• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Surprised and embarrassed at the reaction of the Hoop to the SB

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that the Hoop has been that bad toward Seahawk fans. Hell, in honesty, I expected it to be much worse. Seahawk fans have kind've demanded respect this past year, right or wrong, and not everyone was happy about it, so losing was going to bring this about. Not sure how much different it would have been for the Pats fans if the Seahawks score that TD.

It was a great Super Bowl that came down to one play, and even though the Pats won I am still proud of the Seahawks. The future looks bright in Seattle right now, and it's nice to look forward and envision 10 win seasons and division championships and even more Super Bowl appearances, instead of feeling that 8-8 would be a good season and maybe that can be built on. Bottom line is, when you win, some people like you - some people don't. When you continue to win both sides get more vocal, when you lose it's more the same.

Good job Patriots!

Well said. Great game.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that the Hoop has been that bad toward Seahawk fans. Hell, in honesty, I expected it to be much worse. Seahawk fans have kind've demanded respect this past year, right or wrong, and not everyone was happy about it, so losing was going to bring this about. Not sure how much different it would have been for the Pats fans if the Seahawks score that TD.

It was a great Super Bowl that came down to one play, and even though the Pats won I am still proud of the Seahawks. The future looks bright in Seattle right now, and it's nice to look forward and envision 10 win seasons and division championships and even more Super Bowl appearances, instead of feeling that 8-8 would be a good season and maybe that can be built on. Bottom line is, when you win, some people like you - some people don't. When you continue to win both sides get more vocal, when you lose it's more the same.

Good job Patriots!

Yep, I think that's just is how it's going to work in a general board setting- not everyone will get along, but there's usually some good legit threads in there, too.

I just patiently wait for some of my teams (at least the local ones- Chelsea does pretty well for themselves these days) to do some major damage one of these days. I would have no problem being in Seattle's position of being hated and despised- it would mean my team(s) are relevant. Instead of being relatively anonymous for the most part, being recognized as the best is the goal of course in any sport- to be a champion.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c
36-12 across the past three years. Back-to-back years with the NFL's #1 scoring defense and the NFL's #1 defense in yards allowed. Back-to-back Superbowl appearances, the core of the team (Chancellor, Thomas, Sherman, Bennett, Wright, Avril, Wilson and Wagner) all in their mid 20s and all under contract for at least the next three years (with the exception of Wilson who will get a contract extension and Wagner who I assume will also). Not to mention the Seahawks have offered Marshawn Lynch a large contract extension as well. This team has dominated the NFL for the past 3 years, suffered a heart-breaking loss, and will rebound.

The Patriots played a great game, Tom Brady further solidified his legacy as (IMO) the greatest QB of all time.

There is no logical reason to believe the Seahawks will go down hill.

Oh but there are cmany reasons why the Seahawks will not be as good as last year.

It is hard t hide a new $20 million dollar salary without it affecting team strength. The team will have less money to spend on team depth meaning when injuries occur you have less qualified people filling in weakening the team.

There will be people lost to free agency

A new defensive coordinator

Will Lynch be back?

This team will be different next year just like all the other teams but with the issues it has in front of it the team that shows up next year will have a challenge to equal the team that just lost in the Super Bowl

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good job Patriots!

very well said. I still hate you

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy who "admits" to losing chiclets in a chick's vag is embarrassed because people are poking fun at his team? What are the standards here, guy?!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you reach that level of success, the haters come out of the wood work and a lot of it is fueled by the failures of the sports teams that didn't make to the playoffs or SB.

Those who call the Seahawks full of bandwagon fans prove they know nothing about this franchises history or how much football is supported in this region.

I love the trash talking that goes with football, but end of day, all the dumb rants against the Seahawks sound like the teacher from Charlie Brown.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Seahawks fans got mistreated and OP demands respect.

What fucking EVER.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"haters"

:L

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy who "admits" to losing chiclets in a chick's vag is embarrassed because people are poking fun at his team? What are the standards here, guy?!

