• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tanguay: Bill Belichick is not the right guy to rebuild these Patriots

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet 6 weeks ago he was "wrong" to doubt him

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.radio.com/weei/sports/patriots/bill-belichick-is-not-right-guy-to-rebuild-these-patriots

It’s over for Bill. He is the greatest coach in the history of all sports, but his inability at the Draft table makes him the wrong guy the job he has held for twenty years. Unless, of course, he hires the 81-year-old Armey out of retirement.

That ain't happening. It's time to find something new.
It's more about his selfish inability to put a bad team on the field has cost this team dearly by forcing them to draft after other teams year upon year.

Everyone examines 1 pick at a time when the whole thing goes way deeper. He values work effort and results over talent. Of course talent with work effort leads to results, but that is what he nurtures. I'd love to know why he took Michele over Chubb, or Harry over Metcalf, but there's a reason and it either has to do with roles relative to players already on the team or some chemistry concerns with the rest of the team. It's not explained by "he sucks at drafting".

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, I almost read past the thread do to it's lead in with "Tanguay". What exactly are his credentials other than being put into a seat? He's the epitome of much us sports media... Just because a microphone is in his face doesn't make the opinion that's heard worth listening.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I almost read past the thread do to it's lead in with "Tanguay". What exactly are his credentials other than being put into a seat? He's the epitome of much us sports media... Just because a microphone is in his face doesn't make the opinion that's heard worth listening.

Yeah he's Stephen A Smith Jr imo

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were discussing this on WEEI this morning and they had a guest from the NFL Network who agreed with half of Tanguay's assessment.

This guy's take was pretty interesting...... First, he thinks that the patriots will finish at 7-9. He also thinks that they will be picking 13th in the draft. He said tat there are two trade possibilities and the first one is the Bengals. They have Burrow as their QB of the future and will be picking #3. Bill should be able to give them #13 and a Third round pick for the #3.

Draft: Bill Belichick should be able to get Fields, Trask or Wilson and take care of the QB position for the foreseeable future. Once that's accomplished, only draft defensive players of need and strengthening the team. Use the $132M in cap space to purchase any and all of the offensive players that he needs.

If BB could somehow pull off the trade, I think I could live with the rest of what this guy said. Bill seems to know what guys fit with his defense. Buying offense or just skill players would seem to be an easy way to do something because of what veterans have shown over time allows a coach or GM to know what they can do and whether or not they would fit.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second trade would be the Chargers because they have Hebert and they don't need a QB. This where a young player like Winovich or Uche might get mentioned and BB would get a #3 or #4 WR .

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to keep his job maybe?????
Abby is back on the Celtics pre-game and post-game shows and Tanguay is trying like hell to find a joib anywhere in the Boston or surrounding market. He had a bout with cancer last year and doesn't want to leave the Boston area because of the success of the people at Dana Farber.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more about his selfish inability to put a bad team on the field has cost this team dearly by forcing them to draft after other teams year upon year.

Everyone examines 1 pick at a time when the whole thing goes way deeper. He values work effort and results over talent. Of course talent with work effort leads to results, but that is what he nurtures. I'd love to know why he took Michele over Chubb, or Harry over Metcalf, but there's a reason and it either has to do with roles relative to players already on the team or some chemistry concerns with the rest of the team. It's not explained by "he sucks at drafting".

Those are solid questions.

But it has to be said that his early picks very rarely work out.

He much more success finding his swiss army knife guys in later rounds.

The team needs some blue chippers though. Desperately and by not being really bad they don't get the shot at the lead pipe cinches in the first 3 or 4 spots.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are solid questions.

But it has to be said that his early picks very rarely work out.

He much more success finding his swiss army knife guys in later rounds.

The team needs some blue chippers though. Desperately and by not being really bad they don't get the shot at the lead pipe cinches in the first 3 or 4 spots.
Typically, the top 14 picks are good. If we draft @ 13, we might get a chance!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanguay fucking sucks. His whole shtick is about saying stupid shit to get a rise out of people and sell ads. I swear NE fans are gluttons for punishment listening to shitheads like him. Even Tom Curran, somebody I always liked, has turned to the negative side of reporting because it sells more ads.

BB has drafted some great players over the years that are now Super Bowl Champions. He's also drafted some duds. So does everybody else.

Moving up in the draft to get a QB would be sweet but it's not Bill's style IMO.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were discussing this on WEEI this morning and they had a guest from the NFL Network who agreed with half of Tanguay's assessment.

This guy's take was pretty interesting...... First, he thinks that the patriots will finish at 7-9. He also thinks that they will be picking 13th in the draft. He said tat there are two trade possibilities and the first one is the Bengals. They have Burrow as their QB of the future and will be picking #3. Bill should be able to give them #13 and a Third round pick for the #3.

Draft: Bill Belichick should be able to get Fields, Trask or Wilson and take care of the QB position for the foreseeable future. Once that's accomplished, only draft defensive players of need and strengthening the team. Use the $132M in cap space to purchase any and all of the offensive players that he needs.

If BB could somehow pull off the trade, I think I could live with the rest of what this guy said. Bill seems to know what guys fit with his defense. Buying offense or just skill players would seem to be an easy way to do something because of what veterans have shown over time allows a coach or GM to know what they can do and whether or not they would fit.
I am not a pro (by ANY stretch of the imagination) on the value of draft picks, but in my estimation #3 is worth more than #13 and a third.
But I do agree.
#13 and a second I would still do it.
Draft defense. And buy some WR's.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanguay fucking sucks. His whole shtick is about saying stupid shit to get a rise out of people and sell ads. I swear NE fans are gluttons for punishment listening to shitheads like him. Even Tom Curran, somebody I always liked, has turned to the negative side of reporting because it sells more ads.

BB has drafted some great players over the years that are now Super Bowl Champions. He's also drafted some duds. So does everybody else.

Moving up in the draft to get a QB would be sweet but it's not Bill's style IMO.
His schtick is to try and create a discussion regardless if there's one there. He feigns controversy and outrage and as I said before, has little basis for his opinions. I have no clue what the guy is like as a person and typically don't wish people to lose their jobs, but anyone who has ever hired this guy must've been too lazy to find someone better, and man it wouldn't take much more than screaming "want a job" out a window to find someone better.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His schtick is to try and create a discussion regardless if there's one there. He feigns controversy and outrage and as I said before, has little basis for his opinions. I have no clue what the guy is like as a person and typically don't wish people to lose their jobs, but anyone who has ever hired this guy must've been too lazy to find someone better, and man it wouldn't take much more than screaming "want a job" out a window to find someone better.

Yep.

But I apparently need to at least temporarily withdraw my Curran criticism. He actually wrote something positive which is a rarity these days.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As soon as Brady left New England Curran turned into a douche

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3