• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Joe Burrow "Pull an Eli" on the Bengals?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it happens, I will laugh but I don't see it happening. Burrow is one cocky guy but being from Ohio...I think he will actually love to take on this challenge. The Bengals might have finished with 2 wins but they have some weapons for Burrow. I will say if they don't take the steps to help Burrow and form this into a playoff team, he won't be signed another contract after the 4 years but in 4 years a lot can happen so.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely the Eagles. They are proven to be a QB away from the Super Bowl. Maybe the 49ers as well.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami's 3 1sts are actually more than enough per the draft pick value chart (10% over the 3000 pt value for #1). The Bengals would still potentially be in play for either Tua or Herbert. Of course, the Dolphins would have to want Burrow pretty badly, which they may not, as they could get Tua or Herbert cheaper.

Idt MIA would even need to use all 3 firsts...if this did happen, it would be largely because Burrow made it public he didn't want to be in CIN (thus Bengals losing some leverage).

Unless something comes out negative on Tua's, I think MIA will be content with Tua or Herbert.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It worked for Eli and John Elway? 4 SB Championships and 7 total SB appearances... SD and Indy (before Elway retired) had Zero during that time frame...

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers have playoff wins in the last 30 years along with a new, aggressive owner. It would be a much better situation. The Bengals owner doesn't even care about winning. Burrows career would be over before it even started if he plays in Cincy

You take the narrative from the media too seriously. Mike Brown wants to win as badly as anyone, he is just not willing to overspend on FA's. Most of the time, that is sound advice.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It worked for Eli and John Elway? 4 SB Championships and 7 total SB appearances... SD and Indy (before Elway retired) had Zero during that time frame...

Yeah, a franchise QB changes the landscape and trajectory of an organization, if you get the right one. Which is why the Bengals say no to all trade offers and just draft Burrow.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a franchise QB changes the landscape and trajectory of an organization, if you get the right one. Which is why the Bengals say no to all trade offers and just draft Burrow.

I don't want to see Joe Burrow in the DIV for the next decade, but I agree with you. CIN should pick Burrow.

But it might be a mistake iF MIA comes to them offering #5, #18, #39 this yr, and 2nd rd next yr...2 firsts, 2 seconds

And you still get Herbert.

That might have me re-thinking Burrow.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprising to hear those comments from Bartkowski. Not a fan of strong-arming teams like that, even in what could be the worst situation in the NFL.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprising to hear those comments from Bartkowski. Not a fan of strong-arming teams like that, even in what could be the worst situation in the NFL.

He was 0-3 against the Bengals during his career so he still may be bitter about that... ;)

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to see Joe Burrow in the DIV for the next decade, but I agree with you. CIN should pick Burrow.

But it might be a mistake iF MIA comes to them offering #5, #18, #39 this yr, and 2nd rd next yr...2 firsts, 2 seconds

And you still get Herbert.

That might have me re-thinking Burrow.

There is more to Burrow than just the franchise QB. You are talking about all of southern Ohio rallying behind him, his selfless personality the hometown hero. People in southern Ohio who are Browns and Steeler fans (from his hometown area) are starting to change their colors in anticipation of the Bengals drafting Burrow, and buying Bengals merchandise. Burrow is not even a Bengal yet, and he has already made the organization more than a million dollars in merchandise sales. Now draft the guy, and he may very earn his rookie contract just in jersey sales. If Mike Brown likes money, Burrow is quite literally the teams GOLDEN BOY. The guy who is a franchise QB and backs the Brink trucks up in ticket sales and merchandise sales.

Tua, and Herbert is not going to earn Cincinnati this kind of income like the hometown hero will. He is tough, durable, accurate, selfless, humble, intelligent, charismatic, determined and he is a natural leader that has a side to him that makes fans want to already get behind him and his causes.

You can't draft in Tua and Herbert what Burrow brings to a team, especially in southern Ohio.

Miami would have to give up all 3 first round picks this year and probably alot more to make Mike Brown give up the earning potential of Burrow.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is more to Burrow than just the franchise QB. You are talking about all of southern Ohio rallying behind him, his selfless personality the hometown hero. People in southern Ohio who are Browns and Steeler fans (from his hometown area) are starting to change their colors in anticipation of the Bengals drafting Burrow, and buying Bengals merchandise. Burrow is not even a Bengal yet, and he has already made the organization more than a million dollars in merchandise sales. Now draft the guy, and he may very earn his rookie contract just in jersey sales. If Mike Brown likes money, Burrow is quite literally the teams GOLDEN BOY. The guy who is a franchise QB and backs the Brink trucks up in ticket sales and merchandise sales.