Probably should rub some gum between his fingers, the typing on the original post smells like pussay!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c

Oh but there are cmany reasons why the Seahawks will not be as good as last year.

It is hard t hide a new $20 million dollar salary without it affecting team strength. The team will have less money to spend on team depth meaning when injuries occur you have less qualified people filling in weakening the team.

Will Lynch be back?

This team will be different next year just like all the other teams but with the issues it has in front of it the team that shows up next year will have a challenge to equal the team that just lost in the Super Bowl

You better call Vegas and give them some of this amazing insight, Lambeau. They're way off.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is absolutely hilarious.

What a whiny bitch. And you're calling it a dynasty now? Really?

:lol:

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I've seen about 50 threads either kicking the Seattle fanbase while they're down, or talk about how classless the Seahawks are, yet look in the mirror.

There are countless threads on here celebrating the Seahawks loss, basically rubbing the loss in the face of a fanbase who before Mike Holmgren came around, never had anything to cheer for. We were 1 play away from winning the biggest game in American sports. 1 play. Put yourself in our shoes, could it have been anymore heart breaking than that?

You all should be embarrassed of yourselves. You all act like class is such an important virtue, yet I see absolutely none of it from a lot of you.

Wow... I've never heard of someone sound like such a crybaby through typing.

It's insane! Mind blown!

I can actually read your tears, bro!

Last edited by a moderator:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c

Will Lynch be back?

The Seahawks had 19 players go on IR this year. Not to mention some crippling injuries during the SB and guys already seriously banged up.

But the Seahawks will still have a very good defense next year. And they will have a top flight QB as well. And if the team continues to draft well there is no reason to think that they won't be a SB challenger for the next few years.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks had 19 players go on IR this year. Not to mention some crippling injuries during the SB and guys already seriously banged up.

But the Seahawks will still have a very good defense next year. And they will have a top flight QB as well. And if the team continues to draft well there is no reason to think that they won't be a SB challenger for the next few years.

One of the biggest factor in what teams get to the Superbowl is definitely health. Typically the team with the most starters and healthiest players left at the end make it.

That's life in the NFL.

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the biggest factor in what teams get to the Superbowl is definitely health. Typically the team with the most starters and healthiest players left at the end make it.

That's life in the NFL.

Agreed, if LeVeon Bell didn't get injured it may very well have been Pittsburgh beating the Seahawks in the Super Bowl...

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win or lose Pats fans are used to being shit on. Get used to it and move on.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I've seen about 50 threads either kicking the Seattle fanbase while they're down, or talk about how classless the Seahawks are, yet look in the mirror.

There are countless threads on here celebrating the Seahawks loss, basically rubbing the loss in the face of a fanbase who before Mike Holmgren came around, never had anything to cheer for. We were 1 play away from winning the biggest game in American sports. 1 play. Put yourself in our shoes, could it have been anymore heart breaking than that?

You all should be embarrassed of yourselves. You all act like class is such an important virtue, yet I see absolutely none of it from a lot of you.

What comes around goes around. In my short time on the NFL General Board I've seen no fanbase belittle and talk shit about other fan bases like many (not all) Sea fans here do. So what do you expect? With NE fans and players they were confident, but Sea fans and players acted as if the outcome was already decided. It's that cocky, arrogant, entitled attitude that gets the sand kicked back in your face. Like they say, Karma's a bitch.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow. I haven't said anything good or bad about either team or read any of this thread, so I'm sure others have already made the same point I am making. This complaint coming from a Seahawks fan is especially commical. A lot of Seahawks fans were quick to kick 49ers and Broncos fans while they were down. You may not have done so personally, but you are blind if you did not notice it. The Seahawks spent all off season running their cock-holsters and many of their fans did as well.

I don't rub it in, and I'm not going to join in the piling on. The Seahawks had a good season and an appearance at the Super Bowl is always awesome, win or lose. I respect that. Then again, I respect the game and other fans. Seahawks fans do not. While I do not care to join in, I certainly don't blame others for doing so. I've never seen such sore winners and now sore losers in my life. Seahawks fans very much deserve to be kicked while they are down.