• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"tAnnual" your top 5 most despised programs

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. My older brothers and sisters graduated from Borah High back when they used to dominate the state. By the time I got to high school, Borah sucked in football. They were horrible, so I went to Bishop Kelly instead. I wish I could say that it was an academic decision because it's such a good school, but it absolutely was not!

Yeah, we were still ok when I played at Borah, lost in the state semi-finals. But nothing like when my brothers went there.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, how can any CFB fan not have at least a sympathetic liking for the Idaho Vandals? Orphaned by conference realignment and facing possible demotion to the FCS, they play in an over-sized quanza hut called the Kibbie Dome that seats ~16K. Their 2009 Humanitarian Bowl victory over Bowling Green was among the most exciting bowl games ever, the winning score being a 2-point coversion with 4 seconds on the clock.

In the spirit of disclosure, a niece of mine is a Idaho alum.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously there isn't a reason to hate your football team. 10 in a row makes for a pretty boring 'rivalry'

I keep saying the same thing with Washington. 10 in a row. Then I realize it's the Washington freaking Fuskies and I feel ok about despising them.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, how can any CFB fan not have at least a sympathetic liking for the Idaho Vandals? Orphaned by conference realignment and facing possible demotion to the FCS, they play in an over-sized quanza hut called the Kibbie Dome that seats ~16K. Their 2009 Humanitarian Bowl victory over Bowling Green was among the most exciting bowl games ever, the winning score being a 2-point coversion with 4 seconds on the clock.

Try not to laugh, but their bowl win over Southern Miss in 1998 was a really exciting game too.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try not to laugh, but their bowl win over Southern Miss in 1998 was a really exciting game too.

Ah, Southern Miss... Always willing to take a paycheck game at an SEC school and have the audacity to play to win.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As an Idaho alum I take pride in a lot of things others would find laughable. I think its cool that Idaho Football dates back to 1893 and despite all they have against them they've been there every year since (excluding the second world war).:yahoo:

And of course back-to-back victories over Washington State in 1999 and 2000. :yahoo:

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, Southern Miss... Always willing to take a paycheck game at an SEC school and have the audacity to play to win.
The only game I went to Knoxville for was Southern Miss in 2008?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very cool.

For quite a few years, I've called the ULM Warhawks the "P40s." I've even written to the schools suggesting they seek funds to acquire, spiff up, and install a Curtiss P40 outside of their stadium. Maybe I'm prescient, or maybe I've anonymously spun up some viral thing, but the other day I espied a p/u with a ULM sticker (with the hawks head behind the "L") next to a depiction of a P-40. I had to smile.

Amazing, as being an aviation guy, I've always thought the same thing. A Warhawk can only mean one thing, Curtis P-40.

And with the shark's teeth, started first on the P-40A and B Tomahawks in the North African desert British/South African planes, then the Flying Tigers' Tomahawks and later Warhawks in China.

But I always envisioned that head-hunter motif on Warhawks later in the CBI.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Idaho alum I take pride in a lot of things others would find laughable. I think its cool that Idaho Football dates back to 1893 and despite all they have against them they've been there every year since (excluding the second world war).:yahoo:

And of course back-to-back victories over Washington State in 1999 and 2000. :yahoo:

I attended both of those, they were glorious. Also had the misfortune of going last year....that was ugly. And as long as we're listing most hated programs:

1. BJC
2. Wazzu
3. BYU
4. Montana

Only really have 4, but that's probably the most unusual list you'll see in this thread.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I attended both of those, they were glorious. Also had the misfortune of going last year....that was ugly. And as long as we're listing most hated programs:

1. BJC
2. Wazzu
3. BYU
4. Montana

Only really have 4, but that's probably the most unusual list you'll see in this thread.

Boise Junior College. That's pretty good. Be thankful we don't play you losers anymore so you don't have to continue to get embarrassed every year in the "rivalry."

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise Junior College. That's pretty good. Be thankful we don't play you losers anymore so you don't have to continue to get embarrassed every year in the "rivalry."

It appears I've rustled your jimmies. You said "we", does that mean you are one of the 6% that actually graduated?

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears I've rustled your jimmies. You said "we", does that mean you are one of the 6% that actually graduated?

dUI Vandulls isn't exactly a higher institution of learning either. And I'm an ASU alum.

It's all good. I just hate U of I. Always have, always will. It's weird though. These days they're such a joke, I almost feel sorry for them, almost.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dUI Vandulls isn't exactly a higher institution of learning either. And I'm an ASU alum.

It's all good. I just hate U of I. Always have, always will. It's weird though. These days they're such a joke, I almost feel sorry for them, almost.

Eh, it's no Stanford or U Dub but it does pretty well considering the small endowment and of course being a public school in the state of Idaho. Football team is bad, but athletics in general were pretty good last year.

I actually never really got the hate for BSU until I physically went down to Boise and later heard a bunch of horror stories from some of the U of I faculty that used to work at the U of I Boise campus. Kustra doesn't help anything either.

Did you actually attend BSU though? Just asking since you said you're an ASU alum.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, it's no Stanford or U Dub but it does pretty well considering the small endowment and of course being a public school in the state of Idaho. Football team is bad, but athletics in general were pretty good last year.

I actually never really got the hate for BSU until I physically went down to Boise and later heard a bunch of horror stories from some of the U of I faculty that used to work at the U of I Boise campus. Kustra doesn't help anything either.

Did you actually attend BSU though? Just asking since you said you're an ASU alum.

I was born and raised in Boise. Our family had/has season tickets and we used to travel to half or more of the road games growing up. That was back when Boise was FCS and in the Big Sky. When I was a kid, Idaho kicked our ass every season, ran up the score, and gloated in it. Boise fans hate U of I and I realize that the feeling is mutual. No love lost there.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born and raised in Boise. Our family had/has season tickets and we used to travel to half or more of the road games growing up. That was back when Boise was FCS and in the Big Sky. When I was a kid, Idaho kicked our ass every season, ran up the score, and gloated in it. Boise fans hate U of I and I realize that the feeling is mutual. No love lost there.

You don't have to tell me man, I've seen some shit. :suds:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. BYU
2. Hawai'i
3. Nevada
4. Fresno State
5. San Diego State- they're quickly rising up my list

Purdue just missed the list, they're a very inferior Big 10 program

Last edited by a moderator:

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best games I've been to was MTSU vs Idaho in 2001. MTSU won 70-58. That was a fun game, lol.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best games I've been to was MTSU vs Idaho in 2001. MTSU won 70-58. That was a fun game, lol.

Had to listen to that one on the radio, but I just remember thinking "How the hell do you have your QB throw for 600+ yards and 5 TDs and lose?" You have Tom Cable coaching your team, that's how. Still can't believe that guy has a Super Bowl ring now.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. BJC
2. Wazzu
3. BYU
4. Montana

I made Sport's Center for my first Idaho WSU game. It was our centennial anniversary game where Idaho lost 41-7 so I was one of the goat Idaho fans ESPN ripped on. :L