• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TC 2023 thread

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i enjoyed reading that snyder,s bullshit move most likely wo,nt delay the ownership vote.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what it is about him that has prevented teams from hiring him away in a lateral move (except WSH) or hiring him as a HC?
I am not going to blindly trust EB or tell the world that he will put up 50 points a game; however, I am rooting for him.

This is an interesting article that provides some facts to contemplate. I do not think racism is the main reason why EB has not been hired, but how would I know? A few points of the article that are interesting:

At this point in his career, Bieniemy has been interviewed for head-coaching jobs 16 times by 15 NFL franchises, according to USA Today’s data. (The Jets have interviewed him twice.) Whatever process these teams are using to select coaches besides Bieniemy is not working: Only three of the 16 coaches (Bruce Arians, Brandon Staley, and Zac Taylor) picked over Bieniemy since 2019 have made the playoffs, while seven (Adam Gase, Urban Meyer, Nathaniel Hackett, David Culley, Brian Flores, Joe Judge, and Matt Rhule) have been fired. You may notice that some of the coaches hired instead of Bieniemy make the list of the absolute worst hires in NFL history.

Being the offensive coordinator of a team in the Super Bowl is generally a pretty good way to get an NFL head-coaching job. Of the last nine OCs in the Super Bowl besides Bieniemy—both winners and losers—five are now NFL head coaches. (Brian Callahan is still the Bengals OC; Byron Leftwich has since been fired by the Buccaneers.) We could also include Zac Taylor, who landed the Bengals job after serving as QB coach for the 2018 Rams. But Bieniemy has been the OC in three Super Bowls in four years, has won two rings, and still has no head-coaching job.

i dont think the default should be to racism . i think the main thing is who was calling the plays ? (reid ) and whose offense is it? (reids ) the thing about hiring an HC is does the GM/owner have the same vision . ownership must have a vision and he must hire a team president and GM who embrace the vision and then get a HC who embraces it . as a motivator of men and a guy who can execute a system i think EB is right there at the very top . i think what gives people pause is can EB call a game , game in and game out ? can he develop and execute game plans ? i think the answers will be in the positive when given a chance .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eb is gotta be a lot better than turner was.
i absolutely think he will be however it has to be shown he is . we will know pretty early if he is or not and preseason should give us a glimpse

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think the default should be to racism . i think the main thing is who was calling the plays ? (reid ) and whose offense is it? (reids ) the thing about hiring an HC is does the GM/owner have the same vision . ownership must have a vision and he must hire a team president and GM who embrace the vision and then get a HC who embraces it . as a motivator of men and a guy who can execute a system i think EB is right there at the very top . i think what gives people pause is can EB call a game , game in and game out ? can he develop and execute game plans ? i think the answers will be in the positive when given a chance .
I agree with what you are saying.

I advocated a "wait and see" approach with EB because nobody really knows anything about him.
During one of his tirades, Dean criticized me for not being "loyal" enough to EB. I don't blindly give my loyalty to coaches who haven't proven anything. That irritated Dean and he publically me out for not automatically trusting EB the day he was hired. We should support the team yes, but if we hired Bozo the Clown to be the head coach, I am not going to start claiming it was a brilliant move and we should all get on board. Just my opinion. We need to see what EB can do with calling plays and game planning before blindly trusting him.

I was further reprimanded when I didn't want to automatically give EB GM duties. Dean claims that EB is qualified and should be the offensive GM of the team. I disagreed with that as it literally makes no sense and is not a practice in the current NFL.

Hopefully, EB does well, however, I have no idea what to expect. Apparently, he is not moving the overall needle as the win prediction from pundits and Vegas remains so low. Again, I am not worried about the win/loss record this year. I am worried about 3 things and 3 things only:

1. Harris/Magic take over and start to transform the culture, fan experience, public perception, and operations of the team.
2. Sam Howell makes progress and proves himself to be the future QB of this team.
3. Rivera gets fired.

I am sure my goals for the organization are different than others and that is fine. I am much more concerned with the leadership/ownership at the top instead of "sneaking" into the playoffs. One of those statements is a long-term statement while the other one is completely short-term.

Last edited:

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EB is a hardass, so maybe that is preventing him from getting a head coaching job.

Also, since everybody knows how awesome Reid is, its possible EB couldnt get a job bc teams felt that he didnt anything impt in KC, and rode Reid’s coattails. “Guilty by association,” and all that.

That’s possible too.

It’s doubtful that EB would stick around as long as he did in his position on Reid’s staff and be useless, like Zorn. I think Reid is too smart for that. So EB’s floor ia higher than Zorn, (in my opinion). Admittedly, that’s a really low bar.

Turner’s offense was maddening in its design and playcalling. I dont think Scott Turner put too many players in positions to be successful. If EB can do that, he could prove to be better than Scott Turner. That would be great, and remains to be seen.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EB is a hardass, so maybe that is preventing him from getting a head coaching job.

Also, since everybody knows how awesome Reid is, its possible EB couldnt get a job bc teams felt that he didnt anything impt in KC, and rode Reid’s coattails. “Guilty by association,” and all that.

That’s possible too.

It’s doubtful that EB would stick around as long as he did in his position on Reid’s staff and be useless, like Zorn. I think Reid is too smart for that. So EB’s floor ia higher than Zorn, (in my opinion). Admittedly, that’s a really low bar.

Turner’s offense was maddening in its design and playcalling. I dont think Scott Turner put too many players in positions to be successful. If EB can do that, he could prove to be better than Scott Turner. That would be great, and remains to be seen.
That could be it but Nagy and Pederson were also Reid OCs or offensive position coaches and they got jobs after 1 or 2 years.

Turner simply didn't have the experience to be an OC in my opinion. He was an OC for 4 games with Rivera in CAR and that was the extent of his experience as an OC. He was a QB and WR position coach under his father at a few stops.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy and Pederson might interview better, might not be hardasses, or might simply be white, or none of the above or all of the above.

I think it’s right to be skeptical that EB is going to make a huge difference, but I think its also right to be skeptical that he wont or at least cant make a huge difference too.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy and Pederson might interview better, might not be hardasses, or might simply be white, or none of the above or all of the above.

I think it’s right to be skeptical that EB is going to make a huge difference, but I think its also right to be skeptical that he wont or at least cant make a huge difference too.
I thought he was going to get the Colorado job before they hired Mel Tucker. He is royalty in Boulder.
If Deon falls on his face, EB might be their first choice.

From rumors in KC, EB didn't get along with all the players. Rumors are rumors though. Publically, Mahomes and others have been professional and complimentary of EB...except McCoy.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lets hope this isn’t the RG3 hype video shit and it turns out he didn’t study or improve his technique

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he does, 9 sacks in three isn't causing many problems and he is still wearing the big knee sleeve.