• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Joe Burrow "Pull an Eli" on the Bengals?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do, drafted high, had some nice games............but why or who even thinks hes available
Oh, I don't think he is available. I just think its a decent spot for a young QB.

A lot of these other spots are as bad as the Bengals long-term. I haven't seen as much of Dalton as Steelers fans have but the idea that he led some teams to the playoffs seems like they've had talent in the past and it wasn't really the Andy Dalton show or anything.

Chargers might be a good spot but thats a franchise thats decently loaded with talent and marooned without a fanbase. If they lose some of that talent then maybe they go downhill fast.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's pretty close to his home.

Either way, his other options are pretty bleak. Miami/Cincy are both shit shows, but he gets a great bang for his buck. F LA and California, that place is a shit show and you can kiss like 50% of your paycheck gone right out of the gates (state + fed taxes) with what he'll make.
I believe that Miami has at least shown signs of being competent. For a team that everyone wrote off and thought was going to be one of the worst teams ever, going 5-11 wasn't all that bad. As long as they don't blow it in free agency and with their 5 picks in the first two rounds, I'd say things are looking up for them.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I don't think he is available. I just think its a decent spot for a young QB.

A lot of these other spots are as bad as the Bengals long-term. I haven't seen as much of Dalton as Steelers fans have but the idea that he led some teams to the playoffs seems like they've had talent in the past and it wasn't really the Andy Dalton show or anything.

Chargers might be a good spot but thats a franchise thats decently loaded with talent and marooned without a fanbase. If they lose some of that talent then maybe they go downhill fast.
i got yah, lol i thought i missed something. daltons serviceable, hes above average IMHO. I honestly can name ALOT of qb's id want dalton over, and id get laughed at if i told you some of them! That means I have dalton at, at least top 16. Agree on chargers, and with no qb, both RB's as FA, Keenan allen an injury waiting to happen, Henry possibly gone, and other fa's that downhill COULD be now, or they bring in a vet , resign and keep rolling

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i got yah, lol i thought i missed something. daltons serviceable, hes above average IMHO. I honestly can name ALOT of qb's id want dalton over, and id get laughed at if i told you some of them! That means I have dalton at, at least top 16.
Yeah, top 16 is probably higher than I have him. I'd have him somewhere between 20-25 going into next year.

I realize that the Bengals are 4-23 over the last 27 games, though, and maybe there is something more going on there than just Dalton being subpar.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that Miami has at least shown signs of being competent. For a team that everyone wrote off and thought was going to be one of the worst teams ever, going 5-11 wasn't all that bad. As long as they don't blow it in free agency and with their 5 picks in the first two rounds, I'd say things are looking up for them.

Yet, the Bengals had a complete change over in coaching staff, they are young, getting their routines down, and we had a terrible season of injuries. The Bengals without all the injuries were a 6 to 7 win team, not exactly a bare cupboard with:

AJ Green (possibly)
Tyler Boyd
John Ross
Tyler Eifert (possibly)
Joe Mixon

Our #1 pick last year will be our starting LT this year, a guy that didn't get to play a snap the entire year. Some growth from some young guys out there also on the line.

Our defense only needs a couple good players at LB, and other than that, that is not a bad defense, probably middle of the pack. Just need to open the wallet for 2 solid LB'ers.

The situation is not that bleak in Cincinnati, just as it wasn't so bleak in SF after having the #2 draft pick last year. Don't fool yourselves into thinking Cincinnati is a push over.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, top 16 is probably higher than I have him. I'd have him somewhere between 20-25 going into next year.

I realize that the Bengals are 4-23 over the last 27 games, though, and maybe there is something more going on there than just Dalton being subpar.

However, that is also a Jeff Driskle led Bengals team once Dalton and Green went down for the year. Offensive line was worse than it was last year, plus Eifert and Boyd also got hurt that year as well to end the season. That cupboard was very bare after the injuries in 2018. 2019, a lot of the same thing, except they also had to add a whole new coaching staff and two new playbooks to the mix. Things started getting better as the season wore on. Still need healthy players that are your stars.

A lot of teams have to win despite injuries, and that is where the Bengals are separated from the really good teams, depth. We don't have any, not really. Outside our starters, we lack quality depth, so injuries bite us in the ass more than most.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who you got listed above Dalton's:

70-61-2 Record (That is also including a 2-11 record last year)
62% Completion Percentage
31,594 Yards
7.1 Y/A
204 TD's
118 INT's

I am interested in your top 20-25.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demand to be traded to the Panthers

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't. Besides, who wants to play for the Panthers any more than Cincinnati? Seems about like the same destination to me, minus Brady.

