pick Allen, yea we got a QB, we didnt get one that REALLY doesnt fit our offense, and we didnt trade up to get him. The definition of a moral victory in this situation as far as Im concerned.

The QB I would WANT us to pick in this draft wont be there. That being Darnold or Rosen (either will do). And the only reason I actually want either of them is because I think Bruce is hell bent on ABC any way.

In a perfect world in my book, we sign Kirk long term, and Vita Vea is there for us when we pick.. and we actually take him

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrappolo will be the first $30M a year QB. If the Niners Franchise him, he'll be gone next year. Franchised QBs will get $25M in 2018 and if the Niners are smart, they sign him to a 5 year $150M contract with $100M guaranteed. They haven't lost since he got there and as a starter JG is now 7-0. He ripped the Jags to shreds and showed the NFL how to dismantle that "incredible" defense.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sold on Allen either. In fact I’m not sold on any of the top QBs as cant miss prospects.

Fwiw I don't think can't miss prospects exist but I agree none of them are the greatest thing since sliced bread. But I think there are 4 guys who interest me as 1st rounder which is pretty good for a draft imo.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turn Jackson into a statue and we don’t even have a discussion. He wouldn’t be an NFL QB just like Cam and Kap never would have been.

ZYE0kme.gif

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man.. a career 57.4% completion ratio does'nt do it for you?? How about 1696 yards more rushing than RG3 in one less year of play. The more I look into JAckson, I am SOOoooo pumped about the real possibility of our front office targeting him. He is a less accurate, more productive on the ground mobile QB.... who weighs 211lbs.

Whats not to like??

But Allen's completion percentage is good. Ooookay....

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Allen's completion percentage is good. Ooookay....

Going to ask again, what makes you think I actually WANT us to draft Allen?? I see him as a lesser evil only option. He wont require a trade up. And he isnt an olympic sprinter pretending to be a QB?? He has size and an arm and wont cost us 4 draft picks. Those are his only positives as far as I am concerned.

And I would take him over Jackson because I dont see us wasting another 4 years trying to turn a track star into a QB by drafting him.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden’s offense is predicated on quick, timing passes and requires a qb to many times throw to a spot where the receiver will be. Success often depends on reading the defense pre snap. Jackson has never done that. Jackson has been running a read option offense exclusively where he reads his cue post snap then reacts accordingly. His offense is often split wide, stretching the defense, and usually leaving a LB, DE, or S to try and stay with Jackson. So his cue is to hand off, rollout, or run, all based on a single read. As you can imagine, the opportunity for a talent like Jackson to see running opportunities is huge. These same opportunities will not be nearly as available in the NFL.
Can he adapt? Sure, but history dictates that it is a long shot and will take years of practice and errors. Most never make that transition.

Jackson absolutely makes multiple reads on pass plays. Why can he run the stuff he's running now but not the timing routes of gruden offense?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson absolutely makes multiple reads on pass plays. Why can he run the stuff he's running now but not the timing routes of gruden offense?

Dude I know you would LOVE to see Jackson here, but when I read this

2018 NFL draft QB class primer: Everything you need to know about Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold and more

Jackson probably will run a 40-yard dash time at the combine that will be unheard of for a quarterback, and teams will spend the next couple of months trying to figure out what to do with him. If you bring him in, how much work do you have to do to refine his pure passer abilities? Can he help you in the meantime? Will you have to curb his running in order for him to survive in the NFL? And if you curb his running, does that limit his upside as a high draft pick? There has been at least some chatter about the possibility of a position change if it doesn't work out at quarterback, but his performance at that position in college surely merits a serious look before teams decide to move on and make him a wide receiver.

You dont try to turn a hooker into a house wife, and we (at least the Redskins) need to avoid trying to turn a track star into a QB.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of the only reason I would be OK with Allen is that we are going to fuck up the Kirk thing, and IM not a fan of trading up do you not get??

