• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Survivor

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awarding multiple winners as an on-the-fly solution is fine, imho. But they need to at least come up with a phase 2 or a tie breaker moving forward. Multiple winners throws the game out of whack, imho (Unless designed ahead of time, like Cody’s immunity).

I guess we disagree here... i dont mind multiple winners in a competition, any competition... given that the maximum time given for the comp has passed and to reach that limit is extremely difficult... If person deserves to win, i would rather them win than lose because of a silly tie breaker...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surely Karla or Cass has mentioned Jessee or Cody as a possible vote off before. I did like to see Cody throw a little strategy thought out there instead of just listening.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kind of adds a new layer though , not that the show needs one but there have been multiple winners before or 1st and 2nds , just not this late in the game. You throw a double winner challenge in this late and it could change a lot of strategy. Ive heard plenty of times , well if they have an idol - we need to go here. Ive never heard well if they have a double winner what do we do. That Champion thing was big eventhough we know Cody didnt need it. He would have been my choice to win by the way. No way he kept that shit secret either.
That advantage basically guaranteed him immunity either way. He just needs to say he picked the winner. There is no “flushing the idol” in that case. He is either immune or he isnt. Voting for him really doesn’t do anything positive. If he were the target, you HAVE to change the target to his ally or change your plan.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we disagree here... i dont mind multiple winners in a competition, any competition... given that the maximum time given for the comp has passed and to reach that limit is extremely difficult... If person deserves to win, i would rather them win than lose because of a silly tie breaker...
Why not just make it an endurance challenge? Hunger, cold, fatigue would all still be a factor. Maybe it becomes a health issue at that point?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surely Karla or Cass has mentioned Jessee or Cody as a possible vote off before. I did like to see Cody throw a little strategy thought out there instead of just listening.

im sure its the editing... i have a hard time beliveing they are never candidates...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That advantage basically guaranteed him immunity either way. He just needs to say he picked the winner. There is no “flushing the idol” in that case. He is either immune or he isnt. Voting for him really doesn’t do anything positive. If he were the target, you HAVE to change the target to his ally or change your plan.

Right. Regardless if he picked right or not. He tells them he did.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not just make it an endurance challenge? Hunger, cold, fatigue would all still be a factor. Maybe it becomes a health issue at that point?

a couple reasons... unlike BB and other shows survivor is Obstacle + nature... the other shows constantly add to the obstacle... but survivior has always been very pure competition and straight forward....

also, all contestants watch the competition until end... so there has to be a time limit otherwise the challenge becomes a challenge for the losers as well...

and because they dont add obstacles to the obstacle(like BB does), you can have a stalemate before the competition is over... like this one, if the competition went on, then it would have been too easy...

if this was BB, then we would just throw purple dildos until someone falls...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jessees plan didnt exactly work. What happened to Karla throwing a vote towards Cass to mess that little thing up

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best episodes of survivor maybe ever. At least in the last 15 or so seasons.

Jesse is one of the best players we have seen.

Will be such a fucking shame if he loses. There is still a lot suggest a Cassidy win. Its gonna come down to that damn fire making. If Jesse makes fire he wins the game(he sucks ass at challenges so I doubt he wins final 4 immunity).

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best episodes of survivor maybe ever. At least in the last 15 or so seasons.

Jesse is one of the best players we have seen.

Will be such a fucking shame if he loses. There is still a lot suggest a Cassidy win. Its gonna come down to that damn fire making. If Jesse makes fire he wins the game(he sucks ass at challenges so I doubt he wins final 4 immunity).

LOL... I was thinking the opposite,... I get pissed off watching episodes like this weeks... they all LET Jesse make a game changing move... and right in front of the jury...

episodes that show how one player is playing the game and the rest are just watching along GRINDS MY GEARS... and the edit has been showing how great a player he has been... maybe it is the edit... but I just hate when it looks like everyone else sucks...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... I was thinking the opposite,... I get pissed off watching episodes like this weeks... they all LET Jesse make a game changing move... and right in front of the jury...

episodes that show how one player is playing the game and the rest are just watching along GRINDS MY GEARS... and the edit has been showing how great a player he has been... maybe it is the edit... but I just hate when it looks like everyone else sucks...

This one had a lot of killer strategy. Jesse just pulled off the brilliant move last minute because he knowledge no one else did(two idols).

They way Cody orginially tricked Karla was great.

