• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Survivor

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Lulu the worst starting tribe in the history of the game?

2 quitters.
1 fat liability
1 camp cancer
1 furniture
1 physical stud

The only person who has a shot at winning, imho, is the furniture (Sean?)

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Lulu the worst starting tribe in the history of the game?

2 quitters.
1 fat liability
1 camp cancer
1 furniture
1 physical stud

The only person who has a shot at winning, imho, is the furniture (Sean?)

Just an awful premiere overall. That tribe obviously was the brunt of it. I do think the 3 "normal" ones on yellow tribe seem like solid players even if Sean or whatever as you said is bland as shit. Good situation for those 3 to jsut stay strong and pick off the weak

The camp cancer is a legit bad person, probable racist and also a total idiot. Supposedly a banker but says shed rather get 1st boot than 2nd out? Thats like a $97,500 difference.

Astrology broad on blue was annoying as shit. Pretty much every cast member was obnoxiously overly giddy. Why? Because it was strictly fan casting.. All diehard dorks that have like the same type of profession.

Diversity in race and orientation took place of diversity of people at their core.

Brutal. But it was so brutal it might be a fun trainwreck to watch at some point and all the online commentary has been hilarious. Basically unanimously panned.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very early, but so far the tall dude is getting the winners edit. At the 3-way meeting, they never showed what he told the others, and painted it like he orchestrated milking Brandon and Bruce for info.

I don’t feel comfortable pointing out a real winners edit until at least 5 or 6 episodes in, but the way that scene was edited was pretty thick.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tall dude is practically the only person not on the loser tribe that is getting any screen time. Again, WAY to early to declare a winner based on the edit, but that dude is getting the lion’s share of the attention from the producers.

the game play in this week’s episode was really fun. The cancer has shown she has come to play. I don’t think she will last long moving forward, but she is on my radar at this point. Caeleb is a really smart AND physical player, but “that” player never goes far. He is way too much of a target. And the edit already spelled out that EVERYONE sees him that way, so there is no way he will survive every tribal.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tall dude is practically the only person not on the loser tribe that is getting any screen time. Again, WAY to early to declare a winner based on the edit, but that dude is getting the lion’s share of the attention from the producers.

the game play in this week’s episode was really fun. The cancer has shown she has come to play. I don’t think she will last long moving forward, but she is on my radar at this point. Caeleb is a really smart AND physical player, but “that” player never goes far. He is way too much of a target. And the edit already spelled out that EVERYONE sees him that way, so there is no way he will survive every tribal.

Ive been thinking of comparing Survivor and Big brother... One thing i dont like about Survivor at all, before it is one tribe, the evictions are based on too much that is not controlled by the players...

for example, there is ALWAYS a MOST weak tribe, that goes to tribal more than all others, that tribe is always in such chaos...

then when they do a re-set where the tribes get restructured, it is based on the numbers from the original structure....

its all too random... at least BB with all its faults, the player is in control to create their own alliances, and protect themselves better... allows for much less randomness, and gameplay is more important from the beginning...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been thinking of comparing Survivor and Big brother... One thing i dont like about Survivor at all, before it is one tribe, the evictions are based on too much that is not controlled by the players...

for example, there is ALWAYS a MOST weak tribe, that goes to tribal more than all others, that tribe is always in such chaos...

then when they do a re-set where the tribes get restructured, it is based on the numbers from the original structure....

its all too random... at least BB with all its faults, the player is in control to create their own alliances, and protect themselves better... allows for much less randomness, and gameplay is more important from the beginning...
Randomness is a thing, of course. But such is life. If the player shows that they are interesting, they can be invited back (Bruce from this season left early in a previous season because of a medical emergency, for example).

But changing the skillset requirement throughout the game makes it interesting and complicated. Pre-merge, it is more about winning the challenge to avoid Tribal and building a stronger bond with your tribemates to utilize later in the game. But if you are unable to win the challenges, than you have the choice of “eating” your weakest or “eating” your strongest, and there are strategies for both actions.

