• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl XLV Champions!

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darts good to see ya.
I think you single-handedly added a page to our thread - awesome.

You know the hotels in GB need training camp to start on time.
Always tons of tourists in summer for t-camp, Lambeau tours, pro-shop, HOF.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True TK. I never did bring my bike when I was a kid. Plus the only time I went, the true veterans had the day off...no Sharpe or White or Butler.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True TK. I never did bring my bike when I was a kid. Plus the only time I went, the true veterans had the day off...no Sharpe or White or Butler.
Last year I went to a practice on a Friday afternoon at the new field, behind the indoor facility. Got there about 1/2 hour before & there were no seats left. About 8 rows of seats, about 150 yards long & packed. When I asked an attendant if it always was like this, he said always the Friday before the "Family Night" scrimmage.:doh:
Eventually I got a seat = was a lot of fun.
[they still do the bike thing :thumb:]

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year I went to a practice on a Friday afternoon at the new field, behind the indoor facility. Got there about 1/2 hour before & there were no seats left. About 8 rows of seats, about 150 yards long & packed. When I asked an attendant if it always was like this, he said always the Friday before the "Family Night" scrimmage.:doh:
Eventually I got a seat = was a lot of fun.
[they still do the bike thing :thumb:]

/Begin Rant

There is nothing more hilarious in the WORLD than seeing a big old lineman chugging up a hill on some 10 year old's mountain bike. They all do it though. It's great. A couple of the players just grinned at me because I was laughing every time one came by on some midget bike. My Mom kept pinching me and hissing at me to stop it, but I couldn't. The best part of that day was I was having guys sign my hat from the pro-shop, and they all thought it was awesome(a bunch wanted to know where I got it), a couple of guys actually jumped me to the front of the line for it, including Favre. There's no better time to be a Packer fan than when you're a kid, IMO.

Whichever year was Brooks' rookie year was when I went. I got to him before practice like halfway between his car and the door(probably annoyed him a little) and said...."Are you a rookie?" "Ya, walk with me man I'm gonna be late." *signature* "You're Robert Brooks? You're gonna be awesome!" Greatest moment of my sportsfan life, I think. The only reason I said he was going to be awesome was because I heard his name once around draft time, LOL. I still have the hat they all signed. Brooks' is actually the most legible one. Favre signed on the flimsy side so his 4 looks like a 9.

/End Rant

Last edited by a moderator:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL sorry I was AWOL most of the day converting the music thread into youtube playlists.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what was really weird about that day? I got an autograph from Ty Detmer. Nothing like seeing a failed Heisman---Pro conversion in person. He was a really cool guy.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, to clarify.... I got Favre's autograph too. I knew he was better. And he was pretty funny. But Detmer just had that cool older brother vibe going. Favre seemed more like the kid next door I used to go hood ornament stealing with...LOL

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, to clarify.... I got Favre's autograph too. I knew he was better. And he was pretty funny. But Detmer just had that cool older brother vibe going. Favre seemed more like the kid next door I used to go hood ornament stealing with...LOL

Hood ornament stealing - funny!

:spit:

I remember back in the mid-90s after Badgers Rose Bowl win seein' t-shirts
[refering to the national media] that said:
"When you say Wesconsin, you've said it wrong!"

Last edited by a moderator:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hood ornament stealing - funny!

:spit:

I remember back in the mid-90s after Badgers Rose Bowl win seein' t-shirts
[refering to the national media] that said:
"When you say Wesconsin, you've said it wrong!"

LOL ya....it is outright astonishing how many commentators say Wesconsin. I think one time I actually remember one commentator going off on another for that.

Flying_Darts

Greenhorn Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's funny fork.....Wesconsin! Back in the day when I was in the Marine Corps, that was a sort of standing joke about Wisconsinites was how we say Wesconsin. I really never thought we did, but if you take notice when people are talking we do say it.

Flying_Darts

Greenhorn Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Morn'in JR....Weekend was good! As usual running around the homestead here trying to stuff 10#s of crap into a 5# bag if you know what I mean! The weather sucked! As I'm sure you know.

Hey, how was the wedding?