• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SuperBowl loss leads to tragedy for Delanie Walker's family

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this has trickled onto the board but it's worth a reminder about what is truly important in life. I was deeply sadened when I read this.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the heads up, Bem.

I didn't search if this had been already posted, save for checking for any dedicated threads, as I thought this story deserved more than being a side note in the catacombs of the offseason thread (or whichever thread it may have been referenced).

Regardless, very sad story. My heart goes out to the Walker family.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that this morning. Truly terrible. Make sure to do everything possible to avoid pulling over on the freeway. I've heard of so many people who have died in that situation.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that this morning. Truly terrible. Make sure to do everything possible to avoid pulling over on the freeway. I've heard of so many people who have died in that situation.

My grandpa's cousin was killed (and cousin's wife injured) helping someone else (who wasn't injured by the crash) in this manner and a friend of my dad's lost his arm or the use of his arm by one when he was helping. One was a drunk driver incident and the other wasn't. I don't know them well, but that's a sad thing to happen when you are trying to be kind. Sad to say, it might make me second-guess helping someone, for my own selfish reasons. I think what I'd do if it is night and there's fast traffic, I would just have the people stranded get in my car and we'll call for a tow truck who has more warning symbols to alert traffic.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the heads up, Bem.

I didn't search if this had been already posted, save for checking for any dedicated threads, as I thought this story deserved more than being a side note in the catacombs of the offseason thread (or whichever thread it may have been referenced).

Regardless, very sad story. My heart goes out to the Walker family.

Well said brother and I could not agree more...