• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team Future Rankings

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda like their 3 guard rotation.

I also think Gallo will be the one traded.

Guy just can't stay healthy.

Gallo, lesser contract and a pick for Love?

Everything else you stated, yup.

They are in fantastic shape, now and down the line.
IMO, Gallinari is a clutch player who is difficult to find a replacement around... Surely he has had missed significant playing time being fighting injuries in his career, but otoh, who the young ones that will be added on forwards and wings can have as a better example that would help their fast development and skills?

I don't think that Love at his age and contract size, would be a good addition for the Thunder to add...

How about Covington?

Schroeder and a couple of picks should get the job done... Robert Covington is also on the right contract to get the Thunder out of the lux tax from this season as well as help the team's transaction to the "new age" for the seasons that it will take.

IMO, they could be looking to rank a couple of seeds higher if they could add Covington this season...

Another good trade for them would be Schroeder + somebody from the bench + a couple of picks for Eric Gordon with the Magic...

Both the Wolves and the Magic are looking for a PG (or combo guard) and are only a few affordable in the market... They should be interested in Schroeder's contract which isn't terribly expensive (not anything like CP3's in any case)...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, after last night, I put them near the top.

Future is very bright.

They can package some of those picks for a difference maker.

Could be.

But, when you look at their best players, CP3 is on his last legs. Gallinari and Adams are good win now players. Schroeder too.

But aside from SGA and those picks, the majority of their core is not young.

Maybe SGA becomes a legit star and they can trade some picks for a second star. Certainly possible.

But it is just as likely that the current core ages out as the new core develops and they max out in the 50 win range. Which is great and all, but why I take issue with giving them the highest future score. I don’t see an obvious pathway to them becoming a legit contender. They can get there, but they will need quite a few breaks to go there way.

I am reserving that score for a team who already has a superstar in place to build around. Like Dallas. Or a team like Miami who has a lot of quality young pieces, a veteran leader in Butler, and a lot of cap space in 2021.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucky's list was pretty messy so I figured I would give my view of the future rankings of various teams. I will give 2 rankings, near term(next 1 to 2 years) and long term(3+ years out) with a 1-10 grade with 1 being Isiah Thomas Era Knicks bad and 10 being 2014 Warriors good.

I'm listing the teams in near term order.

LA Clippers(Near Term- 9, Long Term-3) - This team is a win now team. And they very well may win it all. But they gave up a TON to get that win now chance and given the brittleness of their 2 stars and the picks they gave up, it is hard to see this team being competitive in 5 years)

Milwaukee Bucks(Near Term - 8, Long Term - 6-8) - There are still questions about how playoff ready this team is and whether they will always be a regular season monster that fades in the playoffs as constructed. But they have plenty of talent and a relatively easy change could vault them to title favorites. Long term it will all depend on Giannis and what he chooses to do. He leaves and they will be back to obscurity.

LA Lakers(Near Term - 8, Long Term -4) - Similar to the other LA team they gave up the future for a chance to win a title now. The Lakers could win it this year but probably my No. 3 team in terms of odds. Their long term future is not great given their lack of assets and Lebron's age.

Philly Sixers(Near Term - 7, Long Term - 7) - They have arguably the most talented starting 5 in basketball but they continue to struggle to make it work. OTOH, the team was built for the playoffs so they may never look super smooth in the regular season. They are likely to make some small changes near term. Long term they have 2 elite level talents in Ben and Embiid that they may need to break up to reach their fullest potential. Remains to be seen on that.

Houston Rockets(Near Term 7, Long Term 5) - Harden is incredible but it is hard to see this team having enough horses to beat the LA teams in the playoffs. They gave up a bunch of assets to get Russ their. Going to be tough for them to fill gaps. Long term would be higher if not for Morey's bad image right now because he is a great GM.

Miami Heat(Near Term - 6, Long Term - 6) - They have some nice young pieces in Bam and Herro but their star is a mercurial tricenarian(looked that word up) who has a lot of miles in the odometer. They lost a bunch of assets going forward.

Boston Celtics(Near Term - 6, Long Term - 8) - The Celtics are a really good team but as constructed they just aren't title contenders. They are asking way too much from guys like Kanter. Long term Brown and Tatum are 2 great pieces to have and give them a lot of optimism.

Denver Nuggets(Near Term - 6, Long Term 7) - Deep roster that will win a lot of regular season games. It's unclear how dedicated Jokic is to reaching his max potential though and they need that to have a chance. Lots of depth but no real No. 2. But all that depth gives them plenty of assets to move to build in the future.

Utah Jazz(Near Term -6, Long Term 6) - Really nice collection of talent but there are lots of questions about whether Gobert is a playoff caliber star. The Jazz could be a 50+ win team for the next 3 years and never get past the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Toronto Raptors(Near Term 6, Long Term - 8) - Raptors have some really nice pieces. Siakim is a budding star. But this team is back to being a good regular season team that has dim title hopes. But they have a bunch of contracts clearing up and an aggressive GM who has shown an ability and willingness to make big moves.

Indiana Pacers(Near Term 5, Long Term 6) - The Pacers are stuck in pretty good basketball purgatory. Not bad enough to be able to draft a superstar, not good enough to really threaten for a title. They have some nice pieces though.

Dallas Mavericks(Near Term 5, Long Term 8) - Doncic looks like a guy that will be a 1st team All-NBA player for a lot of years. Ziggy is still a candyass so it's hard to believe that he will somehow stay healthy long enough for this team to be a real title threat. But you can't deny the potential over the next 5-8 years if they can get lucky with a player or two.

OKC Thunder(Near Term 5, Long Term 9.5) - You have to be impressed with how the Thunder have been playing. Given up your two best players. Get a treasure trove of picks back plus SGA and Chris Paul. They are a 1st round exit team but given they have something like 15 1st round picks over the next 7 years, they are going to have a LOT of bites at the apple.

Brooklyn Nets(Near Term 5, Long Term 7) - They have no chance this season but who knows next year. Of course their chances live purely on whether Kyrie can ever learn to be a good teammate. It's possible certainly but I don't love the odds.

Orlando Magic(Near Term 5, Long Term 6) - OK team team Hell. Not enough talent to take it to the next level. But they have some pieces they could work with and if Fultz ever remembers how to shoot, who knows?

New Orleans Pelicans(Near Term 5, Long Term 7) - We still have to see what Zion can actually do in the NBA. But the Pels have turned it around pretty nicely and have a nice mix of young players and vets.

San Antonio Spurs(Near Term 4, Long Term 4) - Pop has a year maybe two left. The cupboard looks pretty bare. They had an incredible run but now they have to live with the transition.

Sac Kings(Near Term 4, Long Term 6) - They have some nice pieces. But they aren't playing nice with each other now. Their front office has been a problem for a long time. So the 6 may be more optimistic than they really deserve.

Portland Trailblazers(Near Term 4, Long Term 4) - Classic example of good team purgatory. They need to blow things up.

Detroit Pistons(Near Term 4, Long Term 5) - Their super expensive star can't stay healthy. No one will take that contract. Looks like Piston fans will just need to wait out the storm for a few years.

Charlotte Hornets(Near Term 4, Long Term 2) - Playing better than I expected but this team has no future.

Memphis Grizzlies(Near Term 4, Long Term 7) - Playing better than I expected and may have hit the jackpot with Morant. Jackson still has loads of potential as well.

Minnesotate T-Wolves(Near Term 4, Long Term 6) - Their long term would be worse if not for KAT. But ultimately they won't be able to keep him unless they can do something dramatic to change things around.

Chicago Bulls(Near Term 4, Long Term 5) - The Bulls seem to be perpetually mired in being a later lottery team. No reason to think that is going to change.

Washington Wizards(Near Term 3, Long Term 2) - Also playing better than I expected. But they have an albatross of a contract that will screw them for the foreseeable future.

New York Knicks(Near Term 3, Long Term 2) - This team is screwed until Dolan finally sells them

Cleveland Cavaliers(Near Term 2, Long Term 2) - Not much to get excited about here. Their best player is about to get traded and their young guys have not exactly lit the world on fire.

Atlanta Hawks(Near Term 2, Long Term 6) - They are going to be forever crucified for trade Doncic for Young. Young is a pretty good player. Might make an all star team. Doncic is a transcendant player. Seems like this team is barely trying right now.

Golden State Warrirors(Near Term 1, Long Term 6) Hard to know what Klay and Steph will look like a year older with a largely new team. But they will have a Top 4 pick and whatever they can get for trading Russell.

Impressive work. Truly. I feel like Dallas could be a 9 with that Euro kid. That was a name people passed that will haunt them. Luca dreams

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impressive work. Truly. I feel like Dallas could be a 9 with that Euro kid. That was a name people passed that will haunt them. Luca dreams

Yeah. He's a special talent for sure. But they gave up a bunch of draft picks and are relying on Porzingas to stay healthy which has been a bad bet so far in his career.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. He's a special talent for sure. But they gave up a bunch of draft picks and are relying on Porzingas to stay healthy which has been a bad bet so far in his career.
If a fake magician makes predictions of injuries looking on his bought from a damaged goods basket crystal ball, then he should put Embiid and the Sixers last in his ranking.

Not using the same criteria that should be applied on all teams the same, is pathetic.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a fake magician makes predictions of injuries looking on his bought from a damaged goods basket crystal, then he should put Embiid and the Sixers last in his ranking...

Still butthurt that people preferred my rankings to yours I see.

Have you completely given up on trying to be coherent?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still butthurt that people preferred my rankings to yours I see.

Have you completely given up on trying to be coherent?
I don't give a fuck how the handful of idiots that post in this forum value your ranking...

Just answer the Q I quoted you for...

"Have the Mavs players been more prone to injuries than the Sixers? Are they in a worst financial situation or have less assets/picks"?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a fuck how the handful of idiots that post in this forum value your ranking...

Clearly you do because you came into this thread full of insults and continued on with incoherent rants.

Just answer the Q I quoted you for...

"Have the Mavs players been more prone to injuries than the Sixers? Are they in a worst financial situation or have less assets/picks"?

You realize I put the Mavs ahead of the Sixers in my long term outlook, right? Or have you lost the ability to read as well?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Pistons(Near Term 4, Long Term 5) - Their super expensive star can't stay healthy. No one will take that contract. Looks like Piston fans will just need to wait out the storm for a few years.

Charlotte Hornets(Near Term 4, Long Term 2) - Playing better than I expected but this team has no future.

So, how exactly do the Pistons have a brighter future than the Hornets??? Simply because you simply hate Jordan? :scratch:

Nice effort but the content here sucks. Sorry.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you do because you came into this thread full of insults and continued on with incoherent rants.

You realize I put the Mavs ahead of the Sixers in my long term outlook, right? Or have you lost the ability to read as well?
You rated the Mavs with 8 and the Sixers with 7, while if you use the same criteria, the Mavs are 9-10 and the Sixers no more than 3...

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, how exactly do the Pistons have a brighter future than the Hornets??? Simply because you simply hate Jordan? :scratch:

The Hornets have the worst ranking (2) because
They have the Worst owner, the worst GM and their youth sucks...

Especially that guy Devonte' Graham, is terrible... When he will be a free agent, nobody will want him and he will go to China...

The rest of players are a bit better, but still, all will be heading to China.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. Yeah. Clearly that's a huge issue.

The Hornets have nothing in the cupboard. The Pistons at least could move Drummond for some assets.

The Hornets are over the cap by a sizable margin for the next 2 seasons. They are paying Nick Batum and Terry Rozier 45 million next year.

But, sure, if you like we can change the Hornets and the Pistons to both having a long term rating of a 3.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Yeah. Clearly that's a huge issue.

The Hornets have nothing in the cupboard. The Pistons at least could move Drummond for some assets.

The Hornets are over the cap by a sizable margin for the next 2 seasons. They are paying Nick Batum and Terry Rozier 45 million next year.

But, sure, if you like we can change the Hornets and the Pistons to both having a long term rating of a 3.

:doh:LOL... 3 for the Hornets now... Financials are bad because .... They own Batum and Rozier 45M :L!!!

Conclusion: Anyone that is not paying the lux tax but has a salary filler on an expiring contract the size of which can land back a Top-10 All-Star, has bad financials!

Man... You are pathetic or an utter idiot, or both!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh:LOL... 3 for the Hornets now... Financials are bad because .... They own Batum and Rozier 45M :L!!!

Conclusion: Anyone that is not paying the lux tax but has a salary filler on an expiring contract the size of which can land back a Top-10 All-Star, has bad financials!

Man... You are pathetic or an utter idiot, or both!

What in the WORLD are you talking about?

Can you translate your "conclusion" into English? How does someone convert an expiring contract into a top 10 All-Star?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't insulted you... have I?

I only called you a fake magician with a crystal ball bought from a damaged goods basket, only said you are pathetic and called you an utter idiot!

It's all one can conclude out of your own O/P and the answers you give, as well well as the justification you use to back up your "conclusions".

:clap:
[/QUOTE]

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't insulted you... have I?

I only called you a fake magician with a crystal ball bought from a damaged goods basket, only said you are pathetic and called you an utter idiot!

It's all one can conclude out of your own O/P and the answers you give, as well well as the justification you use to back up your "conclusions".

:clap:
[/QUOTE]

You would understand it if you wasn't an idiot!

What an idiot!

@trojanfan12 See this is what happens when interesting trolls like @WiggyRuss, who can formulate a coherent argument, disappear. We are stuck with this sort of nonsense.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@trojanfan12 See this is what happens when interesting trolls like @WiggyRuss, who can formulate a coherent argument, disappear. We are stuck with this sort of nonsense.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, man. I'm kinda enjoying this...:heh: