• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taylor Mays a Bengal

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's the problem. Mays might be ok as a guy who plays centerfield, but he can't cover 1-on-1, and Nelson has the same issue, as well as Crocker. None of our safeties can cover a WR by themselves.

This has been the issue for years. And is exposed consistently because we have ZERO pass rush...which has also been an issue for years...Who Dey!

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep. Marvin and Mike are satisfied with safeties with coverage issues. Sure, they can hit, but if they get burnt for long TDs twice a game, who cares if they make one nice hit per game.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the Jets game. Whan the 1st team D was in they were all over Sanchez, in his face every play even on 3 step drops.

Yeah. I did. I also know that it is going to take more than one PRE-SEASON game for the DL to prove itself. They were TERRIBLE last year at pressuring the QB and sacks. I do expect them to be better, but until they start showing that they can do it with the lights on (and not some fake game) then I'll give them some more love.

Until then...in the vernacular of the ghetto...or Jwill....They ain't shown me ish! LOL

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tubbs will tell you how last season they were getting great pressure when Dunlap was in the lineup. That's a fact in his opinion.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Dunlap did finish with 9.5 sacks...that is pressure.

The thing is...they need to get more out of the other DE spot AND the DT's. It has to be a collective effort.

Also, the LB's have to be able to cover a TE. That is the safety valve of every QB, and one of the reasons why the defense gives up so many passing yards and long drives. Just when you think they have him, a TE slips out and makes a big catch.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when you think they have him, a TE slips out and makes a big catch.

This.......the last linebacker we had that I remember could cover a TE was Reggie Williams, and that was 20+ years ago......

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, Dunlap did finish with 9.5 sacks...that is pressure.

The thing is...they need to get more out of the other DE spot AND the DT's. It has to be a collective effort.

Also, the LB's have to be able to cover a TE. That is the safety valve of every QB, and one of the reasons why the defense gives up so many passing yards and long drives. Just when you think they have him, a TE slips out and makes a big catch.

Sack numbers do not tell even half the story. Our pressure last season, even with Dunlap and Atkins in the lineup, was inconsistent at best. Sure, when they did get pressure, they got to the QB. But most of the times when they weren't reaching the QB, the pressure was non-existent and the QB would have all day to throw.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As mentioned, our other DE position was a black hole. Geathers is terrible, MJ wasn't good, Odom was hurt. We got nothing from the other DE and our DTs weren't really pass rushers.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As mentioned, our other DE position was a black hole. Geathers is terrible, MJ wasn't good, Odom was hurt. We got nothing from the other DE and our DTs weren't really pass rushers.

And this is my point.

The other DE position has to step up. MJ will be at DE full time now, so let's see what he can do full time. He's got long arms/reach and freakish quickness off the ball. Maybe not bouncing back and forth will allow him to get some good pass rushing stats.

And bingo on the DT's. When you are rotating guys in for specific plays, Atkins and Dunlap on 3rd and long, teams are able to better scheme for that. The pressure is needed on 1st and 2nd down as well. That is where starting Atkins and MJ at DE might help out a lot more....the pressure isn't just about getting sacks, but forcing turnovers in the 2ndary and less completions dued to hurried throws.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This has plagued this team forever. QBs have time to sit and pick apart our defense. Even with one of the best CB duos in the league, we couldn't do anything. No CB can cover guys for the amount of time they were given.

MABUS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mays is Jewish can anyone name the last football player who was Jewish and made a probowl?

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got me on that one MABUS,i just hope Mays makes this team better and doesn't become a sore thumb! We need progress and we need it now! So lets hope for a decent season and not alot of injuries! WHO DEY!!!!!!!! :)

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I did. I also know that it is going to take more than one PRE-SEASON game for the DL to prove itself. They were TERRIBLE last year at pressuring the QB and sacks. I do expect them to be better, but until they start showing that they can do it with the lights on (and not some fake game) then I'll give them some more love.

Until then...in the vernacular of the ghetto...or Jwill....They ain't shown me ish! LOL

I agree with this 100%

That being said I have liked what I've seen from MJ and Atkins so far, even if it is only preseason. I think Pat Sims played well at times last year. would like to get a look at the line with him and Carlos in there. Need those 2 healthy

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hooray for meaningless exhibition games!...Where the Bengals have been slaughtered in 2 of the 3 contests and faced the Panthers in the 3rd. Things are lookin up!