• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taylor Mays to be traded?!?

CGregg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
“@AdamSchefter: 49ers sent out a mass email this afternoon to teams around the league to try and trade safety Taylor Mays.”

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers trying to trade mays

Twitter

Twitter

Def thinks he deserves more time, even though we do have a lot of safeties. Does this mean goldson is coming back?

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can feel a Goldson signing coming soon. If we can get some good value in return I'm all for it.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“@AdamSchefter: 49ers sent out a mass email this afternoon to teams around the league to try and trade safety Taylor Mays.”

Beat me to it lol.

Crazy, i feel he deserves some more time here for sure. We do have a good amount of safeties though. Goldson is probably coming back then.

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
name sounds familiar... eagles might've tried to get him during that draft.

edit: eagles picked allen instead of him last year. thats why it sounds familiar.

CGregg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm sure a big part of this is because of how well Reggie Smith has been doing in camp. According to multiple reports, he is looking extremely well and is all over the field.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing. Took the 49ers brass one year to figure out what I and many others here repeatedly said about Mays' ability to play. At this point what are they expecting to get back, a 5th round pick? Just keep him and see what he has to offer in the future.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If true, I guess this would confirm that Mays was a Singletary selection all the way? I know a few were curious if it were him or Baalke.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
damn, fast post.

not surprising though. hated the mays pick from the start. very overrated player coming out of college.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
from profootball talk:

"The San Francisco 49ers want to trade safety Taylor Mays, and they want every NFL team to know he’s available.

Adam Schefter reported this afternoon that the 49ers sent out an e-mail to every team in the league to try to trade Mays. One front office of another team told Schefter it has never seen a team just mass e-mail a trade availability like that.

It would be interesting to know whether the Seahawks have any interest, considering that Seahawks coach Pete Carroll was Mays’ coach at USC. Mays was furious at Carroll last year when the Seahawks didn’t draft him.

The 49ers drafted Mays in the second round last year, No. 49 overall, and he played in 16 games, starting six. But the new regime apparently isn’t as high on Mays as the old regime in San Francisco was, and after signing safety Madieu Williams, the 49ers apparently view Mays as expendable."

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing. Took the 49ers brass one year to figure out what I and many others here repeatedly said about Mays' ability to play. At this point what are they expecting to get back, a 5th round pick? Just keep him and see what he has to offer in the future.

i agree, not sure we will get great value back for him. Might as well keep him and see what happens.

Wanna bet eagles are on the phone for this, lol.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kind of going off what I said, per Barrows:

re: Schefter's Tweet. Now we know what Mike Singletary and Trent Baalke were arguing over in the 2nd RD on draft day last year.

CGregg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I doubt his trade value is anything close to what they used to draft him. Who knows though Cowboys have added some safeties, but still seem to have a hole there. Al Davis may come calling too! Lol

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I completely agree. At this point the 49ers would never get the value back, so they might as well move forward and see what he might offer. Unless his attitude went to crap because Takeo Spikes is gone, I remember seeing a few Youtube videos posted last year with those guys doing some sort of camp diary for Mays.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt his trade value is anything close to what they used to draft him. Who knows though Cowboys have added some safeties, but still seem to have a hole there. Al Davis may come calling too! Lol

When a team shops someone that aggressively, it pretty much destroys any chance of getting much of anything back. A smart GM would just wait for the 49ers to cut him and try to get him on waivers.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course not. Unless players distinguish themselves immediately, their value depreciates right after being drafted. The only position that might be immune to this is QB. Mays will most likely go for a 5th round pick, MAYBE a 4th.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Gotta say, this makes me slightly nervous. I know the guy has struggled in coverage, but he seemed to have a chip on his shoulder after being passed over by Carroll in the draft. I can recall several practice reports stating that, when he wasn't running with the 1's, he was in the DB coach's hip pocket asking questions.

Decisions shouldn't be made this way, but imagine how much it would it suck to write him off so quickly, only to see him flourish elsewhere? I've gotta think I'm basing this off of his physical gifts, though. But if we're really trying to trade him, I can't see us getting value for him at this point, so it might be worth giving him more of a shot.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Mays and a third for Asante :)

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting the feeling that Dashon was Baalke's guy. Singletary was the one who wanted Mays. Baalke is probably doing this to free up some job security for Goldson and get him signed. If we can get a 4th rounder what the hell. Better than him rotting on the bench diminishing his value.