Tua, and Herbert is not going to earn Cincinnati this kind of income like the hometown hero will. He is tough, durable, accurate, selfless, humble, intelligent, charismatic, determined and he is a natural leader that has a side to him that makes fans want to already get behind him and his causes.

You can't draft in Tua and Herbert what Burrow brings to a team, especially in southern Ohio.

Miami would have to give up all 3 first round picks this year and probably alot more to make Mike Brown give up the earning potential of Burrow.

I've already said CIN should take Burrow....I get it the OH connection.

If it's more about a golden boy coming home...they almost have to take him and you would think the feeling would be mutual.

But...this is about winning championships...or it should be and we really don't know how any of these prospect are going to fare as professional QBs. Brown should keep his options open, you never know...MIA might give up all 3 of those picks.:D

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already said CIN should take Burrow....I get it the OH connection.

If it's more about a golden boy coming home...they almost have to take him and you would think the feeling would be mutual.

But...this is about winning championships...or it should be and we really don't know how any of these prospect are going to fare as professional QBs. Brown should keep his options open, you never know...MIA might give up all 3 of those picks.:D

I agree with you. Hard to turn down that kind of draft haul, but when you have the right guy, you have the right guy. The stars are aligning. Will he be a success? No idea.

However, given Brown's track record of 1st round picks, I will err on the side that he would screw up 2 of the 3 at a very minimum. Take the sure damn thing (at least the one thing going to make you money) and just call it a day. That is my opinion.

BTW...I know you said Cincy should take Burrow, I was responding to you and everyone else at the end of this thread as to why Cincy is going to take Burrow, so they may as well get the National Rumors out of their heads.

When Burrow says he has leverage, I believe he is referring to the fact, he has nothing left to prove at the college level, they see what kind of person he is in general, and his dedication to winning and getting better. He has won every where he has been. Therefore, being the #1 pick candidate, he has the freedom to start working on things for the season, instead of working towards a combine. He knows that this is a business, and the Bengals are going to want to do their do diligence before saying, Burrow is our guy. It is pretty obvious he is, but he knows that if the price gets high enough, Cincinnati will have to consider offers for that 1st pick, not that they would take them. So there is a process for the Bengals, a process for Burrow, and if they pick him, they pick him. He is humble enough to know that this process is out of his hands, and he will keep doing what he is doing, because he is going to be an NFL QB, so whoever takes him, he will be ready. I don't think he was referring to leverage as, I am going to hold out until the team I want picks me. I think maybe it was a poor word choice that the National Media trying to cause a storm defined and is running with it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. Hard to turn down that kind of draft haul, but when you have the right guy, you have the right guy. The stars are aligning. Will he be a success? No idea.

However, given Brown's track record of 1st round picks, I will err on the side that he would screw up 2 of the 3 at a very minimum. Take the sure damn thing (at least the one thing going to make you money) and just call it a day. That is my opinion.

BTW...I know you said Cincy should take Burrow, I was responding to you and everyone else at the end of this thread as to why Cincy is going to take Burrow, so they may as well get the National Rumors out of their heads.

When Burrow says he has leverage, I believe he is referring to the fact, he has nothing left to prove at the college level, they see what kind of person he is in general, and his dedication to winning and getting better. He has won every where he has been. Therefore, being the #1 pick candidate, he has the freedom to start working on things for the season, instead of working towards a combine. He knows that this is a business, and the Bengals are going to want to do their do diligence before saying, Burrow is our guy. It is pretty obvious he is, but he knows that if the price gets high enough, Cincinnati will have to consider offers for that 1st pick, not that they would take them. So there is a process for the Bengals, a process for Burrow, and if they pick him, they pick him. He is humble enough to know that this process is out of his hands, and he will keep doing what he is doing, because he is going to be an NFL QB, so whoever takes him, he will be ready. I don't think he was referring to leverage as, I am going to hold out until the team I want picks me. I think maybe it was a poor word choice that the National Media trying to cause a storm defined and is running with it.

Leverage...I don't either.

The fact these people are coming out pf the woodwork say he should hold out or force a trade...that could be feuling the leverage thing.

On the surface...the stars are lining up...local boy wins national title, now 1st pick overall and a So. OH team has the 1st pick.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow will be a bengal IMO

According to Peter King of NBC’s Football Morning in America, when Burrow met with the Bengals last week at the Scouting Combine he “made it clear” he wanted the team to retain free agent wide receiver A.J. Green.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow will be a bengal IMO

According to Peter King of NBC’s Football Morning in America, when Burrow met with the Bengals last week at the Scouting Combine he “made it clear” he wanted the team to retain free agent wide receiver A.J. Green.
Aj stubbed his toe, he out for the first 6 games already.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aj stubbed his toe, he out for the first 6 games already.
but he is on the roster sheet :thumb:

BTW I heard he raised his voice at home & was already out for 2 weeks.