• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"tAnnual" your top 5 most despised programs

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
90 was our first-ever win against Clemson. I think 91 ended in a tie. It must have been 89 you are talking about.

I looked it up, the 29-28 game was in 1992 and in Scott Stadium, so I couldn't possibly have been there.

I must have been thinking of the 91 game in Clemson, which was the 20-20 tie, and maybe yall jumped out to a lead in that one, too.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
texico
usc
florida
boise st
lsu

...each, save texico, will be supplanted by another team as soon as we get revenge.

For what it's worth I hate you all (Chokelahomo) too, Occupant. Still respect you though. Probably hate the Suckeyes even worse than y'all though if that were even possible.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because SMU fans are the only ones who bitched about it as much as USC fans. Other schools take their penalties and move on. I didn't even hear Ohio State fans bitch that much, and they complain about everything. I wasn't on the committee that came up with the sanctions, I do know that everyone said USC did not assist in the investigation (just like SMU), so maybe that had something to do with it. Or maybe because it wasnt just football, It was also basketball, and some womens' sport. There's probably a reason that Davis is no longer the AD, and it's probably not because he was such an upstanding guy. In any event, I'm sure you would like to believe that everyone on the committee wanted to let SC go with no sanctions, but Missy demanded that they get hammered. That way, we can blame it on Missy and ND.

First you are mistaken, USC did fully assist in the sanctions. "The committee determined that the cooperation exhibited by the institution met its obligation under Bylaws 19.01.3.3 and 32.1.4." (page 56)" However your belief that USC did not assist is a common misconception.

Basketball was also separately and heavily sanctioned. The women's program you are speaking about was a girl from the tennis team making phone calls home, the women's tennis team was also separately sanctioned. If the penalties were harsher on the football program due to what was going on in the other sports then they should have been harsher at UNC where they also had multiple sports involved.

Davis was fired because he handled the situation poorly. Because Davis is an ass doesn't give the NCAA cause to treat USC unfairly. At the time of the original sanctions the rules governing penalties were for the penalties given out to follow precedence. When USC received their sanctions and pointed out that there was no precedence for the penalties allotted out the NCAA changed the standard to unique.

You probably do not hear other schools complaining since they really have nothing to complain about. Within a five year period of USC's penalties numerous schools had equal or greater offenses and received far less or no penalties. Including Florida where Tank Black paid multiple players through out the 90's to sign with him as an agent while in college. The exact charges USC was brought up on, except in Florida's case Tank Black was charged with tampering with college athletes and sent to prison, while Florida suffered no penalties of any sort. You could look at Oklahoma who had two players being paid by a booster, they played for at least one full season including a bowl win. Oklahoma did lose 3 scholarships but had no wins vacated, and no bowl ban. I could go on.

IF you are claiming USC's penalties are fair and just I was just asking you to come up with a different program that suffered similar penalties for similar infractions. If you are claiming Missy Conboy was able to be fair and unbiased in the case then why did she consider herself too biased to vote on the TV ban? (Remember it was Missy Conboy herself, who claimed she was too bias to vote on the TV Ban).

If you are claiming that the penalties USC received were fair and just why is the NCAA fighting so hard to keep the documents sealed? Why not just open up the files and show the world it was fair?

The sanctions USC received were in not fair nor were they just and the person on the committee with the most to gain by heavily sanctioning USC was Missy Conboy.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First you are mistaken, USC did fully assist in the sanctions. "The committee determined that the cooperation exhibited by the institution met its obligation under Bylaws 19.01.3.3 and 32.1.4." (page 56)" However your belief that USC did not assist is a common misconception.

Basketball was also separately and heavily sanctioned. The women's program you are speaking about was a girl from the tennis team making phone calls home, the women's tennis team was also separately sanctioned. If the penalties were harsher on the football program due to what was going on in the other sports then they should have been harsher at UNC where they also had multiple sports involved.

Davis was fired because he handled the situation poorly. Because Davis is an ass doesn't give the NCAA cause to treat USC unfairly. At the time of the original sanctions the rules governing penalties were for the penalties given out to follow precedence. When USC received their sanctions and pointed out that there was no precedence for the penalties allotted out the NCAA changed the standard to unique.

You probably do not hear other schools complaining since they really have nothing to complain about. Within a five year period of USC's penalties numerous schools had equal or greater offenses and received far less or no penalties. Including Florida where Tank Black paid multiple players through out the 90's to sign with him as an agent while in college. The exact charges USC was brought up on, except in Florida's case Tank Black was charged with tampering with college athletes and sent to prison, while Florida suffered no penalties of any sort. You could look at Oklahoma who had two players being paid by a booster, they played for at least one full season including a bowl win. Oklahoma did lose 3 scholarships but had no wins vacated, and no bowl ban. I could go on.

IF you are claiming USC's penalties are fair and just I was just asking you to come up with a different program that suffered similar penalties for similar infractions. If you are claiming Missy Conboy was able to be fair and unbiased in the case then why did she consider herself too biased to vote on the TV ban? (Remember it was Missy Conboy herself, who claimed she was too bias to vote on the TV Ban).

