• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

teams in the KC race this off season

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is an exciting Mobile QB at a time when as many as seven teams need a QB, and a few of those teams will also need some one to get butts back in the seats.
To me Jackson to DC would be 100% about that. Making nice to the fans that were upset over the last QB change, bringing in a flashy new piece, and being able to make the statement that while we didnt keep Cousins, everything about Jackson says he is the new breed of elite QB. Never mind he doesnt fit our offense at all and weighs less than some starting DBs.
I think he would be the worst possible move for this team. Which is also why I think Bruce will 100% locked in when he hones in on Jackson

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure he goes in the top 10. Not even sure he goes in the 1st round. I think teams have to be wary of these "dual threat" QBs as there have been so many flame outs. He will have to completely change his game to make it in the NFL. Especially on a Gruden coached team. The last thing Gruden wants is a QB that has had much of his success using his legs.

Does he have to change that much? Drop the play calling that calls for him to run 10 times a game which obviously geyser would do and doesn't require any change on Jackson's part. What more does he have to change than any other rookie?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying assuming he's there. I know you don't wanna trade up and I'm with you.

Why is he rg4 though? Why are we assuming he'll fail?

1. He doesnt fit our offense
2. I highly doubt Gruden wants a QB with that playing style.
3. Bruce and Dan will once again make the call any way and tell the coach to deal or walk
4. Smaller stature running QB

AKA RG4

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is an exciting Mobile QB at a time when as many as seven teams need a QB, and a few of those teams will also need some one to get butts back in the seats.
To me Jackson to DC would be 100% about that. Making nice to the fans that were upset over the last QB change, bringing in a flashy new piece, and being able to make the statement that while we didnt keep Cousins, everything about Jackson says he is the new breed of elite QB. Never mind he doesnt fit our offense at all and weighs less than some starting DBs.
I think he would be the worst possible move for this team. Which is also why I think Bruce will 100% locked in when he hones in on Jackson

I think my biggest sticking point is Allen over Jackson. Turn Jackson into a statue he still does everything better than Allen.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. He doesnt fit our offense
2. I highly doubt Gruden wants a QB with that playing style.
3. Bruce and Dan will once again make the call any way and tell the coach to deal or walk
4. Smaller stature running QB

AKA RG4

1. An assumption. Even if true, if gruden is as good as we think he is he should be able to adjust things.
2. Maybe not, but I think gruden will prefer talent over a lack thereof.
3. True lol
4. I am interested to see how big he comes in at the combine but I'm not too worried. The running I view as a positive.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my biggest sticking point is Allen over Jackson. Turn Jackson into a statue he still does everything better than Allen.

Give my aunt nuts and she could pretend to be my uncle. How well has it worked in general in the NFL teaching these mobile QBs to read defense, throw based on timing and play call.. and to NOT take off like Superman at the drop of a busted play or if they feel antsy??

Look I fully expect them to fuck pu the Cousins thing. I fully expect them to Draft a QB because they had no way to keep Cousins (or so they will say). I just think Jackson would be a move to try and recreate 2012. And while that was a magical year for some, to me it was smoke and Mirrors.

Jackson to me means Gruden just became the next Shanahan.. a coach tasked with making it work, and riden out if it doesnt.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give my aunt nuts and she could pretend to be my uncle. How well has it worked in general in the NFL teaching these mobile QBs to read defense, throw based on timing and play call.. and to NOT take off like Superman at the drop of a busted play or if they feel antsy??

Look I fully expect them to fuck pu the Cousins thing. I fully expect them to Draft a QB because they had no way to keep Cousins (or so they will say). I just think Jackson would be a move to try and recreate 2012. And while that was a magical year for some, to me it was smoke and Mirrors.

Jackson to me means Gruden just became the next Shanahan.. a coach tasked with making it work, and riden out if it doesnt.

See that's the problem. You see running qb and make a bunch of assumptions about what he can't do then you see Allen as a traditional QB and make a bunch of assumptions about what he can do. There's no actual evaluation happening there.

Jackson is likely better at reading defenses, better at throwing with timing, better moving in the pocket, more accurate, with as strong an arm. Why would you take Allen over him?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that's the problem. You see running qb and make a bunch of assumptions about what he can't do then you see Allen as a traditional QB and make a bunch of assumptions about what he can do. There's no actual evaluation happening there.

Jackson is likely better at reading defenses, better at throwing with timing, better moving in the pocket, more accurate, with as strong an arm. Why would you take Allen over him?

1. Every time I see one of these mobile QBs I hear how he might be "The ONE" that guy who can transcende and become the new NFL prototype. And I have to stop from throwing up over that statement when people say.. the Redskins need this guy. Give me a QB that plays the game from the head down over a guy who plays from the legs up any day of the week.

2. The only assumptions I make about Allen is if we are going to fuck this up and ditch Cousins, he might be the best Available option without trading up. I think he is raw, will need work at the pro level. But he WONT be that arm candy dan craves, so I suspect he wont get the enablement complex of trips on the owners private jet.

See thats the thing, with this team the best thing at QB might actually be a QB Dan ISNT in love with, but realizes is the best thing for his business. He needs to be an employee, not the owners buddy. Jackson comes with entirely too much of the buddy potential for me to think there is any way Snyder doesnt screw this up. And thats on top of the fact that I think his size and playing style are not conducive to a long career.

