• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

teams in the KC race this off season

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with almost everyhing you said. I do think getting a first for Kirk is not a slam dunk, but it is possible when you will have multiple teams vying for his services. I do agree, we could be a year late to the trade Kirk party.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with almost everyhing you said. I do think getting a first for Kirk is not a slam dunk, but it is possible when you will have multiple teams vying for his services. I do agree, we could be a year late to the trade Kirk party.
Denver would give up their first round pick and Elway's left nut in a nanosecond in a trade for Cousins, assuming they could also negotiate a LTD with him. There are also a couple of other teams that will also. Now could we get two 1sts for him?? Eh, that might be tough. But when you have more than one very interested parties in a limited supply product, there is no telling how high the bidding might go.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope so......If we can't get a LTD done of course.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope so......If we can't get a LTD done of course.
Well I hope we can get something for him if we can't sign him long term. But we will have to tag him to retain his rights and facilitate a trade.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst thing Bruce could do is tag a player who publically says I dont want to be in DC. Because it means either Kirk signs and plays on the tag, or he gets traded, but I doubt Kirk would be willing to do the Skins any favors in that instance.

OK - fair enough. So that really doesn't apply in this situation because Cousins has said no such thing & has stated that Snyder has been great thus far & he would like to stay in DC. Does that mean Cousins will stay or that perhaps he doesn't harbor bad feelings against the Skins? No - but you stated a player would publicly says he doesn't want to stay in DC & just not true in this situation

Now if you want to go completely off speculation and rumors -great have at it. I guess at the end of the day people are going to believe what they want to believe which is perfect for today's shoddy, irresponsible media.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I hope we can get something for him if we can't sign him long term. But we will have to tag him to retain his rights and facilitate a trade.

Yep - if Cousins goes elsewhere w/ little to no compensation it will mean that the Redskins spent almost $45 M on him & in return they basically received .500 football, nice stats & a lot of buzz for forums such as this one. Not a very good strategy in hindsight (& given their draft history w/ QBs a scary possibility moving fwd).

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. It's more of a PR nightmare for Bruce if he leaves for a 3rd in 19. If he can get a top 15 pick this year and a later pick, we will still be disappointed, but at least I would be able to stomach that.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver would give up their first round pick and Elway's left nut in a nanosecond in a trade for Cousins, assuming they could also negotiate a LTD with him. There are also a couple of other teams that will also. Now could we get two 1sts for him?? Eh, that might be tough. But when you have more than one very interested parties in a limited supply product, there is no telling how high the bidding might go.

There is a part of me that wants KC to go to Denver because I think they may just win the SB if he does.