• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SW to Seahawks

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else here feel uneasy about the Rams drafting Olineman? Why not sign oline FA's and draft defense? :noidea:

If we draft more than one, I'd feel uneasy. Not from a competitive level standpoint, but because we'd have two rookies, plus a second year LT in Robinson starting. I feel with Foles at the helm, the 49ers regressing and the Cards not knowing how Palmer will play after his knee injury, we have a great shot at making the playoffs as a wild card if we have a good offensive line. Signing Wiesnewksi and re-signing Barksdale, coupled with drafting a rookie interior linemen, would solidify our O-line this year.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else here feel uneasy about the Rams drafting Olineman? Why not sign oline FA's and draft defense? :noidea:

Ya, the problem there, is you have to find FA Olineman to sign first":( then obviously you want to draft some defensive backups:)

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know who is gonna play center, left tackle and right tackle for us this season?

That would be Barrett Jones, Greg Robinson and either Jake Long or Joe Barksdale. I think you meant who was going to play Center, Right Guard and Right Tackle though, right?? G Rob is our LT...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine the Seahawks being the top bidder; they'll have to sell him on taking less for a winner. They have some big contracts to dole out in the next year or so (Wilson, Wagner, etc).

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookies are okay & will do fine at the O line spots, just plug 'em in there.... ~ Smed

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisniewski is only visiting Seattle today. He hasn't signed.

As far as whether he'd rather play for the Seahawks or the Rams... well, "allegiance" means jack in free agency.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it all depends on where Fisher and Snead think Barrett Jones is in the equation.:scratch: Jones might be ready to play center or guard.:nod:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we draft more than one, I'd feel uneasy. Not from a competitive level standpoint, but because we'd have two rookies, plus a second year LT in Robinson starting. I feel with Foles at the helm, the 49ers regressing and the Cards not knowing how Palmer will play after his knee injury, we have a great shot at making the playoffs as a wild card if we have a good offensive line. Signing Wiesnewksi and re-signing Barksdale, coupled with drafting a rookie interior linemen, would solidify our O-line this year.

This is how I hope and think they are attacking it. If we don't get Wiz there are still some centers out there. There will be a good guard in the second or third rd.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Based on the Rams past. What makes you think we would have any good luck with signing FA olinemen? I mean if history shows you anything we have had a less than stellar record signing of FA's. The only one that has done OK is Barksdale.

I think this will be Jones year. He should know how to snap a football by now, or at least play Guard. Saffold has proven he can play anywhere on the line. We just need to resign Barksdale and add a couple of guys for depth and we'll be ok. Can't be any worse than last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the Rams past. What makes you think we would have any good luck with signing FA olinemen? I mean if history shows you anything we have had TERRIBLE luck signing FA's. The only one that has done OK is Barksdale. And he is just above average.

I think this will be Jones year. He should know how to snap a football by now, or at least play Guard. Saffold has proven he can play anywhere on the line. We just need to resign Barksdale and add a couple of guys for depth and we'll be ok. Can't be any worse than last year.

I don't know, I was basing it off of our past of drafting Olineman. :gaah: Just a thought.

I am all for 25 year old FA signings on the Oline tho.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, I was basing it off of our past of drafting Olineman. :gaah: Just a thought.

I am all for 25 year old FA signings on the Oline tho.

me too, but it seems like Fisher doesn't like going young...Maybe too expensive?

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an update about Wisniewski and other tidbits from Jim Thomas:

"Stefen Wisniewski update: He's still in Seattle, but told visit to St. Louis is 'very possible'."

"Justin Blalock has left Detroit, is back home, still a free agent. May visit Rams next week."

"Pretty lame explanations by Snead and Fisher for why Bradford was traded. If that's the case, why tell everyone how much Bradford means to the franchise for two months? Not like there was some huge trade market for Foles and Rams had to disguise their intentions. Wonder how that plays in locker room in terms of credibility issue? Heard some Rams players not happy with how whole Bradford thing handled."

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fisher had said Bradford was not in the Rams' future and was available for trade, he would've gotten much crappier offers. It's all about getting trade leverage.

Never believe anything a coach says in a press conference. How often does the dreaded "vote of confidence" turn into "you're losing your job"?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fisher had said Bradford was not in the Rams' future and was available for trade, he would've gotten much crappier offers. It's all about getting trade leverage.

Never believe anything a coach says in a press conference. How often does the dreaded "vote of confidence" turn into "you're losing your job"?

Exactly. They can't let everyone know they're trying to trade Bradford what if it doesn't go through then you have a quarterback that knew he was on the trade block. But he did say he kept Bradford in the loop. The trade happen because the Eagles could offer a quarterback in return. they said they were offered a first-round pick but without a quarterback in return

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...a late 1st round pick, reportedly

It had to be the Browns at 19. They are desperate for a QB and have two first rounders. And really the only team that makes sense at the back in of the draft. I do know the Cards like him a lot but had to know the Rams would never do that.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It had to be the Browns at 19. They are desperate for a QB and have two first rounders. And really the only team that makes sense at the back in of the draft. I do know the Cards like him a lot but had to know the Rams would never do that.

...and if the Rams did, they would have to wonder why lol.