• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T.O. says Eli is Toast. "Writing's on the Wall"

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO is about 3 years too late.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is near the end, but regardless, the man is a legend in his own right.. 2 TD drives to win Super-Bowls, he came through when it counted the most... Both of those Giants playoff runs he played well throughout the entire playoffs...
and both times, his DEFENSES stopped brady etc with the ball at the end of the game.

its a weird narrative because both times, his defenses carried him/them to titles. eli got hot in a playoff run, but his defenses absolutely won those super bowl games.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and both times, his DEFENSES stopped brady etc with the ball at the end of the game.

its a weird narrative because both times, his defenses carried him/them to titles. eli got hot in a playoff run, but his defenses absolutely won those super bowl games.
635905449208210057-EliManning.JPG

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll get some people that disagree he's a HOFer. I think he is. Even if most of his career he was the definition of average. But no QB w/ 50,000+ yards, 300+ TD's, 100+ W's, 2 S.B. rings & 2 S.B. mvp's has been left outta the HOF.

It will take him a little bit of time (unlike his brother) to get in though.

For sure. Peyton is a no doubter 1st round ballet HOF'er...

But all you have to do is put Eli's numbers up against other HOF QB that's NOT in the top 5 of all time... LOL Just regular HOF QB's and he is in.. It will take time like you say..

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But all you have to do is put Eli's numbers up against other HOF QB that's NOT in the top 5 of all time... LOL Just regular HOF QB's and he is in.. It will take time like you say..
in todays modern pass happy, no QB touching NFL...Eli JUST passed 60% completion for his career for the first time. ever.

if hes in, so is plunkett, who also has 2 rings on teams that were defense first...like...ELI!

i hate morons that compare the numbers of those 2 as if it makes some kind of valid point. if eli played in the 70's he'd be a corpse by now, as would most NFL QB's not named maybe cam newton (size alone).

im sure if you gave plunkett todays rules, he'd do surprisingly well.

plunkett has a SB MVP to his name. hes also the only QB to ever win 2 titles for the same team in 2 different cities (oakland, LA)

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you forget to mention that Plex caught the go ahead TD pass with 35 seconds left in the game.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you forget to mention that Plex caught the go ahead TD pass with 35 seconds left in the game.
no, i didnt forget. i SAID the defenses stopped brady etc at the end of those games. i said it in english. they did. do you remember the panic heaves to moss down field, when he COULD have chipped away in chunks, at the end of that game. he missed randy wide open on one.

id like to hear where what i said is incorrect.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't even think it will take time unless Roethlisberger retires after this year as well. I'd say Brady or Brees too, but neither have indicated that they are planning on walking away.

I've been the biggest Eli critic since he gave the Chargers the double bird. But his body of work speaks for itself. There are players less deserving of the HOF than him that are already in.

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, i didnt forget. i SAID the defenses stopped brady etc at the end of those games. i said it in english. they did. do you remember the panic heaves to moss down field, when he COULD have chipped away in chunks, at the end of that game. he missed randy wide open on one.

id like to hear where what i said is incorrect.

Look at Eli's career numbers and look at Kurt Warner career numbers...

Not even close bro... He's in like flynn...

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at Eli's career numbers and look at Kurt Warner career numbers...

Not even close bro... He's in like flynn...

Kurt was at a disadvantage in that the back half of his prime was ruined by the epic beating that Martz put him through with that system that never protected the QB.

The dude took years to get back from that. He never complained about it though.

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurt was at a disadvantage in that the back half of his prime was ruined by the epic beating that Martz put him through with that system that never protected the QB.

The dude took years to get back from that. He never complained about it though.

AND he still made it... 22,000 yards less than Eli!! A lot of quarterbacks don't even throw for 22,000 yards in their career... And Warner is 22,000 yards behind Eli... And growing!!

That's not Eli's fault.. You can't even bend the numbers to show how Eli don't make it..

Look at Troy Aikman numbers!!!... There's a whole shit list of inferior numbers...

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND he still made it... 22,000 yards less than Eli!! A lot of quarterbacks don't even throw for 22,000 yards in their career... And Warner is 22,000 yards behind Eli... And growing!!

That's not Eli's fault.. You can't even bend the numbers to show how Eli don't make it..

Look at Troy Aikman numbers!!!... There's a whole shit list of inferior numbers...

I already said he should be in. Despite me not liking him. You can't keep him out with those numbers and rings. I was more giving a reason for why Warner's numbers aren't as impressive as they could have been.

Aikman, don't get me started on.

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already said he should be in. Despite me not liking him. You can't keep him out with those numbers and rings. I was more giving a reason for why Warner's numbers aren't as impressive as they could have been.

Aikman, don't get me started on.

Let's hear your best Aikman.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one person. TO

And the reporter who asked the question.

Trees falling in forests with nobody there to hear them make no sound........

Which is why twitter should be illegal. Too many ass hats flapping their gums on it.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude has to hold the record for dropped INTs... but I guess its better to be lucky than good.

Ed Zachary.

But good enough twice. Against all odds.

Same fucking team too.

If anything might make Brady lay awake at night it might be that.

Has to be that.

"I lost twice to fucking Eli...."

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year there was a huge outpouring of support for Eli by a lot of old players.

Where are they now?

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That playoff game where they beat the undefeated Pats, OMG yes there was some luck in that game, I'll say that for sure... But lighting struck twice, and the second time it wasn't so much luck, he did what he had to ...
They only scored the league average against the the Patriots d, but gave up about half as many points as the league average to the Patriots o. In other words, the offense wasn't what won them the game.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giants defense was good no doubt, but Eli did have some clutch drives in both of those games... The 1st one admitted there was some luck involved, but the second one he once again down by a couple points late drove the Giants down the field scoring with about a minute left... He made some nice play's on that last drive, gotta give him some credit there...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They only scored the league average against the the Patriots d, but gave up about half as many points as the league average to the Patriots o. In other words, the offense wasn't what won them the game.

But it was Eli staging a last minute drive, again... 90 yard drive down 2 late and Eli made some dam good throws, scored with about a minute left, 90 yard drive in 3 minutes... Eli threw some DARTS! Go to 6.10 of this video, you can't deny Eli man, you just can't ...