If you are claiming that the penalties USC received were fair and just why is the NCAA fighting so hard to keep the documents sealed? Why not just open up the files and show the world it was fair?

The sanctions USC received were in not fair nor were they just and the person on the committee with the most to gain by heavily sanctioning USC was Missy Conboy.

Damn, is there a bitching gene.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In summary then Missy Conboy was too biased (by her own admission) to be on the panel.

If she refused to vote on the ban, then why does SC blame her for the mess they were in.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only portion of the ban she refused to vote on was the t.v. ban. She voted on the rest.

Because ND would be directly impacted by a decision regarding the tv ban. Seems like the responsible and ethical thing to do. So I can see why you wouldn't understand.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because ND would be directly impacted by a decision regarding the tv ban. Seems like the responsible and ethical thing to do. So I can see why you wouldn't understand.

Are you claiming ND wasn't directly impacted in recruiting and head to head competition by the rest of the items she voted on?

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State
Appalachian State
University of Nike-Eugene
San Diego State
Arizona State

Basically any university with state in its name, except Michigan State. I like the for some reason, probably a Michigander thing.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you claiming ND wasn't directly impacted in recruiting and head to head competition by the rest of the items she voted on?

I'm saying that she can look at the evidence and make a determination as to whether or not she feels that the rules were broken. As to the penalties involved, had there been prescribed penalties for specific violations, she probably would not have refused to vote. In a situation where there are no recommended penalties, and the voters had a say in how harsh the penalties would be, it was the prudent decision to recuse herself from this portion of the process. Again, it seems to me that she made the correct decision in every aspect of this situation.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying that she can look at the evidence and make a determination as to whether or not she feels that the rules were broken. As to the penalties involved, had there been prescribed penalties for specific violations, she probably would not have refused to vote. In a situation where there are no recommended penalties, and the voters had a say in how harsh the penalties would be, it was the prudent decision to recuse herself from this portion of the process. Again, it seems to me that she made the correct decision in every aspect of this situation.

I am glad we are in agreement with the main point. For the entire penalty phase there were no recommended penalties, and the voters had a say in how harsh the penalties were, therefore, based on your statement above it would have been the prudent decision to recuse herself from the process.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad we are in agreement with the main point. For the entire penalty phase there were no recommended penalties, and the voters had a say in how harsh the penalties were, therefore, based on your statement above it would have been the prudent decision to recuse herself from the process.

Determining the guilt or innocence of the people involved was a simple finding of fact. The penalties were based on the violations, and prpbably would have been found regardless of who was voting. The potential penalties that would have a direct impact on ND she did not participate in. To say that any penalty involving recruiting would also affect ND is rediculous. The same thing could be said of any school in the country that offers scholarships to college athletes. By your logic, no representative from a BCS school could vote on the penalties imposed on any other BCS school.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Determining the guilt or innocence of the people involved was a simple finding of fact. The penalties were based on the violations, and prpbably would have been found regardless of who was voting. The potential penalties that would have a direct impact on ND she did not participate in. To say that any penalty involving recruiting would also affect ND is rediculous. The same thing could be said of any school in the country that offers scholarships to college athletes. By your logic, no representative from a BCS school could vote on the penalties imposed on any other BCS school.

The penalties were not based on the violations. If they were then other schools who were caught doing essentially the same thing would have received similar penalties. However no school before or after received anywhere near the level of sanctions USC received for the same or similar violations.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas
Texas
Texas
Texas
Texas

Bunch of entitled cheaters who killed two conferences!:nod:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU
Ohio State
UVA
Miami
UNC

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas
Texas
Texas
Texas
Texas killed two conferences!:nod:
TROLLOLOLOLOL.gif

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin is the most lovable team in the nation!

There was a long period of time during which Wisconsin only had arguably the greatest collegiate fight song and little else. Accomplishments on the gridiron were few. Badger fans faithfully gathered outside of Camp Randall, tailgated, and then hustled into the stadium for the band's pregame show. After the anthem, there was the kick-off, and then folks would head to the facilities or the concessions and visit with friends in other sections. Seats were filled and rapt attention given to the band's halftime show. Afterwards, once again, fans were free to move about, but as time expired, folks hustled back to there seats and settled in for the 5th quarter - the band's post-game show. As the final notes faded, and the band marched off the field, fans filed out of the stadium, said their goodbyes, piled into their vehicles and headed home.

It was during this time that I payed my visits to the Wisconsin campus. Yes, there was much to admire about the endearing, friendly fans who faithfully assembled for each home game's band performance. The scariest thing about Madison back then was the preponderance of early development among teenaged girls. High School sophomores, freshman even already sporting 34Cs, with more to come...

Then, in 1990, Barry Alvarez became the coach, and things began to change. No longer was football an afterthought for the fans filling Camp Randall's seats. The Badgers in helmets and pads began to claim more attention that those in woolen uniforms carrying horns and drums. On Wisconsin! indeed.