• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Surprised and embarrassed at the reaction of the Hoop to the SB

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have a mechanism to address just him? If so, then no.

Do we have the general board to address the SEA fans that are asshats, with the realization that those who weren't being the asshats won't take it personally since it doesn't apply to them? Seems reasonable enough.

Personally I think people should address the specific people. I don't associate entire fan bases with the asshats.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A friend of mine is a huge Pats fan and sent me literally 50-60 texts from the moment of the interception until sometime the next day. Should I blame all Pat fans because he is being a dick?

You have already said that you were not here after the Super Bowl last year so you have no idea what all happened on this board. Just look at the general board right now and see that hardly anything has actually been started by an actual Patriots fan. They have done the classy thing in knowing that winning a Super Bowl is enough that they don't need to rub everybody's faces in it. They have celebrated on their own board and have said nothing but classy things for the most part towards the Seahawks.

Now if you were here last year you would have seen that almost every thread was started by Seahawks fans either 1) Pretty much telling the rest of us to bow down to their greatness and how they just had the best defense the NFL has ever seen and how they are the next great dynasty or 2) They took every shot possible at the Broncos and their fans and even the rest of the NFL for not winning the Super Bowl. They went around demanding respect and even threads that started being about the off season or some other topic that was not Seahawks related would then have 10 Seahawks fans take over it wondering why anybody would want to talk about something other than the Seahawks.

This was life on the SportsHoopla for at least 3-4 months and even continued into the season for quite a while.

Throw in then beyond just the fans the players had the same attitude going on sports shows talking about how easy the Super Bowl was and how they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. So yeah it really should be no surprise to fans of the Seahawks that this is happening. Can't play the victim card after all that has happened.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think people should address the specific people. I don't associate entire fan bases with the asshats.

You mean the OP should grow a pair and name the posters that prompted this thread, instead of hiding behind that broad brush he likes to paint with?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I've seen about 50 threads either kicking the Seattle fanbase while they're down, or talk about how classless the Seahawks are, yet look in the mirror.

There are countless threads on here celebrating the Seahawks loss, basically rubbing the loss in the face of a fanbase who before Mike Holmgren came around, never had anything to cheer for. We were 1 play away from winning the biggest game in American sports. 1 play. Put yourself in our shoes, could it have been anymore heart breaking than that?

You all should be embarrassed of yourselves. You all act like class is such an important virtue, yet I see absolutely none of it from a lot of you.

Do you even have any idea how many threads are still bashing the Patriots? Heck there would be well over 100 if they had lost. You have it easy my friend

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have already said that you were not here after the Super Bowl last year so you have no idea what all happened on this board. Just look at the general board right now and see that hardly anything has actually been started by an actual Patriots fan. They have done the classy thing in knowing that winning a Super Bowl is enough that they don't need to rub everybody's faces in it. They have celebrated on their own board and have said nothing but classy things for the most part towards the Seahawks.

Now if you were here last year you would have seen that almost every thread was started by Seahawks fans either 1) Pretty much telling the rest of us to bow down to their greatness and how they just had the best defense the NFL has ever seen and how they are the next great dynasty or 2) They took every shot possible at the Broncos and their fans and even the rest of the NFL for not winning the Super Bowl. They went around demanding respect and even threads that started being about the off season or some other topic that was not Seahawks related would then have 10 Seahawks fans take over it wondering why anybody would want to talk about something other than the Seahawks.

This was life on the SportsHoopla for at least 3-4 months and even continued into the season for quite a while.

Throw in then beyond just the fans the players had the same attitude going on sports shows talking about how easy the Super Bowl was and how they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. So yeah it really should be no surprise to fans of the Seahawks that this is happening. Can't play the victim card after all that has happened.

100% :agree:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the OP should grow a pair and name the posters that prompted this thread, instead of hiding behind that broad brush he likes to paint with?

Yes. This thread was more or less pointless and went exactly the way everyone should have expected.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slightly nsfw

OP...

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perhaps I was too broad...I don't associate the entire fanbase with the asshats. I address the asshats by the fanbase and expect those that aren't the ones causing the issue to realize I don't have an issue with them.

I remember you were not one of the ones calling Dallas cheaters or undeserving. Wiz and Harold either. I have no problems with you guys and a few others.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bingo. And then when anything negative was started about SEA or Russell, crocodile tears were shed and there were requests to remove the threads.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. And then when anything negative was started about SEA or Russell, crocodile tears were shed and there were requests to remove the threads.