One of the things I LOVE about MLB is that the game completely changes from the regular season to the post season. The regular season is a marathon, so the 5th starter is just as important as the ace and the 26th man has a significant role. The playoffs, though, are a sprint, so the 5th starter might not even make the roster and if the 26th man even plays, that is a story. Same with the NBA where you use your entire bench in the regular season, but MAYBE 8 players during the playoffs.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randomness is a thing, of course. But such is life. If the player shows that they are interesting, they can be invited back (Bruce from this season left early in a previous season because of a medical emergency, for example).

But changing the skillset requirement throughout the game makes it interesting and complicated. Pre-merge, it is more about winning the challenge to avoid Tribal and building a stronger bond with your tribemates to utilize later in the game. But if you are unable to win the challenges, than you have the choice of “eating” your weakest or “eating” your strongest, and there are strategies for both actions.

One of the things I LOVE about MLB is that the game completely changes from the regular season to the post season. The regular season is a marathon, so the 5th starter is just as important as the ace and the 26th man has a significant role. The playoffs, though, are a sprint, so the 5th starter might not even make the roster and if the 26th man even plays, that is a story. Same with the NBA where you use your entire bench in the regular season, but MAYBE 8 players during the playoffs.

i am not complaining about the entertainment value... you are right... for us there is no difference... i mean, they dont really show half the people until after the merge anyway...

But competitvely speaking, i think BB is more FAIR... BB is a better competition than survivor... better format...

but survivor has much better competitors...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not complaining about the entertainment value... you are right... for us there is no difference... i mean, they dont really show half the people until after the merge anyway...

But competitvely speaking, i think BB is more FAIR... BB is a better competition than survivor... better format...

but survivor has much better competitors...
I always wondered why players from other shows didn’t do BB the way BB players move to other shows. In the history of BB (non-celeb version), there have only been 2 players from Amazing Race. Before Cirie, there had never been a player from survivor play BB. But there have been at least 2 BB players move on to Survivor (for a total of 3 or 4 seasons) and numerous going to AR and Challenge.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always wondered why players from other shows didn’t do BB the way BB players move to other shows. In the history of BB (non-celeb version), there have only been 2 players from Amazing Race. Before Cirie, there had never been a player from survivor play BB. But there have been at least 2 BB players move on to Survivor (for a total of 3 or 4 seasons) and numerous going to AR and Challenge.

It makes sense to me, just from the nature of each show... BB is a gateway show... because it gives so much air time, and it doesnt destroy you physically or mentally... the contestants are entertainment, so it targets wannabee actors, and wannabee reality show rotation-ers

Survivor, is more about the man vs nature than it is about the drama... and it is all edited to create a good show...

amazing race- only hardcore reality fans watch... it used to be more about the locations and experiences, but now it is too much about the random and silly competitions... its also very edited, and because it is pairs, the individuals dont really shine...

the challenge- by description of the show, is intended for the reality show "stars"... this is the pinnacle of the reality show world... but also has the least straightforward rules... and it changes drastically season to season...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes sense to me, just from the nature of each show... BB is a gateway show... because it gives so much air time, and it doesnt destroy you physically or mentally... the contestants are entertainment, so it targets wannabee actors, and wannabee reality show rotation-ers

Survivor, is more about the man vs nature than it is about the drama... and it is all edited to create a good show...

amazing race- only hardcore reality fans watch... it used to be more about the locations and experiences, but now it is too much about the random and silly competitions... its also very edited, and because it is pairs, the individuals dont really shine...

the challenge- by description of the show, is intended for the reality show "stars"... this is the pinnacle of the reality show world... but also has the least straightforward rules... and it changes drastically season to season...
I think BB isn’t conducive to people who actually have a public image that they would like to protect or control. It is live (essentially) and they have very little control over what “goes out”. Celeb BB is a complete bastardization of the game. It is BB, but not really.

