• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team name update.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question... Given the entire list, was there one that had some connection to the past? Heritage? Or any of the things that Jason Wright mentioned as prerequisites to the renaming? I don't recall the entire list, but it might have been fun listing and eliminating them because they didn't meet those standards.
maybe wolves (redwolves ) warriors WFT but the rest are just PC bitch names

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than going from cleveland indians to cleveland guardians.

Commanders > Guardians, though admittedly, its a low bar.

Is commanders better than football team though?

I say yes.

Redskins is clearly the best name, then red wolves then commanders then football team.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get how red wolves, feathers, spears, is offensive. I would have been excited to at least keep the spear logo helmet. These jerseys better be Jetson Family legit

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than going from cleveland indians to cleveland guardians.

Commanders > Guardians, though admittedly, its a low bar.

Is commanders better than football team though?

I say yes.

Redskins is clearly the best name, then red wolves then commanders then football team.
Though I disagree that Commanders is better than Guardians (generic > lame), I tend to agree that Commanders is a little better than WFT, but if you're gonna change the team name, a small improvement shouldn't be acceptable.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though I disagree that Commanders is better than Guardians (generic > lame), I tend to agree that Commanders is a little better than WFT, but if you're gonna change the team name, a small improvement shouldn't be acceptable.

I agree, Congrats on a good season that came up just a little bit short

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever the name will be. Bet this. Those that cried the loudest and spent day after day scolding the rest of us on just how offensive and ugly the Redskin name actually was will be the same ones who will be on here laughing the loudest at the new name whatever it is. Instead of commending the name they will mock along with everyone else. Its what we call in the business,, fake people. Could be a long long day on Wednesday

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bothers me is I am a member of several Skins related social media sites and blogs and I never saw one fan say Commanders. Not one. So what was the fan poll about? They took us for a ride if it's Commanders.
It was Dan's way of letting you think he cared about you. We should all know Dan has never cared about any of us.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, it's going to be "Redwolves!"
well that would have indicated there 2 year hunt for the perfect name that fans wanted and were included in actually ws not the complete Fing farce that it actually was.
As a Navy man I could never and will not support the Commmies.
my dad was a Commander before switching to an FS grade in the Foreign Service. at least in the military there is no worry of a 'nickname' other than SIR, lol
Whatever the name will be. Bet this. Those that cried the loudest and spent day after day scolding the rest of us on just how offensive and ugly the Redskin name actually was will be the same ones who will be on here laughing the loudest at the new name whatever it is. Instead of commending the name they will mock along with everyone else. Its what we call in the business,, fake people. Could be a long long day on Wednesday
thats the narrative that many will run with to be sure.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have some balls. Fvck the PC police
The change has absolutely nothing to do with PC or not having balls, and everything to do with money and the potential loss of it. When it was merely generations of protester's, growing numbers of PC'ers both were summarily ignored. Not until the monies interest applied pressure did the owner change his mind.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am proof that you are wrong at least as far as I'm concerned about this.

I'm for the name change and yet NEVER scolded anyone. My objection is personal, with a family tie to it, and now that it's done, I won't belittle the choice because at the end of the day, my only feeling about it is...RELIEF!!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The change has absolutely nothing to do with PC or not having balls, and everything to do with money and the potential loss of it. When it was merely generations of protester's, growing numbers of PC'ers both were summarily ignored. Not until the monies interest applied pressure did the owner change his mind.
it is a combination of cancel culture gone wild and $$ to me. without the mindset of social pressures, the track record of Snyder and who he is...ad revenue would have never been pulled in the first place. the argument thus falls in my mind as a chicken and egg one.
I am proof that you are wrong at least as far as I'm concerned about this.

I'm for the name change and yet NEVER scolded anyone. My objection is personal, with a family tie to it, and now that it's done, I won't belittle the choice because at the end of the day, my only feeling about it is...RELIEF!!
I have never seen you scold, this is true.

and knowing you as a poster for many yers, Im quite certain you have valid reasons for feeling as you do regarding the name.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen you scold any one individual about this, this is true.

certainly I have read many scoldings from all of us in terms of Danny Boy himself and how he chosen to run this once proud franchise into the ground. you yourself have stated you will never buy any merchandise ever again promoting the team

and knowing you as a poster for many years, Im quite certain you have valid reasons for feeling as you do regarding the name. and I respect that.

there are people likely to feel as you do and they should NOT be clumped in with those who will indeed glom on with the cry of <shame, shame shame> and <hahahaha> remarks as Chiller has said.

sadly this is the state of affairs in todays society. a lack of the ability to civilly debate, a tendency to take things too personally and identifying with a cause so far that rational conversation about certain issues goes off the tracks before they have begun... in my opinion only of course.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are wrong Stymie is right... Fedex ,Nike ,Target Major retail stores is to blame Danny put up great fights for redskins see all the court battles in the past .. But you like the redskins name great but if he would have kept it your looking at no nike or whatever on uniforms no shirt hats other merch sold in stores probably would have been banned from Fox and CBS by now or blurred dots on each players helmets.. I will cheer the commanders same colors as Redskins so this feels like a expansion team thing is B.S

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you got a freaking problem with the new name blame Nike, FedEx boycott all retail stores who put the squeeze on redskins .

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you got a freaking problem with the new name blame Nike, FedEx boycott all retail stores who put the squeeze on redskins .
I agree with you in part coach. Yes, Snyder put up one hell of a fight to keep the name. Snyder couldn't care less about PC. I still believe the minority owners put the sponsors up to that bullshit in an effort to squeeze Dan into selling his share.

Dan doubled down, changed the name, something they didn't expect and now owns the entire thing.

I think the problem with Commanders is that no-one wanted it and he treated us like children with that fake poll.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most will get used to it. Some won't. For me it is more about all the crap that Dan has done over the years. How do you keep rooting for such a turd.