Oh man the "Which quarterbacks are elite" thread was an epic meltdown of Seahawks fans. Anything negative was taken as a person being called a "Troll" or a "Hater." It was impossible to have an intelligent football discussion without some Seahawks fan sticking their nose in the conversation and speaking about how great their team was/is. Now like you said there are some Seahawks fans that this does not apply to. Wiz and Harold are two class acts on these boards. You have posters though like DoubleJive that have moments of honestly just going on a drunken rage is the best way I can describe it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spot on!

Not all, but a fair amount of Hawk fans show nothing but disdain to Steeler fans (in general) about a game a decade ago.

I picked NE to pick win, but I wasn't rooting for either side. I have to admit it was gratifying to see Carroll and a few of the more smug Hawk players hang their heads in defeat....life goes on.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now if you were here last year you would have seen that almost every thread was started by Seahawks fans either 1) Pretty much telling the rest of us to bow down to their greatness and how they just had the best defense the NFL has ever seen and how they are the next great dynasty or 2) They took every shot possible at the Broncos and their fans and even the rest of the NFL for not winning the Super Bowl. They went around demanding respect and even threads that started being about the off season or some other topic that was not Seahawks related would then have 10 Seahawks fans take over it wondering why anybody would want to talk about something other than the Seahawks

In somewhat of a defense for Seahawks fan base....

I think the reason why Pats fans are "gracious" now with the SB win is due to the fact that we got humbled TWICE by the Giants. I'm sure during the ESPN board days, Pats fans in general were douchebags from 01-04 and 07. I will admit I was a bit arrogant during the 07 season, when the Pats were whooping teams by collegiate scores. Since that first Giants loss, we learned to not taking the SB for granted. So maybe now Seahawks fans got a taste of their humble pie, and hopefully will let up on trying to "take over" the general board :noidea:

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the reason why Pats fans are "gracious" now with the SB win is due to the fact that we got humbled TWICE by the Giants. I'm sure during the ESPN board days, Pats fans in general were douchebags from 01-04 and 07. I will admit I was a bit arrogant during the 07 season, when the Pats were whooping teams by collegiate scores. Since that first Giants loss, we learned to not taking the SB for granted. So maybe now Seahawks fans got a taste of their humble pie, and hopefully will let up on trying to "take over" the general board :noidea:

I am all in favor of trash talk, bragging, hell...even using "we" when referring to one's favorite team. This being said...no fan should ever be arrogant (unless of course they win some "superfan of the year" award).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We shall see. You are right sometimes that humble pie is exactly what some of us need to come back down to reality and show some respect. From what I have seen though Seattle has a lot of young fans (comes with winning in the newer fans pick up teams that are winning) and they are like the younger brother trying to still get respect and be able to play with the big boys. I have been surprised before though so maybe this off season will be good for them. I honestly do wonder what would have happened to these boards if the Seahawks had won. Patriot fans on here are very respectful (thank you all for that by the way) so I don't expect you guys to take over the General Board demanding respect. Kind of nice that the boards after a few more weeks will most likely stay pretty calm the rest of the off season. We can maybe actually have some good football discussions.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all in favor of trash talk, bragging, hell...even using "we" when referring to one's favorite team. This being said...no fan should ever be arrogant (unless of course they win some "superfan of the year" award).

Well age had a lot to do with it as well. I was in my early 20s and recently promoted to Corporal in the Marines. All that along with how the Pats were destroying most of the teams on their schedule, was not a good mix for ego lol.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see. You are right sometimes that humble pie is exactly what some of us need to come back down to reality and show some respect. From what I have seen though Seattle has a lot of young fans (comes with winning in the newer fans pick up teams that are winning) and they are like the younger brother trying to still get respect and be able to play with the big boys. I have been surprised before though so maybe this off season will be good for them. I honestly do wonder what would have happened to these boards if the Seahawks had won. Patriot fans on here are very respectful (thank you all for that by the way) so I don't expect you guys to take over the General Board demanding respect. Kind of nice that the boards after a few more weeks will most likely stay pretty calm the rest of the off season. We can maybe actually have some good football discussions.

It should be normal when the Deflategate controversy dies (if it dies) :L

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well age had a lot to do with it as well. I was in my early 20s and recently promoted to Corporal in the Marines. All that along with how the Pats were destroying most of the teams on their schedule, was not a good mix for ego lol.

Representing Pawtucket proud Sgt

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be normal when the Deflategate controversy dies (if it dies) :L

Haha well hopefully the NFL announces something about that in the near future. My guess though is no matter what way they decide or what punishment they dish out if any there are going to be people fighting on both sides upset about it all. My guess though is the NFL will wait just a bit as to not have people going crazy of asking the Patriots to return their trophy if it does come about that they deflated the footballs.