Survivor gets celebs to play the actual game (Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Kent, Lisa Welchel, Mike White, John Rocker, etc). BB NEVER gets celebs to play the real game. There have been some celeb-adjacent people, though (Frankie). Vanessa Rousso was probably the most legit “celeb” to ever play the real game, and calling her a “celeb” is a gross over statement.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think BB isn’t conducive to people who actually have a public image that they would like to protect or control. It is live (essentially) and they have very little control over what “goes out”. Celeb BB is a complete bastardization of the game. It is BB, but not really.

Survivor gets celebs to play the actual game (Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Kent, Lisa Welchel, Mike White, John Rocker, etc). BB NEVER gets celebs to play the real game. There have been some celeb-adjacent people, though (Frankie). Vanessa Rousso was probably the most legit “celeb” to ever play the real game, and calling her a “celeb” is a gross over statement.

true... celebrity BB is a joke... and is basically like watching any scripted reality show, like Housewives... which, i dont, but it does have a big shared fanbase... so thats why celebrity BB is so popular...

also, there is no celebrity survivor... which is great... they just throw the celebrities in with the peasants...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true... celebrity BB is a joke... and is basically like watching any scripted reality show, like Housewives... which, i dont, but it does have a big shared fanbase... so thats why celebrity BB is so popular...

also, there is no celebrity survivor... which is great... they just throw the celebrities in with the peasants...
“Celeb Survivor” exists, but it always pops up as a different IP like ”Get me out of here, I’m a Celebrity” and “Gilligan’s Island”.

But the fact that they throw the Celebs into the REAL game for Survivor actually makes me respect that game and its players even more. JJ may have been grossly ill-prepared for the game, but he actually showed up and played it legit.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Celeb Survivor” exists, but it always pops up as a different IP like ”Get me out of here, I’m a Celebrity” and “Gilligan’s Island”.

But the fact that they throw the Celebs into the REAL game for Survivor actually makes me respect that game and its players even more. JJ may have been grossly ill-prepared for the game, but he actually showed up and played it legit.

but those other shows are survivor light at the most... they often have guides too....LOL... then again, i dont think i have ever watched any of those shows...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but those other shows are survivor light at the most... they often have guides too....LOL... then again, i dont think i have ever watched any of those shows...
I never watched them either. They were basically produced when VH1 was making some actual quality-ish Celeb-based reality TV And the networks tried to bite off this trend.

It is amazing what Real World has led to, 30+ years later.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HATE HATE HATE these woke speeches that have happened 2-3 times a season the last few years.

Dude, you aren’t a hero. You are just some schmoe on a realityTV show. Get off your soapbox and lose like an adult.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that original yellow tribe continues to prove that it is a strong contender for worst starting tribe in the history of the game. These tribals are more about people arguing for getting voted out rather than arguing to stay.

Embarrassing.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I gave Gilligans Island a try because of some of the scenery it presented. I think it was Nicole Egert. I may be wrong. As a Survivor " super fan ", Gilligans Isle was really tough to watch. It had a crazy ending too. Cant really remember what happened but it wasnt too dramatic.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that original yellow tribe continues to prove that it is a strong contender for worst starting tribe in the history of the game. These tribals are more about people arguing for getting voted out rather than arguing to stay.

Embarrassing.

It is pretty bad. But back to my problem with survivor. The luck factor is too much. It is all about what tribe you are put on. And then if there is a rebuff then new luck is needed.

Making it to the merge takes more luck than skill.

I wish there was a way to balance it out better. Maybe take away the tribes all together and do a schoolyard team pick for each competition

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty bad. But back to my problem with survivor. The luck factor is too much. It is all about what tribe you are put on. And then if there is a rebuff then new luck is needed.

Making it to the merge takes more luck than skill.

I wish there was a way to balance it out better. Maybe take away the tribes all together and do a schoolyard team pick for each competition
The 15 people should cast a secret vote on who the 3 captains are going to be.
Most votes has the option of where they want to pick, 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

Then the captains start picking people in a snake style draft.

Strategy in electing captains.
Strategy in picking players.

There would still be some luck involved, but obviously not as much as a random swap.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he really wanted out though , why did he vote D.