• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T Williams and WR corp

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do you guys feel about TWilliams. ? Do you see him taking on a bigger role or basically just a small increase along with everyone else pitching in. Has he done most of his damage because of the other guys on the field or is a really good 2 WR that will be a 1 someday. I hate to say it but I have never been high on the guy. Sure he has been a nice compliment, but all of a sudden he has to go from the 4rth or 5th option to number 1. I rarely see him get separation unless there is a breakdown. Romo has played with shitty defenses, bad OLines, average RBs , etc- but one thing he has always had is a stud WR to go along with Wit. Whether it be TO, Miles, Dez, hell even Roy- he has always had that along with with a great TE. A lot of the time he had two of those together along with Wit. Now he has an aging good TE along with some question marks.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's time to see how good Romo really is. I don't know how TWill will handle being the MAN, what I do know is Romo has had plenty of WR's look great here, get paid elsewhere and be nothings.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point. I think all the running the ball last year affected his numbers more than anything. His total catches and yards actually decreased from his rookie year. That along with being on the field with Dez , Witten . I do think it was a good thing that Romo didn't have Dez a lot this year in camp.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thinknTWill steps up with the help from Dez motivating him. Twill looks up to Dez & he dont want to let him or the team down..... This is his chance to earn a contract & to be Dez's Robin for years to come.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's time to see how good Romo really is. I don't know how TWill will handle being the MAN, what I do know is Romo has had plenty of WR's look great here, get paid elsewhere and be nothings.
Also get to see how good the coaches are at adjusting the game plan. This team lost Murray and now Dez, but I'd bet the coaches of a lot of teams would gladly trade offensive personnel with Dallas today. They still have a great QB, the best OL in the game, a HOF TE....it may need to look different, but the cupboard isn't bare

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Romo will step up his game and be the catalyst the rest of the season. He is a good field general and that last minute TD drive against NY was textbook football. I have a positive vibe towards this team.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also get to see how good the coaches are at adjusting the game plan. This team lost Murray and now Dez, but I'd bet the coaches of a lot of teams would gladly trade offensive personnel with Dallas today. They still have a great QB, the best OL in the game, a HOF TE....it may need to look different, but the cupboard isn't bare

I agree, it won't be easy, but it's possible to keep chugging along.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leary hurt too. If Collins or MB plays as well as Leary we should still be able to run and this will open up the passing game. We ran the ball a lot last year so everyone's numbers are going to be lower when you do that. We will spread it around and T Will certainly will be one of the main targets, but I wouldn't be shocked if he has no more catches over the next few weeks than Witten or Beasley. Remember how explosive he can be, so maybe one of those slants that otherwise goes to Dez goes his way and he takes it to the house. I understand how important it is to have a guy like Dez because you can throw him the ball even when he isn't open, but there is usually at least one WR open on every play. Romo needs to find the right guy and he did a good job of that week 1.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
many times the game plan dictates the number of touches and said game plan changes weekly.

I expect more two tight sets. Watch Escabar

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leary hurt too. If Collins or MB plays as well as Leary we should still be able to run and this will open up the passing game. We ran the ball a lot last year so everyone's numbers are going to be lower when you do that. We will spread it around and T Will certainly will be one of the main targets, but I wouldn't be shocked if he has no more catches over the next few weeks than Witten or Beasley. Remember how explosive he can be, so maybe one of those slants that otherwise goes to Dez goes his way and he takes it to the house. I understand how important it is to have a guy like Dez because you can throw him the ball even when he isn't open, but there is usually at least one WR open on every play. Romo needs to find the right guy and he did a good job of that week 1.

This is what I'm worried about. I don't know how much of week 1 was because of a soft defense in prevent. Romo went to Dunbar early on that last drive because he was basically the only one in man coverage. I just wonder if the Giants made any adjustments. I mean did they know there was no Dez??? I said yesterday the red zone will take a hit with the loss of Dez. It seemed like Cromartie was in t wills hip pocket all night until those last 2 drives. This is going to likely hurt the running game. I read somewhere the Giants were at times triple covering Dez. A guy on him, a guy over the top and a LB buzzing underneath. If that was the case how did we not run for 200 yards? Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of teams out there with less talented offenses even w/o Dez and MUrray. The problem is I don't think those teams have Super Bowl in their sights. Again this is manageable for 4 to 6 weeks. Anything longer I think it's a huge concern.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
many times the game plan dictates the number of touches and said game plan changes weekly.

I expect more two tight sets. Watch Escabar
I think Escobar is going to have a much bigger role. I liked what they did Monday, they can line him up tight, then split him out, go from a run to a pass look and back, create a size mismatch, and then dump it to Dunbar in space. What makes it work is that Romo looks to be approaching a Peyton Manning type level of calling the checks at the line

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I'm worried about. I don't know how much of week 1 was because of a soft defense in prevent. Romo went to Dunbar early on that last drive because he was basically the only one in man coverage. I just wonder if the Giants made any adjustments. I mean did they know there was no Dez??? I said yesterday the red zone will take a hit with the loss of Dez. It seemed like Cromartie was in t wills hip pocket all night until those last 2 drives. This is going to likely hurt the running game. I read somewhere the Giants were at times triple covering Dez. A guy on him, a guy over the top and a LB buzzing underneath. If that was the case how did we not run for 200 yards? Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of teams out there with less talented offenses even w/o Dez and MUrray. The problem is I don't think those teams have Super Bowl in their sights. Again this is manageable for 4 to 6 weeks. Anything longer I think it's a huge concern.
it wouldn't be football season if your hair wasn't on fire about something.
Whole lotta X's & O's and scheming for favorable match up's in pro football. All about the numbers and it's why QB's communicate who's the mike LB on many pass plays B4 the snap. Numbers!

Best part for Dallas these days?
I like the guys on our sidelines doing the scheming.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Ever since we let Miles go, I have worried about Dez getting hurt. And now it's here

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and I wish I had hair that could be on fire ha. Jk. I still have a little

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do you guys feel about TWilliams. ? Do you see him taking on a bigger role or basically just a small increase along with everyone else pitching in. Has he done most of his damage because of the other guys on the field or is a really good 2 WR that will be a 1 someday. I hate to say it but I have never been high on the guy. Sure he has been a nice compliment, but all of a sudden he has to go from the 4rth or 5th option to number 1. I rarely see him get separation unless there is a breakdown. Romo has played with shitty defenses, bad OLines, average RBs , etc- but one thing he has always had is a stud WR to go along with Wit. Whether it be TO, Miles, Dez, hell even Roy- he has always had that along with with a great TE. A lot of the time he had two of those together along with Wit. Now he has an aging good TE along with some question marks.

I don't worry about separation with him as much as him making the tough catches. Not the sideline, tap your toes catches, but the catches receivers sometimes have to make while making contact. I agree with some other posters. I think Escobar will be a more important player to Dallas in the coming weeks, and I think Dallas would love to keep using their backs in the passing game the way they did the other night. Beasley is another guy I'd look at for increased contributions. I think he's up for the challenge, I just hope his 120 lbs ass doesn't get destroyed out there.