And sorry Dude, I'm not buying a QB with 4000 RUSHING Yards and damn near 50 Rushing TD is some master at reading defenses. and the career 57% completion ratio does NOT inspire confidence

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it."__ "Edmund Burke

That restated, any QB taken in this draft will require time on the bench in order to get acclimated to the NFL game. I don't care how high they are drafted, the fail rate goes sky high when the ole' sink or swim method is employed.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it."__ "Edmund Burke

That restated, any QB taken in this draft will require time on the bench in order to get acclimated to the NFL game. I don't care how high they are drafted, the fail rate goes sky high when the ole' sink or swim method is employed.

Agreed. But also knowing we are likely going to throw the rookie into the fire, I would have to say my list would go Rosen/Darnold then Allen. I just think they would be a better fit for what the coach wants to do with the offense. I dont expect either of the first two to be there.

Also will point out, if we draft either of them I expect the Snyder factor to screw them up as well. The best QB situation for this team is a guy the coach likes, and the owner tolerates.... And that Bruce picked so he can say IM smarter than Mike and Scot. Even if he isnt.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Turn Jackson into a statue and we don’t even have a discussion. He wouldn’t be an NFL QB just like Cam and Kap never would have been.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turn Jackson into a statue and we don’t even have a discussion. He wouldn’t be an NFL QB just like Cam and Kap never would have been.

Come on man.. a career 57.4% completion ratio does'nt do it for you?? How about 1696 yards more rushing than RG3 in one less year of play. The more I look into JAckson, I am SOOoooo pumped about the real possibility of our front office targeting him. He is a less accurate, more productive on the ground mobile QB.... who weighs 211lbs.

Whats not to like??

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make a thread on the nfl general board, open to the pub bloc asking about juju, Bryant, crowder see what happens, better yet I will

Rank these wrs

The steelers and giants fans think both shuster and bryant are better than crowder, what a surprise.

As I said, if you know football, you know that JC is an outstanding player who
Is definitely better than Bryant, and is probably better than Shuster, a rookie.

Sharkinva said it right: Steelers goggles are hard to take off...

A more interesting discussion is if Doctson is also better than Bryant and Shuster.

FWIW: I’m pretty sure all Redskins fans, myself included, would be ecstatic
If our beloved Redskins could find even a shred of the sustained winning tradition that the Steelers have enjoyed through the decades.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he have to change that much? Drop the play calling that calls for him to run 10 times a game which obviously geyser would do and doesn't require any change on Jackson's part. What more does he have to change than any other rookie?
Gruden’s offense is predicated on quick, timing passes and requires a qb to many times throw to a spot where the receiver will be. Success often depends on reading the defense pre snap. Jackson has never done that. Jackson has been running a read option offense exclusively where he reads his cue post snap then reacts accordingly. His offense is often split wide, stretching the defense, and usually leaving a LB, DE, or S to try and stay with Jackson. So his cue is to hand off, rollout, or run, all based on a single read. As you can imagine, the opportunity for a talent like Jackson to see running opportunities is huge. These same opportunities will not be nearly as available in the NFL.
Can he adapt? Sure, but history dictates that it is a long shot and will take years of practice and errors. Most never make that transition.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edit: doesnt matter. GL to the Steelers in the playoffs!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The steelers and giants fans think both shuster and bryant are better than crowder, what a surprise.

As I said, if you know football, you know that JC is an outstanding player who
Is definitely better than Bryant, and is probably better than Shuster, a rookie.

Sharkinva said it right: Steelers goggles are hard to take off...

A more interesting discussion is if Doctson is also better than Bryant and Shuster.

FWIW: I’m pretty sure all Redskins fans, myself included, would be ecstatic
If our beloved Redskins could find even a shred of the sustained winning tradition that the Steelers have enjoyed through the decades.

8 out of 10 Redskins fans would take Bryant over any WR we have. So would the owner.

But then again we have a culture in DC established by the owner that its usually greener on some one elses roster.

I like Crowder, but I dont think he is better than Bryant, and Im not that into the Steelers to make a call on Juju. Crowder in the slot had the potential to become dominant. In fine washington tradition, we have begun the coach any natural talent out of him process by trying to move him to the outside where I think he is not a good fit.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sold on Allen either. In fact I’m not sold on any of the top QBs as cant miss prospects.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden’s offense is predicated on quick, timing passes and requires a qb to many times throw to a spot where the receiver will be. Success often depends on reading the defense pre snap. Jackson has never done that. Jackson has been running a read option offense exclusively where he reads his cue post snap then reacts accordingly. His offense is often split wide, stretching the defense, and usually leaving a LB, DE, or S to try and stay with Jackson. So his cue is to hand off, rollout, or run, all based on a single read. As you can imagine, the opportunity for a talent like Jackson to see running opportunities is huge. These same opportunities will not be nearly as available in the NFL.
Can he adapt? Sure, but history dictates that it is a long shot and will take years of practice and errors. Most never make that transition.

There you go using logic again.

Shame I say, shame on you

vnm7i.jpg

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right on Bryant, but that woukd only continue the tradition of overpaying tor inevitable underproduction.

Crowder is a fantastic wr, Bryant is not. Shuster is a rookie.