• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TC 2023 thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who are you and what have you done with duke , :D dean you sneaky guy :eek:
Lol....

Nice one.

I am still waiting for you to do that history Channel documentary on grant and how he shaped modern military tactics...

Take a sabbatical and get it done man!!!

Sportster will do the opening and narration.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-12? Walter said the o-line will be worst this year than last. What? If the interior oline produces and we get QB production, we will be fine.
and if , IF was a 5Th we all would be drunk dean . pretty shaky to count on both "ifs " coming through with a harder schedule . its possible but do i count on it ?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-12 seems too negative to me, even with a harder schedule.

I dont know what the commanders will do, but I have a hard time seeing them as three games worse than they were last year .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 6 to 8 wins as being a safe bet . I think if everything goes well with limited injuries, a good start ,and if the defense is as advertised then 10-11 wins could be in play . I will be more solid when I see TC and preseason Games

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if , IF was a 5Th we all would be drunk dean . pretty shaky to count on both "ifs " coming through with a harder schedule . its possible but do i count on it ?

The schedule wasn't that easy last year. We don't know what will happen this year with the schedule. 5 wins is a very low blow from Walter.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 6 to 8 wins as being a safe bet . I think if everything goes well with limited injuries, a good start ,and if the defense is as advertised then 10-11 wins could be in play . I will be more solid when I see TC and preseason Games

this is why i love the over at 6.5. If we go below 6 wins the offense and Defense would have to implode and I dont see that happening this year. Jsut my opinion. I wouldn't put that much stock in pre-season games.

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here we go. You repeatedly told everyone here that we would reach 11 wins last year partly due to the fact we had the easiest schedule. Even when confronted about it, you dismissed it as usual. Same with wentz.

Predictions aren't your thing. Also, the agenda posting is exhausting. You want the team in the playoffs and sidestep and ignore common sense. We will all have to put up with posting each week about your season predictions and how close you are to getting it right.

You can copy and paste your yearly summary of how the season will go each year. You claim we will have a winning season each year even though it's been 7 years since we have had a winning record. I have no clue what motivates you to post here at all.

Last edited:

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m starting to worry even more about eb, according to the qb show it showed Nagy as the offensive guru last season. Of course Reid was the main one

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m starting to worry even more about eb, according to the qb show it showed Nagy as the offensive guru last season. Of course Reid was the main one
I like EB but something doesn't add up with him. He was in KC for so long and never had an opportunity to leave even though he was the OC for the best offense in the NFL. He didn't get any college jobs either. He literally took a lateral position to come here. Yes, he got a new title, but it was oretty much a lateral position.

Having lived in KC, several of my friends said he was not really wanted in KC and apparently the team was glad he left according to beat writers. Nagy was hired pretty quickly and there was no real fight to keep EB it appears. I have no clue what any of that means. Reid spoke highly of him, but what did he really do in KC? Not much it appears.

The Eagles OC got a HC job after a year or 2 running the Philly offense, yet, EB can't get a HC after 5 years in KC? Perhaps he doesn't interview well or perhaps Reid torpedoed his references. He should have gotten either an NFL or college HC gig years ago. In today's NFL, OCs from productive offenses get snatched up quickly. That is not the case with EB. I hope he does well, but I am not going to believe he will light up the league until he shows it. In all his years in KC, he never called plays. Reid is an elite play caller, but I find it odd that Reid never showed any trust in EB and turned over some playcalling over to him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like EB but something doesn't add up with him. He was in KC for so long and never had an opportunity to leave even though he was the OC for the best offense in the NFL. He didn't get any college jobs either. He literally took a lateral position to come here. Yes, he got a new title, but it was oretty much a lateral position.

Having lived in KC, several of my friends said he was not really wanted in KC and apparently the team was glad he left according to beat writers. Nagy was hired pretty quickly and there was no real fight to keep EB it appears. I have no clue what any of that means. Reid spoke highly of him, but what did he really do in KC? Not much it appears.

The Eagles OC got a HC job after a year or 2 running the Philly offense, yet, EB can't get a HC after 5 years in KC? Perhaps he doesn't interview well or perhaps Reid torpedoed his references. He should have gotten either an NFL or college HC gig years ago. In today's NFL, OCs from productive offenses get snatched up quickly. That is not the case with EB. I hope he does well, but I am not going to believe he will light up the league until he shows it. In all his years in KC, he never called plays. Reid is an elite play caller, but I find it odd that Reid never showed any trust in EB and turned over some playcalling over to him.
I have agree you have to wonder why it took him so long to get another job. That is fair. As a fan you have to hope that he offers more than Turner, even if only for one year.

I am not worried about KC or what Philly is doing. At the same time we have a new owner coming is so as I have said before he was announced this year is a crap shoot.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have agree you have to wonder why it took him so long to get another job. That is fair. As a fan you have to hope that he offers more than Turner, even if only for one year.

I am not worried about KC or what Philly is doing. At the same time we have a new owner coming is so as I have said before he was announced this year is a crap shoot.
it really is and in some ways its a lost year . new owner means new ways of doing things so he might want to bring in his team to move forward . it could take years to turn it around as this franchise is in a distressed situation

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it really is and in some ways its a lost year . new owner means new ways of doing things so he might want to bring in his team to move forward . it could take years to turn it around as this franchise is in a distressed situation
Agreed.

My focus is NOT on the field at this time. To me, turning around the team, culture, and winning the trust of the fans is the most important goal. I know Dean and a few others are excited about this year, but I could not care less. In the grand scope of things, 2023 will be known as the season that Snyder left. We can only go up from here I feel.

I am not going to get involved with Dean's season predictions for a number of reason, but the main one is that the season is already a huge success for me because Snyder is gone.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder what it is about him that has prevented teams from hiring him away in a lateral move (except WSH) or hiring him as a HC?
I am not going to blindly trust EB or tell the world that he will put up 50 points a game; however, I am rooting for him.

This is an interesting article that provides some facts to contemplate. I do not think racism is the main reason why EB has not been hired, but how would I know? A few points of the article that are interesting:

At this point in his career, Bieniemy has been interviewed for head-coaching jobs 16 times by 15 NFL franchises, according to USA Today’s data. (The Jets have interviewed him twice.) Whatever process these teams are using to select coaches besides Bieniemy is not working: Only three of the 16 coaches (Bruce Arians, Brandon Staley, and Zac Taylor) picked over Bieniemy since 2019 have made the playoffs, while seven (Adam Gase, Urban Meyer, Nathaniel Hackett, David Culley, Brian Flores, Joe Judge, and Matt Rhule) have been fired. You may notice that some of the coaches hired instead of Bieniemy make the list of the absolute worst hires in NFL history.

Being the offensive coordinator of a team in the Super Bowl is generally a pretty good way to get an NFL head-coaching job. Of the last nine OCs in the Super Bowl besides Bieniemy—both winners and losers—five are now NFL head coaches. (Brian Callahan is still the Bengals OC; Byron Leftwich has since been fired by the Buccaneers.) We could also include Zac Taylor, who landed the Bengals job after serving as QB coach for the 2018 Rams. But Bieniemy has been the OC in three Super Bowls in four years, has won two rings, and still has no head-coaching job.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash