• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl 51: Patriots -3 Over ATL

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't hold the same for New England. Brady and Belichick have been to so many Super Bowls this is like a freakin' preseason game for them at this point. All the other players have been along for the ride the last 17 years.

For Atlanta, it's "we are just happy to be here" mode.

Ryan is a very good QB and his time will come to. Not this year though. This is Brady's revenge tour. Too many intangibles facing the Falcons.

LMAO

You guys need meds

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well young-in at least you'll be able to tell this story for many years to come. How your team was part of the TB12 reveng tour. How you and Goodell shared an all you can eat crow buffet.

Then again, rmilia's first Superbowl boner is kind of fun to watch. He's all over the map from boasting to I-think-it'll-be-a-good-game.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO

You guys need meds

Got 'em but I ain't takin' em. I had shoulder surgery on the 4th and I was out on my Harley this past Sunday. homer strong like bull!

This game could go either way. Of course, I'd take the Pats like most of the Country but at the risk of sounding like a real wuss, I'm really quite satiated with the Pats. Malcolm made it all better. If they lose this game, 'eh, too bad but good for the Falcons.

Not good for the entire roll of tissues rmilia will need to clean up with tho.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got 'em but I ain't takin' em. I had shoulder surgery on the 4th and I was out on my Harley this past Sunday. homer strong like bull!

This game could go either way. Of course, I'd take the Pats like most of the Country but at the risk of sounding like a real wuss, I'm really quite satiated with the Pats. Malcolm made it all better. If they lose this game, 'eh, too bad but good for the Falcons.

Not good for the entire roll of tissues rmilia will need to clean up with tho.

Nice, always wanted a Harley, but been living in the city for years now, and having a bike is as useful in the city as having a jet ski

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, always wanted a Harley, but been living in the city for years now, and having a bike is as useful in the city as having a jet ski

Man, I see some dudes on bikes in the city and no thanks to that. I hit the end of my 300 ft driveway and have open road North or South.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dirt, I shake my head at any Giants fan who isn't pulling for the Pats. The more they rack up, the more special the Giants are for being the only team to be able to stop them. I just don't get why they would want to share that with another team.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I see some dudes on bikes in the city and no thanks to that. I hit the end of my 300 ft driveway and have open road North or South.

Uggh, its the worst...Ive ridden in the city, and there is an advantage to weaving through the non stop traffic, but damn, youre risking your life with every ride

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we all know what's going to happen. belichick will have a plan to shut down Julio Jones, Jones will have something along the line of 5-6 catches for no more than 70-80 yards, no touchdowns, no catches for first down, and he'll likely go a good quarter, quarter and a half without a catch. That forces Ryan to earn it with Sanu and Gabriel when throwing 8-12 yds downfield, and I think we all know that ain't happening. Patriots linebackers will play sound, fundamental down-hill football when attacking atl's running backs, coleman and freeman won't be able to breath out there. meanwhile, tommy boy will have multiple plays on multiple drives where the falcons' pass rush won't get within even a few feet of him, brady will take a good 5-6 seconds and find edelman, hogan or some asshole you and i have never even heard of, for wide open completions. By the time atlanta is able to forment any type of rhythm on offense, the score will be something like 17-0, and America will essentially turn their focus 100% to socializing, drinking booze and eating party food @ their respective superbowl parties and gatherings. patriots win 38-24, it'll be a lot like the redskins-bills superbowl back in '91-'92

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again, rmilia's first Superbowl boner is kind of fun to watch. He's all over the map from boasting to I-think-it'll-be-a-good-game.
I've seen Atlanta in a Super Bowl before

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dirt, I shake my head at any Giants fan who isn't pulling for the Pats. The more they rack up, the more special the Giants are for being the only team to be able to stop them. I just don't get why they would want to share that with another team.

LOL........Its the Brady fan that prevents me from doing that.......Between real life (in NYC, there are more Brady fans than you can imagine) and in my fake message board life........I appreciate BB, ever since his Giants days, I love the guy...I can appreciate the organizational success overall....Its the Brady fan that just needs to credit only him with all the success....And naturally he is a part of it of course, but as FlyingElvis just said, "Everyone else is along for the ride"...........Just blows my mind......Their defense just held the Steelers to 9 meaningful points, and Brady was great....And the week before, with the way Tom played, if Brock lobster wasn't the opposing QB, the Pats could have lost if not for that defense.......But I like the PATS to win this game, Ill just have to deal with Brady getting all the credit even if he throws 3 picks and plays terribly

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we all know what's going to happen. belichick will have a plan to shut down Julio Jones, Jones will have something along the line of 5-6 catches for no more than 70-80 yards, no touchdowns, no catches for first down, and he'll likely go a good quarter, quarter and a half without a catch. That forces Ryan to earn it with Sanu and Gabriel when throwing 8-12 yds downfield, and I think we all know that ain't happening. Patriots linebackers will play sound, fundamental down-hill football when attacking atl's running backs, coleman and freeman won't be able to breath out there. meanwhile, tommy boy will have multiple plays on multiple drives where the falcons' pass rush won't get within even a few feet of him, brady will take a good 5-6 seconds and find edelman, hogan or some asshole you and i have never even heard of, for wide open completions. By the time atlanta is able to forment any type of rhythm on offense, the score will be something like 17-0, and America will essentially turn their focus 100% to socializing, drinking booze and eating party food @ their respective superbowl parties and gatherings. patriots win 38-24, it'll be a lot like the redskins-bills superbowl back in '91-'92

That sir, is what I call a bold prediction. I hope you're psychic.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is proof one people don't watch Atlanta. Julio isn't our down field guy. Gabriel is. There are already 8 games this year where JJ has 4 catches or less on games. Atlanta scores MORE per game in those games. Lol. If Belichick doubles Julio Atlanta will win by double digits. God this is so great. Literally a bunch of tards commenting on a team that they clearly haven't watched at all this year. The Monday after THE SB is gonna be sweet

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is proof one people don't watch Atlanta. Julio isn't our down field guy. Gabriel is. There are already 8 games this year where JJ has 4 catches or less on games. Atlanta scores MORE per game in those games. Lol. If Belichick doubles Julio Atlanta will win by double digits. God this is so great. Literally a bunch of tards commenting on a team that they clearly haven't watched at all this year. The Monday after THE SB is gonna be sweet

Your mouth, Gods Ears

Julio is definitely getting doubled, just like Antonio, who was a non factor

The secondary offensive guys for the Steelers were terrible, youll need those secondary Falcons players to be much better

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is this your prediction that the Falcons will win? You were denying having said that a few posts back.

If the Falcons bring their A game, they certainly can win this game but history has shown many times that great offensive teams don't always show up in full strength.

I mean, the bet here costs you nothing and the payoff is sweet. If Atlanta wins you get to run all around the board with your I-told-you-so shit. If the Pats win, all of your bragging will be forgotten about.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your mouth, Gods Ears

Julio is definitely getting doubled, just like Antonio, who was a non factor

The secondary offensive guys for the Steelers were terrible, youll need those secondary Falcons players to be much better
Well they are much better so that's already taken care of lol

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this your prediction that the Falcons will win? You were denying having said that a few posts back.

If the Falcons bring their A game, they certainly can win this game but history has shown many times that great offensive teams don't always show up in full strength.

I mean, the bet here costs you nothing and the payoff is sweet. If Atlanta wins you get to run all around the board with your I-told-you-so shit. If the Pats win, all of your bragging will be forgotten about.
No. But if Julio gets doubled Atlanta will score every time they touch the ball. I'd think BB will be smart enough to see that on tape so I'd assume he's going to trust Butler to do his best with Julio.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys need meds

Had a stent put in for a collapsed bypass artery Dec.28th and a had my aortic heart valve replaced Jan. 5th. I take my meds every morning and every night.

rmilia is experiencing his first Super Bowl as are 99.5% of the Atlanta Falcons. I've talked with many NFL players about the Super Bowl experience when I was doing a weekly radio program back in 1980's and here's an honest response from almost every one of them about their first Super Bowl trip.

'After winning the conference championship, I was so excited it took me a couple of days to calm down and start getting some sleep. The coach gave us a couple of days off and then it was back to practice and the film room. We took off for the Super Bowl on the Sunday before the game. The first night was a bit off because of all of the excitement surrounding the trip. On Monday we went to the stadium, checked into the locker room and made sure all of our equipment was set. Tuesday was practice and film as was Wednesday. Thursday was Press Day and interviews and we only got a half night's sleep. No one got a full night's sleep on Friday. Saturday was the team walk through and hardly anyone slept more than a couple of hours on Saturday night. Sunday seemed to take 100 hours to get to the kick off. There was so much adrenelin pumping through me, I thought I might have a heart attack.'

This is most likely the way that most of the Atlanta Falcons will feel. The Patriots on the other hand won the Super Bowl two years ago and 60% of the team was there. That experience and background can help rookies channel all of the excitement and glitz into a more controlled attitude.

The biggest problem for the Falcons will be controlling their emotions early. On offense, Ryan has to control his throws and the WRs have to control their speed and route running. In most cases, this when first timers make huge mistakes. Interceptions and fumbles are common because everyone is trying to do more than normal. On defense, most teams have so much enthusiasm that they over pursue or come so hard they can't control their own body and a calmer player can exploit that.

My prediction is that Ryan will throw a first possession INT and the Patriots will score a TD off it. That will make Ryan try to make up for it and it will take three more possessions before the Flacons can settle in. Then they will have to come back from being 13 points down. Halftime Patriots 20 Falcons 10.

In the second half the game becomes a Patriots control of the clock game. The Falcons push to score as fast as possible to make up the 10 points. The pressure starts to take it's toll. The Falcons score two TDs in the final 7 minutes but's not enough................Final Score...........Patriots 37 Falcons 31

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. But if Julio gets doubled Atlanta will score every time they touch the ball. I'd think BB will be smart enough to see that on tape so I'd assume he's going to trust Butler to do his best with Julio.

Butler was on Antonio Brown with help on the top from McCourty. But this is probably because BB didn't respect the Steelers secondary receivers. I wouldn't be surprised to see Logan Ryan on Julio Jones with the same help on top. And Butler on an island with Sanu.

I have no idea, but don't assume Belichick to do the expected and put Butler on Jones.

The Pats will look to shut down the big plays and force Ryan to dink and dunk down the field. Then force FGs. This is how they play defense.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying NE isn't good enough to stop Atlanta from scoring isn't the same thing as saying NE can't win. Brady is the best QB I've ever seen and while our D is getting better it's still just average. This game will likely be one of the highest scoring Super Bowl game ever. It's just hilarious to listen to you guys " oh BB will figure something out to stop Atlanta". Lol. Atlanta has 5 number 1 or 2 type RB/WR talents and the best QB in the league this year. Your D has no chance. If NE wins it'll be because Brady balls out, which he is entirely capable of