• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl lock scenario

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's always some huge story line every Super Bowl. Ratings are down so how do you get the most watched show in the history? Easy...

Here's my lock... The playoffs start, Dak gets hurt and Romo takes Dallas to play New England. You know it's gonna happen...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread was so awesome there was a need to post it twice:rolleyes2:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys vs the the Raiders would be awesome.

A team that can't even sell out their own stadium where they have to have tarps to cover like 10,000 seats? Not sure that is the team that draws fans to the game. Probably Cowboys/Patriots would actually draw the biggest tv audience in the country. If I remember right Cowboys/Steelers was the most watched game of the season so far with the Patriots/Seahawks #2. I might be off but pretty sure that is what I read earlier this week.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team that can't even sell out their own stadium where they have to have tarps to cover like 10,000 seats? Not sure that is the team that draws fans to the game. Probably Cowboys/Patriots would actually draw the biggest tv audience in the country. If I remember right Cowboys/Steelers was the most watched game of the season so far with the Patriots/Seahawks #2. I might be off but pretty sure that is what I read earlier this week.

Yup Cowboys/Steelers had the highest rating so far, followed by Cowboys/ Packers, then Cowboys/ Giants. Pretty much any game with the Cowboys get high ratings, so Cowboys/ Raiders would probably have high ratings.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup Cowboys/Steelers had the highest rating so far, followed by Cowboys/ Packers, then Cowboys/ Giants. Pretty much any game with the Cowboys get high ratings, so Cowboys/ Raiders would probably have high ratings.

Yes the game would have high ratings BECAUSE the Cowboys are playing not because of the Raiders. That was what i was getting at that if you want the highest viewership in the Super Bowl then it will be the Cowboys and Patriots. My guess is Raiders would be about middle of the pack in viewership for the AFC. They lost a lot of fans/viewership by having 15 years of terrible play on the field.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet neither the Cowboys or Patriots make the SB. The Patriots have the better chance. It seems like every game the Cowboys play is close. That usually works against you come playoff time.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the game would have high ratings BECAUSE the Cowboys are playing not because of the Raiders. That was what i was getting at that if you want the highest viewership in the Super Bowl then it will be the Cowboys and Patriots. My guess is Raiders would be about middle of the pack in viewership for the AFC. They lost a lot of fans/viewership by having 15 years of terrible play on the field.
Yep, Cowboys and Mean Machine led by Crews would draw in viewers.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet neither the Cowboys or Patriots make the SB. The Patriots have the better chance. It seems like every game the Cowboys play is close. That usually works against you come playoff time.
shoot....Dallas ain't shit, last 20 years tells you that.
the op is just throwing a far out left hook for the attention of it all. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been waiting as far back as Meredith Vs Lamonica.
I'd dance naked in the streets if I get to see those two teams play each other in the SB.

Al & Tex Bowl

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been waiting as far back as Meredith Vs Lamonica.
I'd dance naked in the streets if I get to see those two teams play each other in the SB.

Al & Tex Bowl

I think classic fans would enjoy the match up. Those of the last 20 years though maybe not so much. Viewership like I said would still be very high because the Cowboys were in the game but just not sure the Raiders bring the same pull that they would have 20 years ago. I would say from the AFC Patriots and Steelers would bring a much bigger audience when paired with the Cowboys.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think classic fans would enjoy the match up. Those of the last 20 years though maybe not so much. Viewership like I said would still be very high because the Cowboys were in the game but just not sure the Raiders bring the same pull that they would have 20 years ago. I would say from the AFC Patriots and Steelers would bring a much bigger audience when paired with the Cowboys.
ya know....you didn't really say anything here other than supporting your previous post. It's the Cowboys...put them in the game and it doesn't matter who's playing um. People always tune in when it's Dallas...even being a low end team the last 20 years. It's Dallas...why else does Jerry want his merchandise profits separate from the NFL?

Really? " Classic Fans "

I care as much about the 26/25 year old football fan as I do women enjoying the NFL experience.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't agree with that at all. I think winning close games builds confidence for those situations that you're bound to find yourself in come January. Teams that march through the season blowing out bad teams usually don't respond so well when someone punches them in the mouth and plays them tight or builds a big lead.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will also depend on whether or not Raider fans are on work release or not that weekend:D

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya know....you didn't really say anything here other than supporting your previous post. It's the Cowboys...put them in the game and it doesn't matter who's playing um. People always tune in when it's Dallas...even being a low end team the last 20 years. It's Dallas...why else does Jerry want his merchandise profits separate from the NFL?

Really? " Classic Fans "

I care as much about the 26/25 year old football fan as I do women enjoying the NFL experience.

Did you not read the first post that started this whole thing? This isn't about what match up you would enjoy most. This whole thing started with the idea of what brings in the most viewership for the Super Bowl. If that is the case then yes those 25 year old fans and women matter when it comes to the numbers and well a team that hasn't won hardly anything during their lifetime or as the NFL has pushed harder for women to join the fandem matters. The Cowboys have done an incredible job of marketing even through the bad years which has helped keep that fandem high among both the "classic fans" and the newer generation. Jerry Jones is one of those guys that could sell a ketchup Popsicle to a woman in white glvoes.

So yes the most important thing to viewership numbers is the Cowboys. That 2nd team still matters though when it comes to the final numbers.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shoot....Dallas ain't shit, last 20 years tells you that.
the op is just throwing a far out left hook for the attention of it all. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Damn now I hope @Scooby-Doo is right for once, hahaha

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will also depend on whether or not Raider fans are on work release or not that weekend:D

Very true. And how they count the numbers of those in prison. I mean 500 men huddled around one tv cheering on the Raiders is a bit harder to count for the final numbers.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. And how they count the numbers of those in prison. I mean 500 men huddled around one tv cheering on the Raiders is a bit harder to count for the final numbers.
The COs usually do a pretty good job of getting the head count right. :dhd:
In all honesty I'd love to see an Oak/NE AFCCG with a NE win of course.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not read the first post that started this whole thing? This isn't about what match up you would enjoy most. This whole thing started with the idea of what brings in the most viewership for the Super Bowl. If that is the case then yes those 25 year old fans and women matter when it comes to the numbers and well a team that hasn't won hardly anything during their lifetime or as the NFL has pushed harder for women to join the fandem matters. The Cowboys have done an incredible job of marketing even through the bad years which has helped keep that fandem high among both the "classic fans" and the newer generation. Jerry Jones is one of those guys that could sell a ketchup Popsicle to a woman in white glvoes.

So yes the most important thing to viewership numbers is the Cowboys. That 2nd team still matters though when it comes to the final numbers.
dude...you say the same thing no matter how many words. Take your political correctness down the hall.
Classic fans my ass. IT'S THE SUPER BOWL, ratings ain't the problem and Dallas playing assures it's top 10 all time.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's not true....look at the # of viewers of raider games this year. You sound like a skins fan talking anything Dallas. Check the Denver view at the door or spin more to "classic Fans" :thumb: