• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 3 most despised

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rowland, everything about the guy just pissed me off. Contract, sucky play, the way he walked.. Just. Everything.
And he is utterly adored by Phillies and White Sox fans.

Funny how that works.

At least EVERY fan base that was exposed to AJ hates the dude’s guts.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he is utterly adored by Phillies and White Sox fans.

Funny how that works.

At least EVERY fan base that was exposed to AJ hates the dude’s guts.
I think even Angels' fans don't like him and he never played for them (but had a notorious incident against them in the playoffs).

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think even Angels' fans don't like him and he never played for them (but had a notorious incident against them in the playoffs).
I like the Cubs (Catcher I think) player that socked him in the face.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thread. Rethinking what 'hate' actually means. As far as an athlete goes you really cant hate then based on a performance metric. You can be didappointed in then but hate is a strong response. For me ... they would have to do something that is against my core values. They'd have to be a crappy human being.

On the other side ... on the early 70s i have a memory of Willie McCovey at Shea stadium going WAY WAY OUT of his way to sign a little kids baseball card. Everyone was pushed against the boxseat railings yelling for autographs and whatever. I can still remember this little guy standing in the back of the crowd just looking star struck. McCovey must hane noticed him and called him to the railing for a personal meet and greet. The kid was beyond thrilled and it made me think McCovey was a real good guy ....

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Forgot about quite a few of these .....AJ is on top of course...
The Giants are no strangers to difficult personalities, having fostering the king of them all in Barry Bonds. But Bonds also delivered with his bat, while Pierzynski was mediocre at best. In 128 at bats, he offered a dismal .272 BA to go with 11 home runs and 77 RBI.

Must be a typo. 11 HR and 77 RBI in only 128 at bats?!? That is Nick Lowery territory, no matter what the batting average is. The writer might have meant "games", but he played 131 games for the Giants in his only year with us.

Also, the article mentions Zito (terrible signing), and Kent (being a jerk, and also going to the Dodgers). Not sure Zito belongs on the "hate" list, seemed like a quirky guy more than a menace.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are no strangers to difficult personalities, having fostering the king of them all in Barry Bonds. But Bonds also delivered with his bat, while Pierzynski was mediocre at best. In 128 at bats, he offered a dismal .272 BA to go with 11 home runs and 77 RBI.

Must be a typo. 11 HR and 77 RBI in only 128 at bats?!? That is Nick Lowery territory, no matter what the batting average is. The writer might have meant "games", but he played 131 games for the Giants in his only year with us.

Also, the article mentions Zito (terrible signing), and Kent (being a jerk, and also going to the Dodgers). Not sure Zito belongs on the "hate" list, seemed like a quirky guy more than a menace.
we'd kill for a .272 BA at this point