The way everyone first pitted Karla vs Cassidy was also brilliant.

Everyone had strategy all episode. But the immunity challenge and 2 idols(jesses 3rd not being known) made it so things had to evolve so that people wouldnt be idoled out.

Some people played better than others, but I dont think anyone looked incompetent..............aside from Cody leaving his idol with Jesse for like 6 rounds that I dont get. But he was DOA either way, having his idol woulda just spared Karla playing hers.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This one had a lot of killer strategy. Jesse just pulled off the brilliant move last minute because he knowledge no one else did(two idols).

Everyone had strategy all episode. But the immunity challenge and 2 idols(jesses 3rd not being known) made it so things had to evolve so that people wouldnt be idoled out.

Some people played better than others, but I dont think anyone looked incompetent..............aside from Cody leaving his idol with Jesse for like 6 rounds that I dont get. But he was DOA either way, having his idol woulda just spared Karla playing hers.
Why was it so vital that Cody's idol remain with Jesse?????

It looked like it was Cody's red necklace idol that Jesse played to protect Owen.
Why didn't Cody keep it when he showed Karla???

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was it so vital that Cody's idol remain with Jesse?????

It looked like it was Cody's red necklace idol that Jesse played to protect Owen.
Why didn't Cody keep it when he showed Karla???

That is the one thing I do not get.

It made perfect sense early on. Jesse is a trusted ally and that stupid ass KIP advantage was out there.

Maybe since James was gone he thought it was re hidden? But this late in the game final 6, you gotta ask for that fucker back.

Will be interested to read the exit interviews from Cody. Cause he really shocked me after the first couple eps with how good a player he is, super good strategic mind(hence why people wanted him out there).....but that one decision doesnt add up.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the rest of the contestants still let Jesse take all the credit with the jury on the biggest move of the season...

Big mistake by the other players. if you wanted this to be the greatest episode, then Jesse would have went home AFTER making this move...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the rest of the contestants still let Jesse take all the credit with the jury on the biggest move of the season...

Big mistake by the other players. if you wanted this to be the greatest episode, then Jesse would have went home AFTER making this move...

There is no time to pull that off. He basically did it at the end. You have to try and get 4 people on board.

And by your logic then the next person becomes the threat and so on.

Cody was a huge threat and Jesse revealing he has his idol made it easy to get him.

Also, keeping Cody to final 5 is mental. Whether he still has his idol or not. If he wins F5 immunity he makes the end and wins. Cause he is not losing fire. And Cody may not even be the vote at 5 now anymore because whoever in your scenario "took out" Jesse would also now be the biggest threat.

This episode was phenomenal survivor and you are basically in the .01% minority. It had everything. From fully laid out plans. People playing to win. People flipping on allies. An immunity challenge changing the plans. Idols being a factor but not overshadowing pure game play. Wasted idols. It had a guy literally vote out his closest ally, while using that guys idol and burning another. That has never been done in 43 seasons.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jess is an odd dude. He supposedly has a PHD in Political Science. He was a gang member growing up. He made a reference earlier in the game that he was very private at home - not having many , if any friends. Family is everything to him. I would have never thought he would stab Cody in the back.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the preview show Owen practicing making fire next week . Maybe they just made it appear that way. Oddly enough , Directv is coming today and Im getting 2 new recievers so i will lose all of my recordings.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the one thing I do not get.

It made perfect sense early on. Jesse is a trusted ally and that stupid ass KIP advantage was out there.

Maybe since James was gone he thought it was re hidden? But this late in the game final 6, you gotta ask for that fucker back.

Will be interested to read the exit interviews from Cody. Cause he really shocked me after the first couple eps with how good a player he is, super good strategic mind(hence why people wanted him out there).....but that one decision doesnt add up.

What wasn’t clear from the episode was whether Cody actually gave his idol back to Jesse or did Jesse use Jeanine’s idol to give Owen safety and exposing Cody in the process. Cody confirms that he actually did give his idol back to Jesse after he showed it to Karla but Jesse’s scheme was far more devious than fans might have thought. Cody returned the idol to Jesse because Jesse convinced him that Karla might have a Knowledge is Power advantage and could steal his idol from him. Cody returned it to Jesse for safe-keeping never guessing Jesse would use it against him.

“I gave it back to him because I trusted him more than anyone,” said Cody who at the time believed that if he did ask for it back it would be breaking Jesse’s trust in him at such a crucial point in the game.