• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

teams in the KC race this off season

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If crowderbis fantastic and juju a rookie why r the stats similar? Especially when juju wasn’t involved half the year?!?

Let's see....

because the Steelers have Bell and Brown for opponents to focus on
because Big Ben can get the ball to everybody
because the Steelers weren't devastated by the injury bug like the redskins were
because Crowder wasn't a focus of the offense before Pryor sucked and got hurt, Jordan Reed got hurt, Thompson got hurt, and then Kelly got hurt
because Cousins was always trying to get Doctson involved
because when the offensive line got decimated by injuries, KC had to shift his focus to shorter passes, which complement Grant (possession wr) and Crowder (great short yardage back).

is that enough reasons for you?

Like I said: The Steelers have a great, consistent team. Just because Brown is awesome and so is Bell doesn't make the other wr's any good.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosen.. Fits, Darnold if he comes out.. Fits... Allen.. with a whole lot of coaching might fit.

Jackson with 4000 yards rushing in three years.. Does not fit. Thats more rushing yards per season than some Running backs get. Marinate on that. For a QB this is NOT a good thing.

Why does his rushing matter? Just drop that from the equation. What matters is does he fit as a passer. Which for the record I don't think any of us can say definitively. But I'd trust him too more than I would Allen that's for sure.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see....

because the Steelers have Bell and Brown for opponents to focus on
because Big Ben can get the ball to everybody
because the Steelers weren't devastated by the injury bug like the redskins were
because Crowder wasn't a focus of the offense before Pryor sucked and got hurt, Jordan Reed got hurt, Thompson got hurt, and then Kelly got hurt
because Cousins was always trying to get Doctson involved
because when the offensive line got decimated by injuries, KC had to shift his focus to shorter passes, which complement Grant (possession wr) and Crowder (great short yardage back).

is that enough reasons for you?

Like I said: The Steelers have a great, consistent team. Just because Brown is awesome and so is Bell doesn't make the other wr's any good.
i disagree with most of your points, but agree to disagree sir:suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does his rushing matter? Just drop that from the equation. What matters is does he fit as a passer. Which for the record I don't think any of us can say definitively. But I'd trust him too more than I would Allen that's for sure.[/Qi

i honestly thhink sans rosen, the better passers are not the top 3-4 guys

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you are totally ignoring the team you are hoping he goes to. How can you in any rational train of thought NOT see this as a possible, and maybe TOTAL repeat of 2012?? And yes I know Griffin was rookie of the year, lead us to a division title.. blah blah blah...

But come on man. You really think its a good idea to try and force this fit?? All bringing him here does is line Jay gruden up to be fired.

Yes JAckson is a better QB than Allen.. but no one is excited about his passing ability. Its 100% about how exciting he WOULD be.

I mean...I guess? But that artgument is essentially "lets not have a star QB because Snyder will corrupt him". So you're basically intentionally taking a worse QB. If you're that convinced Snyder will ruin things just give up honestly.

I dont see it as lining up gruden to be fired. I see it as doing our best to give him a talented QB (assuming cousins is gone already obviously).

Some people are excited about his passing ability. I think it's certainly more encouraging than Allens.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ehb5 The only thing you could tell me where i would think it was even a marginal idea to bring Jackson to Washington was.... we got him in the third round.. after trading down.. and Dan Snyder was in a Coma and Bruce got fired, and we had a real GM.

Even then I would question it.

Lol. That's how I feel about Allen.

Which fwiw I would give you a lot less shit if that's how you felt about both of them.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does his rushing matter? Just drop that from the equation. What matters is does he fit as a passer. Which for the record I don't think any of us can say definitively. But I'd trust him too more than I would Allen that's for sure.

Because without his just shy of 4000 ards and 50 TDs rushing over the past three years... he is only slightly better than Allen as a QB. Because if he wasnt an electrifying mobile QB, he would be considered an average college QB.

Make no mistake Allen is in the conversation for two reasons, Size and Arm strength.

Jackson gets a sets at the table for one reason

eef8fb515ebd8c031f048e52ed0bf5b3

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he can’t do it, only that he never has. And history dictates that the probability is he won’t ever make the transition. Most don’t. So is that worth risking a 1st rd pick on? I wouldn’t and my bet is that many GMs feel the same way at this point.

True but that's also true of every rookie QB. A lot of them never figure the nfl out.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. That's how I feel about Allen.

Which fwiw I would give you a lot less shit if that's how you felt about both of them.

I dont want either in the first round. I especially dont want Jackson in the first round.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because without his just shy of 4000 ards and 50 TDs rushing over the past three years... he is only slightly better than Allen as a QB. Because if he wasnt an electrifying mobile QB, he would be considered an average college QB.

Make no mistake Allen is in the conversation for two reasons, Size and Arm strength.

So we'r in agreement Jackson has been a better passer than allen...

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...I guess? But that artgument is essentially "lets not have a star QB because Snyder will corrupt him". So you're basically intentionally taking a worse QB. If you're that convinced Snyder will ruin things just give up honestly.

I dont see it as lining up gruden to be fired. I see it as doing our best to give him a talented QB (assuming cousins is gone already obviously).

Some people are excited about his passing ability. I think it's certainly more encouraging than Allens.

In the vaccum of space... yes Jackson is a better prospect.

In the reality of Ashburn... the only worse pick we could make for QB than Jackson would be to Draft Vita Vea and make HIM our starting QB.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also Jackson ain' getting shit for his rushing ability as evidenced by this conversation. Too many people view that as a negative rather than a positive. That sure as hell isn't what's putting him in this conversation.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you a fan of?

What for QB, of this team.. in this draft??

As I said, I would take Rosen or Darnold.. but neither will be there unless we trade a lot to move up.

SO basically. no one.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the vaccum of space... yes Jackson is a better prospect.

In the reality of Ashburn... the only worse pick we could make for QB than Jackson would be to Draft Vita Vea and make HIM our starting QB.

I suppose I can live with that lol.

Maybe. But again. If were afraid of everything thats happened here in the past then let' just give up now. Because weve been burned just about every way imaginable.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosen
mayfield- i wanna be but not sold
Riley Ferguson
Drew Lock

Interesting. I don't know much about Ferguson or lock I'll have to look into then.

My favorites are Rosen, Mayfield, and as you may have noticed... Jackson.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose I can live with that lol.

Maybe. But again. If were afraid of everything thats happened here in the past then let' just give up now. Because weve been burned just about every way imaginable.

Well not for nothing, but we do have a shot at going into uncharted territory here.

Resign Kirk, remain stable, use the draft to bolster the line (defense or Offense) And realize that yea, we wont be able to go all make it rain in FA THIS year, but we are not repeatng failed experiments and expecting different results. :hope:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well not for nothing, but we do have a shot at going into uncharted territory here.

Resign Kirk, remain stable, use the draft to bolster the line (defense or Offense) And realize that yea, we wont be able to go all make it rain in FA THIS year, but we are not repeatng failed experiments and expecting different results. :hope:

Hey I'm with ya man. Id love to see that happen.