• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"tAnnual" your top 5 most despised programs

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey BUSC, I saw a Idaho Vandals decal on a car earlier. Vandal On!

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a long period of time during which Wisconsin only had arguably the greatest collegiate fight song and little else. Accomplishments on the gridiron were few. Badger fans faithfully gathered outside of Camp Randall, tailgated, and then hustled into the stadium for the band's pregame show. After the anthem, there was the kick-off, and then folks would head to the facilities or the concessions and visit with friends in other sections. Seats were filled and rapt attention given to the band's halftime show. Afterwards, once again, fans were free to move about, but as time expired, folks hustled back to there seats and settled in for the 5th quarter - the band's post-game show. As the final notes faded, and the band marched off the field, fans filed out of the stadium, said their goodbyes, piled into their vehicles and headed home.

It was during this time that I payed my visits to the Wisconsin campus. Yes, there was much to admire about the endearing, friendly fans who faithfully assembled for each home game's band performance. The scariest thing about Madison back then was the preponderance of early development among teenaged girls. High School sophomores, freshman even already sporting 34Cs, with more to come...

Then, in 1990, Barry Alvarez became the coach, and things began to change. No longer was football an afterthought for the fans filling Camp Randall's seats. The Badgers in helmets and pads began to claim more attention that those in woolen uniforms carrying horns and drums. On Wisconsin! indeed.

who are you?

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The penalties were not based on the violations. If they were then other schools who were caught doing essentially the same thing would have received similar penalties. However no school before or after received anywhere near the level of sanctions USC received for the same or similar violations.

OK, we're back in bitching mode. Suck it up, move on. ND was on probation, and lost scholarships, and we got over it. The lesson is, if you get caught, don't go the coverup route.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC (even if they're irrelevant)
LSU (even if they're irrelevant)
Wherever Urban Meyer Is
Wherever Nick Saban Is

Oregon

i like that. and will adopt it.

Virginia
West Virginia
Wherever Urban Meyer Is
Wherever Nick Saban Is

a fifth one is going to take more thought...

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey BUSC, I saw a Idaho Vandals decal on a car earlier. Vandal On!

Very cool.

For quite a few years, I've called the ULM Warhawks the "P40s." I've even written to the schools suggesting they seek funds to acquire, spiff up, and install a Curtiss P40 outside of their stadium. Maybe I'm prescient, or maybe I've anonymously spun up some viral thing, but the other day I espied a p/u with a ULM sticker (with the hawks head behind the "L") next to a depiction of a P-40. I had to smile.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU
UVA
USCw
Florida
Michigan

Those would be the 5 teams that I either hate or would be cheering for whoever they are playing against.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saban-on-guitar-o.gif

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For quite a few years, I've called the ULM Warhawks the "P40s."

Hello. My name is Tin Man, and I'm a Vols fan. I confess to slumming amidst the Sunbelt games during Tennessee's Dooley years. ESPNU, FSN, the Alt channels... One could find a game between two regional schools lacking any investment and feel no pain. At this time, I took an interest in the ULM P40s with Kolton Browning under center.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. UVA
2. WVU
3. UNC
4. Miami
5. FSU

WVU
Ohio State
UVA
Miami
UNC

i like that. and will adopt it.

Virginia
West Virginia
Wherever Urban Meyer Is
Wherever Nick Saban Is

a fifth one is going to take more thought...

WVU
UVA
USCw
Florida
Michigan

Those would be the 5 teams that I either hate or would be cheering for whoever they are playing against.

:clap: We only win 2 games a season, but the hatred is piling up :yahoo:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap: We only win 2 games a season, but the hatred is piling up :yahoo:

Obviously there isn't a reason to hate your football team. 10 in a row makes for a pretty boring 'rivalry'

UVA sucks because it is the only school where their fans think lacrosse success > football success

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I-D-A-H-O - Idaho Idaho go go go!!!!

Do you mind telling me your connection to the dUI Vandals, BUSC? I'm just curious more than anything because Northern Idaho is a sparsely populated part of the country and they've obviously sucked balls for the last 15 years. You don't see many Idaho fans out there, especially these days. Did you go to school there?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously there isn't a reason to hate your football team. 10 in a row makes for a pretty boring 'rivalry'

UVA sucks because it is the only school where their fans think lacrosse success > football success

:lol: 10 in a row and 14 out of 15 does suck from my side.

You got to be proud of what your team does, and having a top notch Lacrosse team is good. But does anybody outside of St. Johns, Syracuse Maryland, Navy and UVA notice?:L

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you mind telling me your connection to the dUI Vandals, BUSC? I'm just curious more than anything because Northern Idaho is a sparsely populated part of the country and they've obviously sucked balls for the last 15 years. You don't see many Idaho fans out there, especially these days. Did you go to school there?

Yep, I was born and raised in Boise Idaho. Graduated from Borah High School and then did my undergraduate up in Moscow (Idaho). A little while after graduating I moved down to Southern California to get my masters (USC).

I just went to my nieces wedding up in Moscow in May, campus still looks the same, beautiful but really hard to get to.

When I was a kid I used to go to all of the Boise State football games with my dad, but as soon as I got there I'd hop the fence and go down by the warm up field and play football. As long as we never crossed the track it was ok. Now I think they've covered over all that area with seats.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I was born and raised in Boise Idaho. Graduated from Borah High School and then did my undergraduate up in Moscow (Idaho). A little while after graduating I moved down to Southern California to get my masters (USC).

I just went to my nieces wedding up in Moscow in May, campus still looks the same, beautiful but really hard to get to.

When I was a kid I used to go to all of the Boise State football games with my dad, but as soon as I got there I'd hop the fence and go down by the warm up field and play football. As long as we never crossed the track it was ok. Now I think they've covered over all that area with seats.

Nice. My older brothers and sisters graduated from Borah High back when they used to dominate the state. By the time I got to high school, Borah sucked in football. They were horrible, so I went to Bishop Kelly instead. I wish I could say that it was an academic decision because it's such a good school, but it absolutely was not!