Skins pick Allen, yea we got a QB, we didnt get one that REALLY doesnt fit our offense, and we didnt trade up to get him. The definition of a moral victory in this situation as far as Im concerned.

The QB I would WANT us to pick in this draft wont be there. That being Darnold or Rosen (either will do). And the only reason I actually want either of them is because I think Bruce is hell bent on ABC any way.

In a perfect world in my book, we sign Kirk long term, and Vita Vea is there for us when we pick.. and we actually take him

Trust me I get that. But being ok with him at 15 if we take a QB but then knocking Jackson for his accuracy is a little...suspect.

Lol. Sometimes I think you guys just make up who "fits" into our offense.

But trust me. I get you don't want us to take a QB and definitely don't want us to trade up.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to ask again, what makes you think I actually WANT us to draft Allen?? I see him as a lesser evil only option. He wont require a trade up. And he isnt an olympic sprinter pretending to be a QB?? He has size and an arm and wont cost us 4 draft picks. Those are his only positives as far as I am concerned.

And I would take him over Jackson because I dont see us wasting another 4 years trying to turn a track star into a QB by drafting him.

No he's a non Olympic sprinter pretending to be a QB. Encouraging.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I know you would LOVE to see Jackson here, but when I read this

2018 NFL draft QB class primer: Everything you need to know about Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold and more

Jackson probably will run a 40-yard dash time at the combine that will be unheard of for a quarterback, and teams will spend the next couple of months trying to figure out what to do with him. If you bring him in, how much work do you have to do to refine his pure passer abilities? Can he help you in the meantime? Will you have to curb his running in order for him to survive in the NFL? And if you curb his running, does that limit his upside as a high draft pick? There has been at least some chatter about the possibility of a position change if it doesn't work out at quarterback, but his performance at that position in college surely merits a serious look before teams decide to move on and make him a wide receiver.

You dont try to turn a hooker into a house wife, and we (at least the Redskins) need to avoid trying to turn a track star into a QB.

Meh. He's already a better QB than Allen. I refuse to knock a dude for also being an excellent athlete.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me I get that. But being ok with him at 15 if we take a QB but then knocking Jackson for his accuracy is a little...suspect.

Lol. Sometimes I think you guys just make up who "fits" into our offense.

But trust me. I get you don't want us to take a QB and definitely don't want us to trade up.

Rosen.. Fits, Darnold if he comes out.. Fits... Allen.. with a whole lot of coaching might fit.

Jackson with 4000 yards rushing in three years.. Does not fit. Thats more rushing yards per season than some Running backs get. Marinate on that. For a QB this is NOT a good thing.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. He's already a better QB than Allen. I refuse to knock a dude for also being an excellent athlete.

Again, you are totally ignoring the team you are hoping he goes to. How can you in any rational train of thought NOT see this as a possible, and maybe TOTAL repeat of 2012?? And yes I know Griffin was rookie of the year, lead us to a division title.. blah blah blah...

But come on man. You really think its a good idea to try and force this fit?? All bringing him here does is line Jay gruden up to be fired.

Yes JAckson is a better QB than Allen.. but no one is excited about his passing ability. Its 100% about how exciting he WOULD be.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ehb5 The only thing you could tell me where i would think it was even a marginal idea to bring Jackson to Washington was.... we got him in the third round.. after trading down.. and Dan Snyder was in a Coma and Bruce got fired, and we had a real GM.

Even then I would question it.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he can’t do it, only that he never has. And history dictates that the probability is he won’t ever make the transition. Most don’t. So is that worth risking a 1st rd pick on? I wouldn’t and my bet is that many GMs feel the same way at this point.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he can’t do it, only that he never has. And history dictates that the probability is he won’t ever make the transition. Most don’t. So is that worth risking a 1st rd pick on? I wouldn’t and my bet is that many GMs feel the same way at this point.

Some one is going to take Jackson in the first round.

Giving Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen a QB that reminds some of us of the last guy is about as good an idea as this...

giphy.gif