Panthers have playoff wins in the last 30 years along with a new, aggressive owner. It would be a much better situation. The Bengals owner doesn't even care about winning. Burrows career would be over before it even started if he plays in Cincy

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much every mock draft I've seen suggests the Lions will take a CB at #3. That's such a 'Lions' thing to do that it will probably happen.

If they stay at 3 and take Okudah I’ll scream.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...lets look at the options.

Washington: A team that gave up on RG3, Cousins, and now Haskins. Keenum did nothing here. Good luck.
The Jay Gruden effect.

Detroit: They manage to be bad even though they technically have a franchise QB. The Refs actively seem to hate them, too
NYG: Not happening
Miami: The team where everyone gets better when they leave
Chargers: Literally the team Eli Manning was afraid of
Carolina: Went to a Super Bowl with Cam, would expect more from Burrow with a much worse roster

Guessing it'll either be Cincy or Miami unless someone like the Chargers or Panthers trade up which would cost a lot. I don't see how the Lions could stomach drafting Burrow with Stafford eating up so much of the cap. Trading Stafford would result in $25m in dead money against their cap. Seems like their hands are tied and it'd be an act of desperation to draft him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Washington: A team that gave up on RG3, Cousins, and now Haskins. Keenum did nothing here. Good luck.
Detroit: They manage to be bad even though they technically have a franchise QB. The Refs actively seem to hate them, too
Carolina: Went to a Super Bowl with Cam, would expect more from Burrow with a much worse roster

The only way Burrow can really improve his lot in the NFL...one of the playoff teams like NE, NO, would need to literally trade their entire 2020 draft (Mike Ditka style) and probably the most of the 2021 draft. IND might be the team with enough assets.

One deal that possibly could work...trade with MIA...Probably will do no worse than the 3rd QB off the board, and a boat load of picks.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
In the end it doesn't matter what Burrow wants. He will be a Bengal. It would take a lot of Capitol to trade up to get him from the Bengals. So for those of you that are speculating on him going to other teams - what would that team have to give up to get him?
For Instance, Would the Bengals take Cam and McCaffrey for Joe Burrow?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What are the assets already in place at each city though? Miami has two talented WRs, but needs a back and at least a LT (but has extra picks). Chargers have receivers and backs, but not the extra picks to move up.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end it doesn't matter what Burrow wants. He will be a Bengal. It would take a lot of Capitol to trade up to get him from the Bengals. So for those of you that are speculating on him going to other teams - what would that team have to give up to get him?
For Instance, Would the Bengals take Cam and McCaffrey for Joe Burrow?

That's insanity. McCaffrey couldn't possibly be on the block for anyone.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way Burrow can really improve his lot in the NFL...one of the playoff teams like NE, NO, would need to literally trade their entire 2020 draft (Mike Ditka style) and probably the most of the 2021 draft. IND might be the team with enough assets.

One deal that possibly could work...trade with MIA...Probably will do no worse than the 3rd QB off the board, and a boat load of picks.

Miami's 3 1sts are actually more than enough per the draft pick value chart (10% over the 3000 pt value for #1). The Bengals would still potentially be in play for either Tua or Herbert. Of course, the Dolphins would have to want Burrow pretty badly, which they may not, as they could get Tua or Herbert cheaper.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you got listed above Dalton's:

70-61-2 Record (That is also including a 2-11 record last year)
62% Completion Percentage
31,594 Yards
7.1 Y/A
204 TD's
118 INT's

I am interested in your top 20-25.
The issue I have listing Dalton's career stats is that his YPA the past three seasons is 6.7, 7.0, 6.6 and during that time he is 14-26. I'm not willing to pull back the sample size as far back as you are. Dalton is also fairly notorious for doing poorly in nationally televised games for whatever reason. I would have Burrow ahead of Dalton for 2020.

What are the assets already in place at each city though? Miami has two talented WRs, but needs a back and at least a LT (but has extra picks). Chargers have receivers and backs, but not the extra picks to move up.
Realistically, Miami and LAC are both in play. If I'm Burrow, I'd rather be in Cinci than Miami, though. The Chargers do have a better roster but that trade would have to be in RG3 territory.

A lot of this comes down to Tua. If Tua is cleared as a potentially healthy guy then I think the idea of trading huge assets for Burrow is off the table.

Last edited: