• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Survivor

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesse's mistake was eliminating Karla instead of Cassidy. Would have had better odds of winning that final immunity, although, to be fair, it was pretty clear he wasn't going to win any challenges. And that hurt. Though, I was surprised how the jury seemed to think Jesse was boss. I guess you can win this game with one of the best all time moves alone.

I don't think we understand how much of a connection Gabler had with each and every player. He knew their backstories. He was funny. He was engaging. Coined his own term "Alli-Gabler'. Yes, he floated, but he just seemed more likable than Cassidy.

Cassidy answering that one question where the Ride or Die gang had the votes and Cassidy was just along for the ride really seemed to damage her. Pretty much locked up all the Ride or Die votes for Gabler. I'm guessing Karla despised Cassidy, so that's another vote for Gabler.

I appreciated Owen's game. Nice guy. But, it must be hard to vote for him as a winner when he missed a large % of the early votes post merge. His best chance would have been to win final immunity and throw himself into fire making with Jesse. I'm not sure he would have beaten Gabler in that instance, but it would have been interesting.

This was a really entertaining season. Noelle had one of the best moments, but it also cemented the fact that nobody could win against her if she made it to the end of the game. Cody was unusually quiet during questioning and when the game ended. I'm guessing he was stoned?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I hope the producers look at changing is the fire challenge. Come up with another way to decide the 3rd seat. Cassidy won the right to sit in seat 1 and for anyone on the jury to question her not stepping into the fire challenge to “prove herself” after winning the right not to is horseshit. There are other ways to incorporate the fire challenge. That was the only real negative I took from last night.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I hope the producers look at changing is the fire challenge. Come up with another way to decide the 3rd seat. Cassidy won the right to sit in seat 1 and for anyone on the jury to question her not stepping into the fire challenge to “prove herself” after winning the right not to is horseshit. There are other ways to incorporate the fire challenge. That was the only real negative I took from last night.
That's all part of jury management.
I'm pretty sure she was surprised that Gabler won, so she was convinced she made the right move at the time.

I'm pretty sure if Gabler or Owen had won that immunity, they would have thrown themselves in against Jesse.
And the winner would have won.
Might just be recency bias from the jury putting too much weight into who wins that fire challenge.

We also didn't see the entire edit of the questions, so it's possible little details might get missed.

I dunno.
I like the fire challenge and the choices available.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesse's mistake was eliminating Karla instead of Cassidy. Would have had better odds of winning that final immunity, although, to be fair, it was pretty clear he wasn't going to win any challenges. And that hurt. Though, I was surprised how the jury seemed to think Jesse was boss. I guess you can win this game with one of the best all time moves alone.

I don't think we understand how much of a connection Gabler had with each and every player. He knew their backstories. He was funny. He was engaging. Coined his own term "Alli-Gabler'. Yes, he floated, but he just seemed more likable than Cassidy.

Cassidy answering that one question where the Ride or Die gang had the votes and Cassidy was just along for the ride really seemed to damage her. Pretty much locked up all the Ride or Die votes for Gabler. I'm guessing Karla despised Cassidy, so that's another vote for Gabler.

I appreciated Owen's game. Nice guy. But, it must be hard to vote for him as a winner when he missed a large % of the early votes post merge. His best chance would have been to win final immunity and throw himself into fire making with Jesse. I'm not sure he would have beaten Gabler in that instance, but it would have been interesting.

This was a really entertaining season. Noelle had one of the best moments, but it also cemented the fact that nobody could win against her if she made it to the end of the game. Cody was unusually quiet during questioning and when the game ended. I'm guessing he was stoned?

As much as Jesse played a great game... and he did... But at the end, even though it was the biggest move of the season, he didnt need to make it... and the fact he showed the jury that he was the CLEAR BEST PLAYER, nobody was going to take him to the finals...

