• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl XLV Champions!

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the better half is teasing me with prospects of a return to Lambeau this season.

Soooo its time to kiss some ass.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got home from my Wyoming trip - that's why I've been off for a few days .

Too bad about Bishop.

TTYL

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bishop injury is bad but I think we were really counting on Davon House. I don't think our rookie is ready yet. Made some plays but got beat like a mule several times.

Our schedule is rough this year. I just noticed that. The Texans week 6 could tell us which way this thing is going.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to go into GB to get a body work estimate for my car.
[30' trailer sideswiped my parked Accord in Wyoming = $3442.50]
Stopped at Nitschke field to see practice - got there too late - thousands of people, SRO!
Unreal - only in GB!

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn straight. We're the best. Did you get the insurance info from that driver?? Glad you're okay.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn straight. We're the best. Did you get the insurance info from that driver?? Glad you're okay.
Yeah - he was cool about it.
Cop came made - it all official.
We weren't even around when it happened [I think] - didn't notice it 'till I was packin' up in the AM.
[come to think of it, the jerk coulda left a note or somethin']

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - he was cool about it.
Cop came made - it all official.
We weren't even around when it happened [I think] - didn't notice it 'till I was packin' up in the AM.
[come to think of it, the jerk coulda left a note or somethin']

How did you figure out who it was then?

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did you figure out who it was then?
I knew what trailer it had to be. So I went to the hotel office to see who was from Arkansas. The owner says "I don't know" or, "How am I supposed to know?" I can't remember, all I can think at the time is "I'll never stay here again" [it was kind of a dump anyway, so I'm positive I won't anyway - gotta write the travel-guide book people & tell them what I think of the place being even mentioned in their book - but that's another story].
So as I'm leaving the office, my wife is taking a picture of the plate of a big dually Ford pick-up with Arkansas plates & the guy comes out of the room & says he had tried to find me last night, but couldn't find me. He gets his insurance info, and calls his agent while we wait for the cop to show up.
The main reason I was so mad at first was I couldn't figure out how to prove anything. Once I met the guy everything was cool. The guy apologized, and was real calm the whole time, so I actually didn't worry too much about it. I have to waste some time getting my car to GB, but that's not the end of the world. In the end the guy had good advice about a route not to take home & my wife ended up getting the best pictures of the Tetons of the whole time we were there [smoke from fires in California, Nevada, Idaho, etc, etc, all have converged in the valley in Grand Teton Natl Pk so bad that your view is pretty much wrecked right now - the first mountains we could see on the trip out was 15 miles outside Red Lodge, MT!]. That also caused us to go out the west entrence of Yellowstone & drive through the Wapiti Valley, which we would've missed otherwise [awesome scenery].

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you ever see the Looney Tunes cartoon with Sam & Ralph, the sheep-dog & the wolf punching the clock - the wolf tries to steal sheep & the dog beats the stuffing out of the wolf?
The noon whistle blows & they both sit down & have lunch, & engage in conversation. The whistle blows again & they go back to their respective places - the dog has the wolf by the throat, and gets ready to punch him.

Well the lunch part - that's what my wife said she thought of as she was watching me & Arkansas wait for the cop! Hilarious!

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, yea I remember that cartoon. Loved that when I was a kid.

Sounds like he did his best to make up for the damage. I can't believe how long it was before you could see mountains again. That is an insane amount of smoke. You didn't get evacuated at any point did you?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad Jennings is back in practice but here's what I don't get....

Why is our number one weapon getting the shit kicked out of him in camp? Concussion? Getting plowed into the ground to the point of a nose bleed? WTF are they thinking?

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, yea I remember that cartoon. Loved that when I was a kid.

Sounds like he did his best to make up for the damage. I can't believe how long it was before you could see mountains again. That is an insane amount of smoke. You didn't get evacuated at any point did you?
Sorry it took so long to post.

No we just had haze all the time. When we were in Yellowstone they did have 2 fires started by lightning, but we never saw evidence of them.

Btw - nice limp, Verbal! Or should I say Kaiser Sose'?

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so far i like the look of thr team. though the offense looks a little off on their timing, you can tell the peices are all there. they'll get it together. i do worry about the o-line, but arod is so good he can make them look like allstars anyway. cobb is gonna be dangerous this year.

d looks to be improved. will enjoy seeing qbs knocked on their asses again this year.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
russell is starting.

might have to secretly root for seattle this year.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL has no depth at all. One guy gets hurt, Dietrich-Smith can handle it. Two...we're in trouble.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that RW is starting in Seattle. Hope he does well.

Kinda holding my breath with Benson - this could be pretty good.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sherrod not on the pup. does that mean he is close to ready to go?

Not really sure. I heard something on the radio today but it was in passing and I couldn't make sense of it. Not sure how versatile(or good) he is anyway. The season may ride on Newhouse. Kind of feel like we should have let Clifton retire when he was ready. He'd be serviceable even if he's lost a step.

I like that RW is starting in Seattle. Hope he does well.

Kinda holding my breath with Benson - this could be pretty good.

Benson looks like he could really pop off though. I'm just pretending not to think about it, but the reality is I really enjoyed his brief appearance. Huge difference between that guy and anyone we've had in.....uh....