So his biggest mistake was actually to blindside Cody... As he was so all about having fun, that he was the only one that would have possibly taken HIS BOY to the finals without fire...

his strategy was amazing to make it to the final 4... But past that, he actually played a STUPID game...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree. She should not have needed to make fire to win. I thought her game play was pretty good , especially in challenges. I mentioned earlier in the season that Owen surprised me with his athletic ability. Maybe he just looked really good because everyone else sucked. I know all challenges arent about athletic ability but you can tell a lot just by watching people. Surprised Cody didnt win a couple. I too wonder about Jessies backstory. Gang member ??? He definitely played the brains part of the gang more than he did the muscle. I mean a lot of people dont win challenges, but he finished last in a lot of them. Noelle would have been tough to not pick , but I still think her gameplay was overlooked. She was very strategic but was just always fighting an uphill battle due to the numbers.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fire thing though to me, was Jessies saving grace. If they dont have the fire, he would have been the vote at 4. The fire was his only shot.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. She should not have needed to make fire to win. I thought her game play was pretty good , especially in challenges. I mentioned earlier in the season that Owen surprised me with his athletic ability. Maybe he just looked really good because everyone else sucked. I know all challenges arent about athletic ability but you can tell a lot just by watching people. Surprised Cody didnt win a couple. I too wonder about Jessies backstory. Gang member ??? He definitely played the brains part of the gang more than he did the muscle. I mean a lot of people dont win challenges, but he finished last in a lot of them. Noelle would have been tough to not pick , but I still think her gameplay was overlooked. She was very strategic but was just always fighting an uphill battle due to the numbers.

I think Jesse was fake... or at least dramatized by CBS... i think he was told to harp on his past... i mean, even in the Celebration/reunion episode(last hour of the finale) when he was asked to say something, the music came on in the background...

CBS loved him, which i think thats why they gave him that edit throughout the season... But again, someone who has a PHD, went to Berkley and duke, has a loving family( or at least he made it seem like that) definitley overcame his gang life past... we didnt need to be told his past in every episode... i mean im sure others had a tough growing up... im sure he was not in the gang for long...

I mean how old is he?? 30 at the oldest?? a PHD, means at least 7 years of college/grad school... and before that 7 years, he had to get a GED before going to school... so how long could his gang life have been so hard for??

I bet he was in a gang for no more than 5 years before he got out.... and yes, that is tough living... tougher than i can imagine as a sheltered suburbanite... But i just cant see it being so difficult that they focused on it EVERY EPISODE!!!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jesse was fake... or at least dramatized by CBS... i think he was told to harp on his past... i mean, even in the Celebration/reunion episode(last hour of the finale) when he was asked to say something, the music came on in the background...

CBS loved him, which i think thats why they gave him that edit throughout the season... But again, someone who has a PHD, went to Berkley and duke, has a loving family( or at least he made it seem like that) definitley overcame his gang life past... we didnt need to be told his past in every episode... i mean im sure others had a tough growing up... im sure he was not in the gang for long...

I mean how old is he?? 30 at the oldest?? a PHD, means at least 7 years of college/grad school... and before that 7 years, he had to get a GED before going to school... so how long could his gang life have been so hard for??

I bet he was in a gang for no more than 5 years before he got out.... and yes, that is tough living... tougher than i can imagine as a sheltered suburbanite... But i just cant see it being so difficult that they focused on it EVERY EPISODE!!!

Totally agree

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the producers specifically used the Winners Edit on Jessie to stop people from figuring out the winner half way through the season. And good on them for doing it.

While I didn’t stick to my guns on my Gabler pick, I did see the outline of the Gabler Edit somewhat early, and mentioned it.

Has there been a player who got the Winners Edit as hard as Jessie and not win before? I can’t think of one. Maybe Russell?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fire thing though to me, was Jessies saving grace. If they dont have the fire, he would have been the vote at 4. The fire was his only shot.
Whether by editing or otherwise, the jury was clearly rooting for Jesse. If he had won, he would have received the same number of votes as Gabler.. if not a sweep.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 2 potential winners at this point…

Cameron - hands down, the best strategic player in the game.
Carolyn - Getting the same clown-edit that the last two winners received.

Danny is shown as a power player, but he is edited purple. Yam Yam is getting a kinda clown edit, but not in the same way as Carolyn. Everyone else is furniture.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Danny is shown as a power player, but he is edited purple. Yam Yam is getting a kinda clown edit, but not in the same way as Carolyn. Everyone else is furniture.
How do they not see Danny as a threat?

I really thought Frannie, Carson, and Kane would form some kind of 'nerd' brigade and pull in Carolyn and Yam Yam.
Then I thought the women would work together after the reward challenge.

I just don't know if Carolyn will have enough 'moves' to win at the end.
What's interesting is that Danny might think he's running things right now, but it's really Carson.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cameron is the little nerdy kid right??

if so, i think his strategy has been awful so far this season... do agree he is the most strategic... but that doesnt mean his strategy is good...

I think yam yam is the one to beat right now... yes, he is a bit of a clown... but not really the bad clown that we have seen in the past...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do they not see Danny as a threat?

I really thought Frannie, Carson, and Kane would form some kind of 'nerd' brigade and pull in Carolyn and Yam Yam.
Then I thought the women would work together after the reward challenge.

I just don't know if Carolyn will have enough 'moves' to win at the end.
What's interesting is that Danny might think he's running things right now, but it's really Carson.
Just because of his edit. They haven’t show him scheming or commenting on how he is the puppet master. The typical “Winner‘s Edit” type of things.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in order of who i think will win at this point

1. Yam Yam- Call him Carson's number 2... but he is the silent assassin... he can claim his hand in all the eliminations... and claim them with a convincing argument... he can even claim he influenced the eliminations more than anyone else... and just like carolyn, people dont take him that serious... but that is a mistake... i do think he can win an immunity!!!

2. Carolyn- Best story, if she makes it to the finals, nobody is beating her.. and she is liked enough and not taken serious enough, that she can actually make it to the finals...

3. Lauren- playing the quiet game...but that works for her... she is never a target, and it feels like she knows what is happening...

4. Danny- the comp beast... now without Frannie he will be the favourite to win every comp as long as there is no puzzles... but everyone knows this... He will be taken out at first opportunity... nobody needs him for their game...
5. Carson- most strategic, but really hate his strategy... think it is terrible... especially since he makes Yam Yam look much better... He will be the strategist vote off.. and since he is not great at comps(unless theres puzzles), he aint winning back to backs or multiple times in a row... he is too much of a threat,

6.Heidi- heidi is this low only because i think people believe she is a much better player than she is... they will all say, we dont want to sit next to her, she will win... there is always that person, who they say that about, and we are like WHAT?? WHY??

7. Jamie- No chance in hell... if others are smart, she will be a final three... nobody is going to vote for her...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yam Yam is winning.

Hes getting a great edit.

Lots of content like winners of the past. But also getting the under dog arc of a lot of the current survivor. Hes being shown to even from the bottom constantly get his way. You put his name down, you go home.

He wins. Small chance for Carson. No chance for Carolyn. She got the classic journey eidt a few weeks ago. And is never getting her way on votes while being in the power trio.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yam Yam is winning.

Hes getting a great edit.

Lots of content like winners of the past. But also getting the under dog arc of a lot of the current survivor. Hes being shown to even from the bottom constantly get his way. You put his name down, you go home.

He wins. Small chance for Carson. No chance for Carolyn. She got the classic journey eidt a few weeks ago. And is never getting her way on votes while being in the power trio.

i agree carolyn wont win... but she is interesting... i think if she reaches the finals her story is beating everyone... i also think people dont see her as a competitor, so she may be carried for a while longer, if not to the finals...

i will be shocked if the NEXT person to leave is not 1 of Carson, Danny, or Heidi...

Carson is going to be seen as too much of a threat because Carolyn and Yam Yam are still around...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good season. Shocked the votes werent split more. I thought all had good moments.

Is Jam Jam and James Harden twins. He kept talking about his athletic brother. Of course im kidding, but when i first saw him , i was like he looks so familiar.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that jury, there was zero question who won. Though I thought Carolyn would get 2 votes (Franny and Carson) and Yam would get the rest.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that jury, there was zero question who won. Though I thought Carolyn would get 2 votes (Franny and Carson) and Yam would get the rest.

Yam yam was a deserving winner... always nice to see that... but that trio lasting so long showed how poorly everyone played... And Carson's game plan was terrible for him... it was great for Yam Yam... but awful for him...

I agree that it was surprising Carolyn didnt get any votes... but i guess it was hard when her partner in crime sat next to her... again, why Carson's game was really strong for Yam Yam, and Yam Yam only...